• 1 Post By paigeyemps
    • 1 Post By siuol
    • 3 Post By Highlander
    • 1 Post By Daredevilpwn
    • 2 Post By YourDreamingNow
    • 1 Post By paigeyemps

Thread: How to NOT have a lucid dream

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      MD
      DJ Entries

How to NOT have a lucid dream

Aren't you sick and tired of having lucid dreams? Well here is a guide that will help you out!

1. Don't think about lucid dream: Seriously. Just being curious about lucid dreaming will sometimes get you in that state of mind. You may just have a spontaneous lucid from just thinking about it. So for your safety, don't you dare think about lucid dreams

2. Don't have a plan: Never ever plan what you are going to do while lucid. If you somehow got lucid and had a plan you might follow through on it! But if you didn't have a plan you will be like "hmm what should I do..." and lose lucidity or wake up. So please, don't plan anything

3. No binaural beats with the words "Lucid dreaming" in the title: Binuaural beats are all well and good and can help with lots of things. So I won't condemn all of them but stay away from the ones that help with lucid dreaming. They just MIGHT work. And that is not what you want...right?

4.Don't look at others dream journals: Stay the hell away from any lucid dreaming book or from peoples dream journals. Simply reading someones dream journal may get you in that right state of mind to get a lucid.

5.Don't join any DVA classes: Dedicated people on this website have even created classes for people to attend for the sole purpose of achieving lucidity or expanding conscious awareness. These classes are extremely dangerous. If you see one, stay calm, press the back arrow and just forget you ever noticed it. These people want you to have lucid dreams, they are evil and must be avoided at all cost.

6. Don't keep a dream journal: If you have your dreams recorded in any shape or form, be it written,typed, audio, etc. Then throw it in the trash and never think about it again. Doing this will make your recall gradually go down to the point where you remember just about none of your dream activities. Or if you are thinking about making a dream journal then calmly push that thought out from your mind.

7.Don't meditate: Meditation can help increase your awareness throughout the day. This waking awareness can and WILL start to become prevalent into your dream state. This is not good at all! You must not realize you are dreaming, which means that if you are the type of person that meditates and pays attention to everything then stop that bad habit of yours NOW and think useless thoughts!

8.Get off dreamviews: The fact that you are reading this means you are on dreamviews. I want you to click on that little red X on the top right of the screen and never return here again. dreamviews has a lot of dangerous knowledge. A lot of tips that can help you achieve lucidity, not only that but there are people that will answer all of your lucid dreaming questions! How dare they help you achieve lucidity! I know I have helped a couple and I have seen the errors of my ways. I am sorry for doing this to you guys....

PS. Today is opposite day...

LD Count
      Dunno
      Michigan
      I would "like" if I could. Nice!

"You Can't, You Won't And You Don't Stop"
      Lucid Goals: [Ask a DC: "Am I dreaming?"] [Ask a DC: "What are you?"]

LD Count
      111 +
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboyDave View Post
      I would "like" if I could. Nice!
      Why can't you "like"?
      My LDing record, if you want to hear about it, is about 4 WILDs, 1 DEILD, and the rest DILDs.

My Stunt Double Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      30+
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Bobblehat View Post
      Why can't you "like"?
      The "like" button isn't there. I think DV is undergoing some changes.

LD Count
      New Jersey
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Carrot View Post
      The "like" button isn't there. I think DV is undergoing some changes.
      DV is undergoing a DoS attack, I'm surprised that the site is up at all.

Waterbender Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      LD Count
      Not enough
      Ba Sing Se
      DJ Entries
      DANG! Just when I read a reeeaally like-worthy post!

** Like x 9000 **

:bravo: you daredevil pawn you.
      Daredevilpwn likes this.

Maybe it's a dream and if I scream, it will burst at the seams.

sigpic by kraom

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      0 since my last
      Tranquility
      DJ Entries
      Excellent laughed my ass off. If only people really needed a guide to stop having lucid dreams
      Daredevilpwn likes this.

LD Count
      Lost Count
      Muharraq,Bahrain
      You heard it guys, get the heck of Dream Views.
      Daredevilpwn likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      MD
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by dutchraptor View Post
      Excellent laughed my ass off. If only people really needed a guide to stop having lucid dreams
      If someone needs a guide on how to not have lucid dreams then I will be very envious of them.
      dutchraptor likes this.

Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      LD Count
      Not enough
      Ba Sing Se
      DJ Entries
      Woot, the like button is up! Yep, I came back just to click it. Haha
      Daredevilpwn likes this.

sigpic by kraom

Lucid Dreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      United States
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Daredevilpwn View Post
      If someone needs a guide on how to not have lucid dreams then I will be very envious of them.
      Believe it or not I've seen that... not sure if they were serious though.
      dutchraptor likes this.
      Lucid Dreaming since 3/30/10

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class Referrer Gold
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      I do all these things.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal
      DJ Entries
      9. Don't do a WBTB: Forget about getting up after 6 hours of sleep. Ignore doing a reality check upon awakening as you really should accept a false awakening as a fact of life.
      So ignore the urge to get up and stay up for about 10 to 45 minutes for a WBTB. If you must, just call it a 5 minute toilet break.
      If you feel hungry then UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES attempt to raid the fridge and consume large quantities of Apple Juice, Bananas, B6 tablets, or any other supplement known to enhance vivid dreams as this might cause lucid side-effects.
      You must resist the urge to get up. Do the 'roll' manoeuvre and fall back to sleep quickly instead.

10. Don't have an early night: Go to bed really late. Get really stressed out a few hours before and take all of your day's problems to bed with you.
      Never relax, or focus any attention on your breathing. Pay attention to your body AT ALL TIMES. Purposly move (and make a big deal of it) when you have an itch.

(P.S: For the 'addicted' - Never do an RC check when there is no 'like' button present.)

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      MD
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by UToo View Post
      9. Don't do a WBTB: Forget about getting up after 6 hours of sleep. Ignore doing a reality check upon awakening as you really should accept a false awakening as a fact of life.
      So ignore the urge to get up and stay up for about 10 to 45 minutes for a WBTB. If you must, just call it a 5 minute toilet break.
      If you feel hungry then UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES attempt to raid the fridge and consume large quantities of Apple Juice, Bananas, B6 tablets, or any other supplement known to enhance vivid dreams as this might cause lucid side-effects.
      You must resist the urge to get up. Do the 'roll' manoeuvre and fall back to sleep quickly instead.

10. Don't have an early night: Go to bed really late. Get really stressed out a few hours before and take all of your day's problems to bed with you.
      Never relax, or focus any attention on your breathing. Pay attention to your body AT ALL TIMES. Purposly move (and make a big deal of it) when you have an itch.

(P.S: For the 'addicted' - Never do an RC check when there is no 'like' button present.)
      Lol nice! If anyone has more ideas on how to lower our chances of getting lucid then feel free to add
      UToo likes this.

The i's are invisible. Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Silver
      LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      I've been following this list to a T these past few weeks and I'm still plagued with lucid dreaming! D=

What do?!

Perhaps drinking myself into a coma would help?

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class Referrer Gold
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      Lol nice! If anyone has more ideas on how to lower our chances of getting lucid then feel free to add
      Do not read Exploring the World of Lucid Dreams by Stephen Laberge, or any of his books for that matter. They will induce lucid dreams normally before you are finished reading.

The i's are invisible. Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Silver
      LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by BrandonBoss View Post
      Do not read Exploring the World of Lucid Dreams by Stephen Laberge, or any of his books for that matter. They will induce lucid dreams normally before you are finished reading.
      I've even done this.

Guys. Seriously.

How do I stop?

LD Count
      Lost Count
      Muharraq,Bahrain
      Quote Originally Posted by Mzzkc View Post
      I've even done this.

Guys. Seriously.

How do I stop?

I think I'm getting a hang of this.

LD Count
      Not enough
      Ba Sing Se
      DJ Entries
      12. Sever all friendships with people you know in real life who are into lucid dreaming or dreaming in general. There is a very high possibility that they will randomly tell you about their dream the previous night, or their desire to get lucid. This could cause an unwanted subconscious response, and give you spontaneous lucids.
      Daredevilpwn likes this.

sigpic by kraom

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      MD
      DJ Entries
      13.Do not be brave or hold in your excitement during transition: If you somehow make it to the transitional stage and start feeling vibrations, or experience hypnagogic hallucinations then then get scared and freak out. This will help end the transition. Similarly if you feel excitement then don't hold it in, let the excitement over come you. If you do this correctly then the transitioning will stop immedietly and you will stay in waking life.