• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 32
    Like Tree11Likes

    Thread: Why is there so many dream negativity posts?

    1. #1
      queen Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      arad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      LD Count
      5
      Gender
      Posts
      19
      Likes
      4

      Why is there so many dream negativity posts?

      Looking through the forums I find so many threads about nightmares, bad experiences, and a lot of other dark themes. I get dreaming isn’t always light and happy, but even in the lucid specific forums there’s so many ‘dark’ threads. Where are all of the positive stories lol

    2. #2
      Dreaming Bunnies Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class
      lucidbunnie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      LD Count
      Numerous
      Gender
      Location
      Multiple Realities
      Posts
      310
      Likes
      413
      DJ Entries
      7
      Most of my dreams are pleasant, half of them are sort of surreal, rest are mix of everything. I have very few nightmares. I'm probably among the few that never had scary sleep paralysis experiences. I'd probably go crazy (more than usual) if most of my dreams were unpleasant.

      I'm also one of those who started a "dark" tread, specifically "dark experiments". I was asking others if they have on purposely incubated unpleasant experiences. I learned that most don't. XD

    3. #3
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class
      cwcamp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      LD Count
      433
      Gender
      Location
      South Carolina
      Posts
      47
      Likes
      23
      DJ Entries
      34
      because most of our lives are bombarded on all sides with negative input. For example if you can stand it, watch the nightly "news", or the nightly bad news as I call it. Also depending on what school of thought you prescribe to, when you dream you tap into the ALL, everyone's feelings and emotions. Ever get the feeling you were dreaming someone else's memory? Ever speak a foreign language in a dream? Ever see future events before they happen? When you dream, you are plugged into "It"...whatever "it" is. And right now we live in a culture of negative, only 1 in a 1000 have actually raised their vibration enough to not dream negative, and that number is a guess..there is no real way to measure that, but its rare.

      If you notice me while you're dreaming, don't be a stranger...say when!

    4. #4
      high mileage oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Sageous's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      LD Count
      35+ Yrs' Worth
      Gender
      Location
      any quiet place
      Posts
      4,884
      Likes
      6853
      I can think of three reasons, Arad, for the popularity of negativity:

      The first is that more people tend to want help with their negative dreams or related experiences than the positive ones, so more threads will be started listing questions about how to deal with them. By the same token, curing frequent nightmares is a great use for lucidity, so a site focused on LD'ing will tend to have lots of threads on the subject of lucidly resolving nightmares. ... but that is by far the lesser reason:

      The second, and I believe far more prevalent reason, is that scary is fun. It's a whole lot more exciting -- and easy -- to talk about things like nightmares, the SP myth, demons, battles, dream walkers, dream police, etc., etc., than it is to talk about pleasant dream experiences. The dark imagery of our dreams seem, on paper, a lot more nakedly impressive than etherically fluffy things like joy or personal enrichment. I think a lot of new dreamers are drawn to the real potential for excitement that dreams hold, and want to discuss -- and read about -- the scary stuff because it brings that excitement closer to them. Also, it can be very difficult to describe the pleasant, joyful, peaceful, transcendent, etc. experiences that happen regularly in our dreams, mostly because they tend to be very personal, or simply don't translate into words the way a powerful nightmare can; so we don't see as much of that stuff talked about here.

      The third reason comes from the second reason: because there is so much scary talk out there, LD'ing novices may have been lead to believe, incorrectly, that a big part of their LD'ing journey will be negative; and so they start threads about how to deal with the things they've read "will" happen to them. It's a bit of a vicious cycle, and one that winds up with the balance shifting heavily toward "scary," rather than toward the pleasant and genuinely positive experiences that dreaming can provide.

      And that negativity isn't just in our neighborhood: I remember reading a long article about dreams in the NY Times years ago in which they quoted experts saying that most dreams are negative in nature... which is true for the experts, because people with positive dreams don't go to them for help, so the experts only tend to hear negative examples of dreaming (and thus assume that most dreams must be negative). Now that I think about it, I would imagine that most of the time dreams are discussed at all is when someone is remembering or sharing a nightmare or disturbing imagery; we may be much more likely to remember and share high-drama or scary experiences than we are pleasant experiences, fun or not.

      The bottom line here, I guess, is that negativity is part of the formula for the overall discussion of dreams, and, because the negative stuff is more interesting (or just plain fun), it tends to get a larger stage that the positive stuff.
      Last edited by Sageous; 06-20-2018 at 05:49 PM.

    5. #5
      queen Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      arad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      LD Count
      5
      Gender
      Posts
      19
      Likes
      4
      I definitely see where you guys are coming from. Now that I think about it most of the time people discuss their dreams in conversation it’s usually about a nightmare they had. I guess the bad stuff just sticks more. I still wish I could see more fun, positive dream posts though lol

    6. #6
      Banned Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 6 months registered

      Join Date
      Jun 2018
      LD Count
      infinity
      Gender
      Location
      New Mexico
      Posts
      135
      Likes
      156
      DJ Entries
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by Sageous View Post
      I can think of three reasons, Arad, for the popularity of negativity:

      The first is that more people tend to want help with their negative dreams or related experiences than the positive ones, so more threads will be started listing questions about how to deal with them. By the same token, curing frequent nightmares is a great use for lucidity, so a site focused on LD'ing will tend to have lots of threads on the subject of lucidly resolving nightmares. ... but that is by far the lesser reason:

      The second, and I believe far more prevalent reason, is that scary is fun. It's a whole lot more exciting -- and easy -- to talk about things like nightmares, the SP myth, demons, battles, dream walkers, dream police, etc., etc., than it is to talk about pleasant dream experiences. The dark imagery of our dreams seem, on paper, a lot more nakedly impressive than etherically fluffy things like joy or personal enrichment. I think a lot of new dreamers are drawn to the real potential for excitement that dreams hold, and want to discuss -- and read about -- the scary stuff because it brings that excitement closer to them. Also, it can be very difficult to describe the pleasant, joyful, peaceful, transcendent, etc. experiences that happen regularly in our dreams, mostly because they tend to be very personal, or simply don't translate into words the way a powerful nightmare can; so we don't see as much of that stuff talked about here.

      The third reason comes from the second reason: because there is so much scary talk out there, LD'ing novices may have been lead to believe, incorrectly, that a big part of their LD'ing journey will be negative; and so they start threads about how to deal with the things they've read "will" happen to them. It's a bit of a vicious cycle, and one that winds up with the balance shifting heavily toward "scary," rather than toward the pleasant and genuinely positive experiences that dreaming can provide.

      And that negativity isn't just in our neighborhood: I remember reading a long article about dreams in the NY Times years ago in which they quoted experts saying that most dreams are negative in nature... which is true for the experts, because people with positive dreams don't go to them for help, so the experts only tend to hear negative examples of dreaming (and thus assume that most dreams must be negative). Now that I think about it, I would imagine that most of the time dreams are discussed at all is when someone is remembering or sharing a nightmare or disturbing imagery; we may be much more likely to remember and share high-drama or scary experiences than we are pleasant experiences, fun or not.

      The bottom line here, I guess, is that negativity is part of the formula for the overall discussion of dreams, and, because the negative stuff is more interesting (or just plain fun), it tends to get a larger stage that the positive stuff.
      Are you nuts. Talking about nightmares is not an easy job, every time I try to write down a nightmare, I relive all the bad feelings once again. This is not a fun roller coaster, believe me on this. That is why I'm holding myself to post my nightmares here. If I were to write all the nightmares I have, I will write some "heavy" book. My imagination is very developed, so some of my dreams can make you go crazy overnight. Especially the semi-lucid one's or the Dark FAs. Of course I have my share of bad SP as well. As to why...... This world is not a nice place for everyone!

    7. #7
      high mileage oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Sageous's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      LD Count
      35+ Yrs' Worth
      Gender
      Location
      any quiet place
      Posts
      4,884
      Likes
      6853
      ^^ Nope, I'm not nuts -- as far as I know.

      I'm pretty sure that most of the discussion of nightmares is about having them, and not a listing or discussion of the nightmares themselves... I think there might be lots of people who are discussing nightmares and what to do about them who, like you, never want to revisit them by writing them down again; just as there are lots of people who rarely or never have nightmares but may feel that talking about them, and even imagining having them lucidly*, is exciting.

      I never said that having the nightmares was a fun roller-coaster; I said that talking about them was "scary" fun. By saying that scary is fun, what I meant was that it seems to me that there is much more interest in talking about the scary stuff than there is in talking about pleasant stuff. I could be wrong, but, given the wealth of threads on these forums with topics like "Help me stop my nightmares," "How to incubate nightmares," "Lucid nightmares," "SP scares me," "There are demons in my dreams," etc., I think think my opinion might be well supported.

      I hope you might reread my post while keeping in mind the fact that I wasn't calling the nightmares themselves fun, and maybe you'll better understand what I had to say.

      Also, this was not my point may be but worth considering: Though your experience and perspective are certainly valid, keep in mind that yours is not the only sort of experience or perspective of nightmares that drive these forums. There are a few people out there who do indeed draw excitement from their nightmares, and there are more than a few people who think their dreaming lives will be more exciting -- more fun -- if they could have a nightmare now and then.



      * As an aside, I believe that lucid nightmares are impossible, because the driving force behind a nightmare is that the dreamer believes they are real, and by definition a lucid dreamer knows they are not real -- but, per my point, creating nightmares in LD's is a fairly popular pursuit -- just like going to scary movies is very popular.
      Last edited by Sageous; 06-27-2018 at 06:20 PM.

    8. #8
      Banned Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 6 months registered

      Join Date
      Jun 2018
      LD Count
      infinity
      Gender
      Location
      New Mexico
      Posts
      135
      Likes
      156
      DJ Entries
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by Sageous View Post
      ^^ Nope, I'm not nuts -- as far as I know.

      I'm pretty sure that most of the discussion of nightmares is about having them, and not a listing or discussion of the nightmares themselves... I think there might be lots of people who are discussing nightmares and what to do about them who, like you, never want to revisit them by writing them down again; just as there are lots of people who rarely or never have nightmares but may feel that talking about them, and even imagining having them lucidly*, is exciting.

      I never said that having the nightmares was a fun roller-coaster; I said that talking about them was "scary" fun. By saying that scary is fun, what I meant was that it seems to me that there is much more interest in talking about the scary stuff than there is in talking about pleasant stuff. I could be wrong, but, given the wealth of threads on these forums with topics like "Help me stop my nightmares," "How to incubate nightmares," "Lucid nightmares," "SP scares me," "There are demons in my dreams," etc., I think think my opinion might be well supported.

      I hope you might reread my post while keeping in mind the fact that I wasn't calling the nightmares themselves fun, and maybe you'll better understand what I had to say.

      Also, this was not my point may be but worth considering: Though your experience and perspective are certainly valid, keep in mind that yours is not the only sort of experience or perspective of nightmares that drive these forums. There are a few people out there who do indeed draw excitement from their nightmares, and there are more than a few people who think their dreaming lives will be more exciting -- more fun -- if they could have a nightmare now and then.



      * As an aside, I believe that lucid nightmares are impossible, because the driving force behind a nightmare is that the dreamer believes they are real, and by definition a lucid dreamer knows they are not real -- but, per my point, creating nightmares in LD's is a fairly popular pursuit -- just like going to scary movies is very popular.
      I see that you enjoy posting long post

      As for the people you talk about, only one word come to my mind - *Masochists*.

      Nah your post is fine aside from what I had bolded.

      For your side note, you are right, but wrong.

      I had many nightmarish lucid dreams. They started as normal DILD, but I go with the scenario instead of changing it, as second type(induced from NM's), I am too busy running to be able to change it.(let's see what you gonna do if giant spider chase you around in the dark woods)

      If I try to categorize them, it will be in this order: Normal NM->vivid NM->FA NM->semi-lucid NM
      There is one dark side of Semi-Lucid and Lucid Nightmare, in normal scary dreams there are some safety measures, when you are about to die,be biten,eaten they turn on-> you wake up, also most of the time pain is off. But in any lucid form, you got eaten,die or torn apart with alot of pain(aka like real world). Sorry if I scare some of the new guys on the forum They must be warned.

    9. #9
      Ailurus fulgens Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      Occipitalred's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      470
      Likes
      610
      DJ Entries
      19
      GordonFreeman, you seem to be enjoying your dark dreams more than you let on

      The new guys on this forum don't need to be scared or warned about dream "pain".
      Sure, it exists, but in an illusory way. Similar to how you can imagine pain and make yourself cringe without actually feeling physical pain. It has little to do with lucidity. I have experienced dream "pain" on rare occasions, and it is not worth warning about, especially since the only cause of this pain is the belief that something will cause pain. Instead, the new guys should be reminded that there is no "physical body" in dreams and therefore no physical pain.
      Last edited by Occipitalred; 06-27-2018 at 09:16 PM.

    10. #10
      Banned Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 6 months registered

      Join Date
      Jun 2018
      LD Count
      infinity
      Gender
      Location
      New Mexico
      Posts
      135
      Likes
      156
      DJ Entries
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by Occipitalred View Post
      GordonFreeman, you seem to be enjoying your dark dreams more than you let on

      The new guys on this forum don't need to be scared or warned about dream "pain".
      Sure, it exists, but in an illusory way. Similar to how you can imagine pain and make yourself cringe without actually feeling physical pain. It has little to do with lucidity. I have experienced dream "pain" on rare occasions, and it is not worth warning about, especially since the only cause of this pain is the belief that something will cause pain. Instead, the new guys should be reminded that there is no "physical body" in dreams and therefore no physical pain.
      You are wrong about pain being illusory. Why, because during LD it uses the same neuro-paths in brain, like in real world. Of course you can say that both real pain and lucid pain are illusory. Damn mate, look what you have done now, by relive my LD memory pain, you cause me serious panic attack, now where I left my pills.

    11. #11
      Ailurus fulgens Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      Occipitalred's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      470
      Likes
      610
      DJ Entries
      19
      Disclaimer: I continue talking about pain.

      Well, if you are being serious, I apologize for my comment about you enjoying dark dreams. I was referring to this:

      Quote Originally Posted by GordanFreeman View Post
      let's see what you gonna do if giant spider chase you around in the dark woods
      But I misread; I thought you were letting the dream be, but rather you didn't have the focus to stop it.

      Obviously, whatever type of pain it is, it is valid; it is unpleasant at best and distressing at worst. But there are for sure different types of pains and there is a multitude of neuro-paths in the brain to process pain. And pain is influenced by other things than the nervous system, like the immune system, etc. I am not ready to admit that this statement is true or false: that dream pain uses the same neuro-pathways as physical pain. I am pretty sure they must be different, by virtue of one being expected pain and the other stimulus pain.

      The point still stands: you have no physical body in dreams, just the illusion of one (well, except the one in bed).

      Distressing pain in dreams is most likely a continuation of distressing pain in real life (physical or psychological), rather than the opposite.
      Last edited by Occipitalred; 06-27-2018 at 11:30 PM.

    12. #12
      Banned Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 6 months registered

      Join Date
      Jun 2018
      LD Count
      infinity
      Gender
      Location
      New Mexico
      Posts
      135
      Likes
      156
      DJ Entries
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by Occipitalred View Post
      Disclaimer: I continue talking about pain.

      Well, if you are being serious, I apologize for my comment about you enjoying dark dreams. I was referring to this:



      But I misread; I thought you were letting the dream be, but rather you didn't have the focus to stop it.

      Obviously, whatever type of pain it is, it is valid; it is unpleasant at best and distressing at worst. But there are for sure different types of pains and there is a multitude of neuro-paths in the brain to process pain. And pain is influenced by other things than the nervous system, like the immune system, etc. I am not ready to admit that this statement is true or false: that dream pain uses the same neuro-pathways as physical pain. I am pretty sure they must be different, by virtue of one being expected pain and the other stimulus pain.

      The point still stands: you have no physical body in dreams, just the illusion of one (well, except the one in bed).

      Distressing pain in dreams is most likely a continuation of distressing pain in real life (physical or psychological), rather than the opposite.
      If you are referring to the emoticon, google "nervous laughter" and you will know what I mean. Yep while being chased by something I can't muster enough focus to change the dream, because every time is very dry situation. Thank god, I found my pills.

      Not dream pain, but lucid pain instead.

      Short example of lucid dream gone ugly.
      I'm with my mother in store house to look at some inheritance from distant relative. Then our relatives show up demanding all of it for them. In that moment I get lucid, because I didn't recognize them. I didn't change the scenario and said to my dream mother to look in the other rooms as well. We started walking around and found old elevator. Our relatives came with us and we ended in some underground four floor Mall from late 80 years. We all split in diferent directions. We(My mom and me) took left corridor. It was full of stores with old stuff inside them and everything was covered in dust(this LD was very detailed). Most of the lamps didn't work and some were flickering. I saw blood trails on ground leading to nearby room and terrible smell of rotten blood. I turn around to say to my mom to go back, but she was gone. I was alone in the dark. The door was opened, the room was covered in blood and there was a part of limb on the floor. I freeze, while seeing an arm getting the limb inside the room and shut the door before my eyes. I got freak it out and start running in oposite direction, thank god the dream fall apart.

    13. #13
      Ailurus fulgens Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      Occipitalred's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      470
      Likes
      610
      DJ Entries
      19
      Yeah, that's a dark dream.

      But now I am confused. Did I misinterpret what you were talking about... Dream pain, vs lucid pain. There is no distinction in my mind. Lucid dreams as people talk about them are just dreams with some heightened qualities such as (knowledge of dream state, access to memory, self-awareness, sensual awareness, control, etc...) but they are fundamentally the same.

      Your dream is dark but there wasn't pain. Fear, yes.

      Here is an example of pain for me in a non-lucid:
      - I am staring at my hand. There is a quick red flash and a slash to one finger. I feel a quick sharp pain. This happens again and again for each finger and then the whole hand. An uncomfortable dream, but nothing to worry about.

      Some of my lucid dream examples of pain:
      - I am on a dock at night and want to fly to a ship already out at sea. I decide to try a new technique for flying. I think, if I drop back, since there is no floor, I will just feel as if I am floating and can fly from there. I do that, but instead, I hit a cement floor and feel the sharp unpleasant impact at the back of my head. Again, unpleasant, but nothing to worry about.

      Even in scary/distressing/stressful dreams, it's all fine. If you don't have physical or psychological pain, dreams will not be the source of pain and distress. Unless we dramatize our narrative. I think it's healthier to set up an attitude that we are safe, if we have the luxury of being safe (especially dreaming, which is the safest thing you can do).
      Last edited by Occipitalred; 06-28-2018 at 02:40 PM.

    14. #14
      Banned Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 6 months registered

      Join Date
      Jun 2018
      LD Count
      infinity
      Gender
      Location
      New Mexico
      Posts
      135
      Likes
      156
      DJ Entries
      5
      Sorry that I didn't specify, but that example was targeted at Sageous. I will try to answer you tomorrow for the rest.

    15. #15
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      Hukif's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      LD Count
      6584
      Gender
      Location
      México
      Posts
      4,123
      Likes
      1148
      DJ Entries
      94
      So am I the only one who sees being eaten in a dream as fun when it includes real-life sensations? Just me? Alright.

      I do agree with what's been said already though. People tend to talk waaay more about what they don't want or want to stop than things they desire, hence why "negative" themes pop up far more often than positive ones.
      Sageous likes this.
      Creating a new persistent realm, claiming it and breaking the last seal I made back in the beggining of my journey are my goals right now

    16. #16
      Dreaming Bunnies Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class
      lucidbunnie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      LD Count
      Numerous
      Gender
      Location
      Multiple Realities
      Posts
      310
      Likes
      413
      DJ Entries
      7
      I have experienced very realistic pain in both lucid and non-lucid dreams. Pain sensation is not exclusive to lucids. However, in lucids I can suppress the pain most of the time if I have advance knowledge of any pain inducing elements.

      Quote Originally Posted by Hukif View Post
      So am I the only one who sees being eaten in a dream as fun when it includes real-life sensations? Just me? Alright.
      Probably, but I'm sure there are more people. XD

    17. #17
      Ailurus fulgens Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      Occipitalred's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      470
      Likes
      610
      DJ Entries
      19
      Quote Originally Posted by Hukif View Post
      So am I the only one who sees being eaten in a dream as fun when it includes real-life sensations? Just me? Alright.
      You probably mean, with dream-like sensations.

      Quote Originally Posted by Hukif View Post
      I do agree with what's been said already though. People tend to talk waaay more about what they don't want or want to stop than things they desire, hence why "negative" themes pop up far more often than positive ones.
      To balance things out, let me report my nightly goals that I have been setting for myself recently.
      - Access to memory.
      - I welcome in benevolent spirits and God. I'm interested welcoming more mystical experiences but in this case, I am leaving the masochist path behind. I'd rather give myself good experiences than bad ones.
      - I want to meet some old wise characters. I find my dreams are filled with children. They are healthy now, whereas they were hurt before. So, my work with them has progressed well, but their presence shows my hesitation to grow up. I want to summon my mature, old wise self in dreams, as I mature and become an adult, free and powerful to take on responsibility.

      All good things.

    18. #18
      Banned Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 6 months registered

      Join Date
      Jun 2018
      LD Count
      infinity
      Gender
      Location
      New Mexico
      Posts
      135
      Likes
      156
      DJ Entries
      5
      While I am reading your replys, I tend to belive that everyone are looking from their own viewpoint(me included) and starting to think that this is little out of our league. What I'm saying is that, this territory is totaly uncharted. We are like lucid(instead of space) astronauts, exploring the deep space called Lucid Dreaming. So the truthness is somewhere in the middle.

      Of course everything I post here were things from my long forgoten past. It seems one more person noticed that I'm mixing too much of LD with Reality, ehh it wasn't really a person. So I don't want to post more nightmerish stuff, but maybe something a little more positive.(because thinking about my past NM of any kind give me serious distress, for which I think, I don't have enough pills)

      Four months ago I had a LD induced from FA.
      I wake up in living room and immediately gained awarness.(I live in apartment) Everything around was darkish, the lamps doesn't glow enough and the walls were covered in some dark substance like tentacles(or veins), they were like alive, they had a heartbeat(pulsating). I went in the corridor, everything was covered in that stuff, the lamps were flickering. I thought to get out from front door, but behind the door there was a strange noise, so I looked through the spyhole. On the other side of the door there was a black fat monster with big mouth and many teeths, which from time to time was burping with sulphur smell. So I went to my room, the walls were covered also, I thought that I can fly out of windows,but they were covered also, from what I saw through them all the city were covered in that shit. The sun was there, but was a full sun eclipse. In that moment the entire floor started to cover with dark spiders and snakes stuff. I jump on top of my bed. I thought that I can't escape from that, so I just sit on the bed, the dark things were crawling towards me in that moment the lamps gone all dark.

      Suddenly a person appeared on the bed beside me, he was carrying a little flashlight. He looked at me and say "What are you doing, why are you so afraid, everything in here is an illusion. Everything here is part of yourself, look carefully now". He close his eyes and the next moment his little flashlight lit like a big projector. I asked him how did you do it. He said "You must concentrate, use your inner light", "ok I will give it a try". I closed my eyes and focused on light, the next moment the room exploded in very bright light, all blackness started to burn and disapeared. Outside was a bright day, all the darkness was gone "See you can do it, if you just try and remember this is your inner world, your will is everything". I turned towards him and said "perhaps, you are Me". He smiled and vanish. In that moment the dream fall apart and I woke up in my bed.

      Everything changed afterwards.
      Last edited by GordanFreeman; 06-28-2018 at 03:47 PM.

    19. #19
      Ailurus fulgens Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      Occipitalred's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      470
      Likes
      610
      DJ Entries
      19
      What a beautiful dream
      GordanFreeman likes this.

    20. #20
      On temporary hiatus


      Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze 3 years registered Huge Dream Journal Created Dream Journal
      Lang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      1,594
      Likes
      1463
      DJ Entries
      1044
      Some of my negative dreams are about real life issues that need more attention than the fluff.
      Occipitalred likes this.

    21. #21
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      Hukif's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      LD Count
      6584
      Gender
      Location
      México
      Posts
      4,123
      Likes
      1148
      DJ Entries
      94
      Quote Originally Posted by lucidbunnie View Post
      I have experienced very realistic pain in both lucid and non-lucid dreams. Pain sensation is not exclusive to lucids. However, in lucids I can suppress the pain most of the time if I have advance knowledge of any pain inducing elements.

      Probably, but I'm sure there are more people. XD
      lol I know! I do like the real-life sensations however, since they make the dream more memorable to me, makes it like another reality I am living in.

      Quote Originally Posted by Occipitalred View Post
      You probably mean, with dream-like sensations.

      To balance things out, let me report my nightly goals that I have been setting for myself recently.
      - Access to memory.
      - I welcome in benevolent spirits and God. I'm interested welcoming more mystical experiences but in this case, I am leaving the masochist path behind. I'd rather give myself good experiences than bad ones.
      - I want to meet some old wise characters. I find my dreams are filled with children. They are healthy now, whereas they were hurt before. So, my work with them has progressed well, but their presence shows my hesitation to grow up. I want to summon my mature, old wise self in dreams, as I mature and become an adult, free and powerful to take on responsibility.

      All good things.
      I guess that comes with perspective?
      To me, what people refer to negative things is the positive ones.
      For example, I remember a pretty nice dream where I literally fed a starving dog trapped in a yakuza's base my arm, I could feel while he was munching on my flesh and bones and all the pain that comes with it, but it felt pretty good and made me happy enough to endure it, since the little boy was hungry.

      Dreams are just so diverse and beatiful overall, I like them so much ^^
      Creating a new persistent realm, claiming it and breaking the last seal I made back in the beggining of my journey are my goals right now

    22. #22
      Banned Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 6 months registered

      Join Date
      Jun 2018
      LD Count
      infinity
      Gender
      Location
      New Mexico
      Posts
      135
      Likes
      156
      DJ Entries
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by Occipitalred View Post
      What a beautiful dream
      I appreciate your sarcasm

    23. #23
      Ailurus fulgens Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      Occipitalred's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      470
      Likes
      610
      DJ Entries
      19
      Quote Originally Posted by Hukif View Post
      lol I know! I do like the real-life sensations however, since they make the dream more memorable to me, makes it like another reality I am living in.



      I guess that comes with perspective?
      To me, what people refer to negative things is the positive ones.
      For example, I remember a pretty nice dream where I literally fed a starving dog trapped in a yakuza's base my arm, I could feel while he was munching on my flesh and bones and all the pain that comes with it, but it felt pretty good and made me happy enough to endure it, since the little boy was hungry.

      Dreams are just so diverse and beatiful overall, I like them so much ^^
      I feel I would also have appreciated that dream. But I think the pain you felt was probably not as excruciating as if your physical body was being gnawed on by a dog. The pains I described earlier in my example dreams felt very accurate, and I perceived them as intense, but I think that objectively, they are very mild types of pain. Just discomfort, not that much pain.

      Quote Originally Posted by GordanFreeman View Post
      I appreciate your sarcasm
      No really, that dream made me feel nice. I like it. Your dream characters are very smart. Never got such clear guidance from mine

    24. #24
      Dreaming Bunnies Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class
      lucidbunnie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      LD Count
      Numerous
      Gender
      Location
      Multiple Realities
      Posts
      310
      Likes
      413
      DJ Entries
      7
      I don't know about you guys, but i have experienced pain so intense in dreams I have gone into shock in waking. I had to be taken to hospital few times. ^^'

    25. #25
      Ailurus fulgens Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      Occipitalred's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      470
      Likes
      610
      DJ Entries
      19
      But Lucidbunnie, you must have some physical or psychological pains then, for dreams to have that effect, no?

      I have some psychological pains, and the worst I've had is wake up screaming either out of fear or pain but it's not that bad; I even forget about it quite quickly.

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:50 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •