• 1 Post By Mancon
    • 1 Post By ninjadreamer
    • 3 Post By Woodstock
    • 3 Post By Sensei
    • 1 Post By Oceandrop
    • 1 Post By Wishfulthinker
    • 1 Post By Metallicuh
    • 1 Post By Zyangur

Thread: Survey Results (Warning: Many images)

Banned

Post Survey Results (Warning: Many images)

Hello Guys!

Here are the Results of the Survey one day before I said I would publish them, but that is because I am atm ill, and dunno how I will feel tomorrow maybe worse and than I would definietly not come out of my bed ;p Anyway, first of all here is the full Summary, and after it I tried to analyze if there maybe is an connection between what Technique is being used and the success rate, sadly I did not include many interesting questions because I simply did not thought about them before I created the survey maybe next time. Anyway, here it is now, enjoy For some questions I also included piecharts, just because I can.

Ps: Be aware of that I removed all the ones who have answered simply "No" or "None" or misunderstood the question in the "Other (specifiy)" box, sorry that I forgot to include a No/None option by some of the questions and for the misunderstandings if my english was to bad to clarify the question. (Also the ones that just asked if I am a stupid billy for forgetting to include the "No." option, I removed )

Summary of the Survey Results:

Spoiler for Other:

Spoiler for Other:

Spoiler for Other:

Spoiler for Other:

Spoiler for Other:

Spoiler for Other:

Spoiler for Other:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Okay, I tried to find any specific connections between some techniques, the recall or the supplements and stuff, but when I tried to find this it came to me that I should have asked more specific questions for example about the vividness of the dreams (like rate your vividness in your dreams from 1-10 etc.) dream control and how often one try to get lucid dreams etc.

But now it is ofc, to late, so I hope you guys aren't all too much disappointed.

I found few things though they may be obvious or not all that interesting, anyway here they are:

First of all, if you just use WILD alone you will gonna have a bad time, though there were some few two or three really successful by just using WILD, most of the people who just used WILD or in "combination" with DILD had overall more problems than people who used WILD in combination with ADA and/or WBTB.

Second, WBTB is the champion, really people who used it in combination with other Techniques where overall better, than people who did not use it in combination with other techniques, so my advice for everyone, try out WBTB, give it a chance and stay persistent!

Third, DILD alone fails, really maybe it works for some, but alone it fails harder than WILD.

Fourth, and what surprised me the most, some people even though they used/or maybe because they used supplements failed totally, but okay I don't know if they try to get lucid dreams every week, or every month so.. anyway most of them who used supplements even if it were just extra vitamins had just few lucid dreams spread over the whole year and also trouble to remember their non-lucid dreams. Ofc there were also some exceptions, but those who failed with supplements outnumbered those who used supplements successful, any specific successful or bad supplements I could not make out.

Fifth, The ones who had more experienced, meaning the older (age-groups) ones, who started early in their youth, who took the survey were more successful than any other age group in getting lucid dreams. (Ofc, the younger ones where in the majority, so maybe it was just coincidence that the old ones who participated were generally better.)

Sixth, Most of them who participated/or are participating in a DVA class have quite a success with lucid dreaming, so if you're new try to participate in one class, it helps But ofc, it is not a guarantee if you don't do something yourself or a "must do" if you want to succed in Lucid dreaming, just a neat help from DV for getting you started and helping you on your way to frequent lucid dreams.

So the conclusion is, find the technique you're most comfortable with and stay persistent, don't take supplements immediately when you start out, first if all other ways fail and experience aka persistence will pay out

(Please remember that many of the listed supplements have side effects, so I do not advice of taking any of them. So before taking any of them, please make sure you inform yourself about the possible side effects and consequences they can have, Lucid Aids).
      Last edited by Oceandrop; 12-09-2012 at 05:14 PM.

First to Dream Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Wow! What a great survey. Thanks for taking the time to this this. I actually found some of those answers to be a little surprising
      Oceandrop likes this.
      Marine Recon
      Swift, Silent, Deadly
      DILD-14 WILD -5 FA-6

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      0 since my last
      Tranquility
      DJ Entries
      The why did you start lucid dreaming was very intresting, I don't even know which is mine anymore.
      It's also good to know that canadian is considered a gender these days

Waterbender Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      LD Count
      Not enough
      Ba Sing Se
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by dutchraptor View Post
      What! How can you not know that canadian is a gender? :O shame on you, dutchraptor. Shame on you. :<
      Oceandrop and dutchraptor like this.

Maybe it's a dream and if I scream, it will burst at the seams.

sigpic by kraom

high mileage oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      40 + Yrs' Worth
      Here & Now
      Nice work, Oceandrop!

For what it's worth, sometimes not finding anything new, or rather confirming with reasonable evidence what we already thought to be true, is worth more than discovering something completely novel.

Thanks for your effort, and I look forward to part 2!
      Linkzelda and Oceandrop like this.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Referrer Gold Tagger First Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      1000+
      Idaho
      DJ Entries
      Interesting survey! Thanks for taking the time to put this all together and showing us the results. I'm sure most people would be happy to complete a second survey if you want to make one and add more questions!

LD Count
      10+
      The Edge of the Universe
      This is awesome! Thanks for the concept and sharing the results.
      Oceandrop likes this.

Michigan
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by dutchraptor
      And "serial killer"!
      dutchraptor, Killing and Oceandrop like this.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class Referrer Gold
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      Note. 60% always remember their non LDs 61% keep a DJ. And and and the best part here. Add together every day, week, and month, and you get 63%.... keep a DJ my friends.

Banned
      Hey, thanks for the feedback so far guys.

Though I have phrased it a bit wrong @ the supplements it sounds a bit too harsh, anyway a good followup question could have been if the ones who take supplements think it helps them or if it has increased the happening of lucid dreams for them or something like that. Also I will probably at some time do another survey, but it will probably take some time.

Glad that you all enjoyed the survey so far!
      Sensei likes this.

Shadow Hunter Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

LD Count
      Cranwell
      DJ Entries
      This is really interesting. I liked reading this. :')
      Oceandrop likes this.
      Goals
      - Think of some more goals[]

Dreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class
      Florida
      DJ Entries
      Thanks for messaging me

I lol'd
      Oceandrop likes this.
      I was so much older then, I'm younger then that now.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran Second Class
      DJ Entries
      Great survey . It was interesting seeing the results. Thank you!
      Oceandrop likes this.
      AKA: DragonMaster21

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class Referrer Gold
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      Hey, is there any way that we can get more info from the survey? For instance:

Who all uses ADA and how often they LD.

How many people WILD and their age groups.

Things like this would be great I think.

I feel weird asking for more since you gave us some good (freaking amazing) info in here already.

DJ Entries
      so almost exclusively guys use this site??? odd.

Member Achievements:
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Dareloth View Post
      so almost exclusively guys use this site??? odd.
      or girls aren't to be bothered by surveys.

I don't really see too many girls here normally, so I figured that it would end up lopsided like that.

First to Dream Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Quote Originally Posted by BrandonBoss View Post
      or girls aren't to be bothered by surveys.

I don't really see too many girls here normally, so I figured that it would end up lopsided like that.
      Yeah thats interesting, that could be a whole survey by itself IMO!
      Marine Recon
      Swift, Silent, Deadly
      DILD-14 WILD -5 FA-6

DJ Entries
      is MILD basically a WBTB? you are supposed to wake up, then DJ then lie back down and go through the MILD process right?

i imagine WILD alone is rough, i have had only one true mild before.

i don't understand why your graph says 24% of people have DILDs but then in your conclusions you say "DILD alone fails"?

DJ Entries
      also, what is "ADA"? when i search it it says "Sorry no matches" it's not in the DV acronym list either.

LD Count
      >20
      Michigan
      Thanks for the survey; hopefully we can look forward to a part 2?
      I thought it was strange that DV is mostly males.

Dreamer Achievements:
      3 years registered 1000 Hall Points

LD Count
      also, what is "ADA"? when i search it it says "Sorry no matches" it's not in the DV acronym list either.
      IIRC it means all day awareness.

Member Achievements:
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      is MILD basically a WBTB? you are supposed to wake up, then DJ then lie back down and go through the MILD process right?

i imagine WILD alone is rough, i have had only one true mild before.

i don't understand why your graph says 24% of people have DILDs but then in your conclusions you say "DILD alone fails"?
      it said that 24% of people put DILD, but it was actually 24% of all the votes on that. The amount that DILD is 69% many people use DILD with other techniques. He could tell that the people that put just DILD didn't have as many or as consistent LDs as those that added something to it.

Search is down for a bit. ADA is All Day Awareness. Here is a tutorial:
      http://www.dreamviews.com/f49/all-da...gyoshi-113253/

This is the one people seem to prefer.

Hope this clears things up!

DJ Entries
      thanks, you guys are awesome. and thanks for making this survey, cleared up a lot of questions!

DJ Entries
      so one last thing: WBTB is boss right? but only when combined with something else? what else?

would combining it with MILD be good? or WILD? or in theory does practicing lots of RCs during the day, noting dreamsigns in your journal, and then doing WBTB make DILD highly likely as you're technically combining techniques (ie: activating the brain with wakefulness and then it's conscious enough to recognize dreamsigns after you go back to sleep)? if you do lots of dream journaling to look for dreamsigns and you do lots of RCs you have DILDs covered, then if you WBTB and WILD or MILD back to sleep that should be the ultimate combination, no?

my success rate has always been non recorded so even though i've had lots of lucid dreams i've never figured out an X factor formula of what REALLY works.

i practice mindfulness (samma sati, nearly identical to the ADA technique) always and that alone has gotten success for me long ago, but i think technology is ruining this for many; checking your phone, watching you tube videos, reading articles, sending texts is not the best way to be deeply aware of reality...

that actually explains why dream yoga works wonders for monks who have lots of time to focus on reality, especially long ago (pre smart phones and electricity), and few have great success with it today! wow i'm rambling, sorry. good night.