• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 25 of 25
    Like Tree6Likes
    • 1 Post By Saizaphod
    • 2 Post By sefalik
    • 1 Post By sefalik
    • 1 Post By Athylus
    • 1 Post By Missqu

    Thread: Do you belive in ghosts?

    1. #1
      This is a dream Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      DreamyBear's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      LD Count
      ?
      Gender
      Location
      In my mind
      Posts
      587
      Likes
      414

      Do you belive in ghosts?

      I think there are waaaaaaay to few ghosts-discussions going one out there in the world. So here we go!
      Do you belive in ghosts or maybe not? Please motivate your answer with why you do/dont belive in ghost

      I actually belive in ghosts even if I never seen any myself. But I had this tought that why do we even live and have a conscious to feel different things if we just are going to disapear after all struggle in life? I mean, the whole world seems so perfect in how it all works together. And the body itself does all it can to make us feel good and protect us.

      However I have read books and seen interviews, watcht tv-shows and tryed to figured out if life after death really do exist. It's hard to know because all the fake stuff out there on youtube and so on. But when you watch an person talking about their experience about how clearly they seen a ghost or felt it's presence. You can very often get the feeling if it is genuine or not.

      But here is the thing why I do belive in this. One thing people always say no matter what program or story you look at, is that they feel gosebumps on their skins and that the energy that they feel as the ghost is always icecold. darkpresence is a common thing to, like a shadowfigure. Animals like dogs seems to react in encounter with ghosts.

      Well im open for discussion on this, I am only a beliver of this aslong as the "proofs" seems more likely to be near the truth, so I dont try to claim that there must be something like ghosts, just that it might be.

    2. #2
      Stay lucid Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Veteran First Class
      Saizaphod's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      LD Count
      527+
      Gender
      Posts
      1,034
      Likes
      1175
      DJ Entries
      24
      Quote Originally Posted by DreamyBear View Post
      I actually belive in ghosts even if I never seen any myself. But I had this tought that why do we even live and have a conscious to feel different things if we just are going to disapear after all struggle in life? I mean, the whole world seems so perfect in how it all works together. And the body itself does all it can to make us feel good and protect us.
      Im willing to believe anything from flying cows to ghost , because when you really start thinking about how do you even EXIST so why could they not?
      Maybe not in our "dimension" or in our "reality" but somewhere in the universe im almost SURE there is something we would consider impossible, because they deny our LAWS OF PHYSICS.
      DreamyBear likes this.

    3. #3
      Living Dead Girl DeadDollKitty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      650
      Likes
      50
      DJ Entries
      5
      I believe in ghosts, or energies, whatever you may call it. I saw my ex best friends grandfather at her house when I was very young and I did not know he had passed away. Also since I was born I have had dreams of shadow people and called them such but didn't know there were actually such things as shadow people up until last year. Recently though they've started coming out of my dreams and I actually saw one sitting on my couch. Yikes! They're terrifying. My little cousin has shadow people and dead people follow her around, and shes 11 years old and doesn't like to talk about it but it may have something to do with certain people in my family. Either way, I for one believe.
      DDK3-3
      Adopted: Ska
      MyDreamJournal

    4. #4
      Member sefalik's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      632
      Likes
      1448
      Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

      There is (to my knowledge) no strong evidence of ghosts, and human perception is a horrible form of evidence. While I won't argue the possibility of ghosts, the current information we have is far from spectacular.
      Universal Mind and JoannaB like this.

    5. #5
      This is a dream Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      DreamyBear's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      LD Count
      ?
      Gender
      Location
      In my mind
      Posts
      587
      Likes
      414
      Quote Originally Posted by Mikasan527 View Post
      Im willing to believe anything from flying cows to ghost , because when you really start thinking about how do you even EXIST so why could they not?
      Maybe not in our "dimension" or in our "reality" but somewhere in the universe im almost SURE there is something we would consider impossible, because they deny our LAWS OF PHYSICS.
      I like how you think! Maybe one should ask them self whats not possible?

      If the consciousness or a mind with all it's knowledge is attached to the brain. Why cant that knowledge and consciousness be "free" or on its own when it alredy has been programed/learned. You can compare this with tv/radio/phone when someone talks in a radiostudio for example, the message goes out in the air in space all by its own, there is no wire or anything that helps that bit of information keeping together through the air and down in the radio or tv perfectly as it was programmed/said from the begining it was created. So a programmed consciousness should maybe be good on it's own if it leaves it's "studio". Well it's at least a exciting tought.

    6. #6
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by DeadDollKitty View Post
      Also since I was born I have had dreams of shadow people and called them such but didn't know there were actually such things as shadow people up until last year.
      Same here. I had dreams and sightings of them around the time I turned 3. I think the dreams were based on my imagination and my knowledge of shadows, and I think the sightings were hallucinations. However, it is crazy that so many other people have had visions of them. I never heard of them from other people until I was in my late 20's.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    7. #7
      Member sefalik's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      632
      Likes
      1448
      Quote Originally Posted by DreamyBear View Post
      I like how you think! Maybe one should ask them self whats not possible?

      If the consciousness or a mind with all it's knowledge is attached to the brain. Why cant that knowledge and consciousness be "free" or on its own when it alredy has been programed/learned. You can compare this with tv/radio/phone when someone talks in a radiostudio for example, the message goes out in the air in space all by its own, there is no wire or anything that helps that bit of information keeping together through the air and down in the radio or tv perfectly as it was programmed/said from the begining it was created. So a programmed consciousness should maybe be good on it's own if it leaves it's "studio". Well it's at least a exciting tought.


      Asking hypothetical "what if" questions--while stimulating--will get you nowhere in terms of science. Years ago, countless people were murdered because they were believed to be "witches." The evidence supporting these claims never validating a single death, yet the people at that time believed it because they were too willing to faithfully believe in things they didn't know.

      Entertaining the thought is fine! But putting faith into something simply because we can't disprove it is dangerous, especially when mass groups of people begin to agree on said believes (for a small-scale example, just look at most cults!).
      Last edited by sefalik; 03-23-2013 at 07:47 PM.

    8. #8
      This is a dream Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      DreamyBear's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      LD Count
      ?
      Gender
      Location
      In my mind
      Posts
      587
      Likes
      414
      Quote Originally Posted by sefalik View Post
      Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

      There is (to my knowledge) no strong evidence of ghosts, and human perception is a horrible form of evidence. While I won't argue the possibility of ghosts, the current information we have is far from spectacular.
      There actually is some really interesting stuff caught on film and photos that seems to come from genuine sources. But of course there are also like 90% fakestuff out there But as you said, the human perception is hard to depend ondepend on. But what about those stories where many people sees the exact same thing? That's the tricky part to

    9. #9
      Member sefalik's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      632
      Likes
      1448
      Looking at history, there are several example of many people seeing the same hoax.

      I highly recommend this book:
      The Demon-Haunted World - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      Darkmatters likes this.

    10. #10
      This is a dream Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      DreamyBear's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      LD Count
      ?
      Gender
      Location
      In my mind
      Posts
      587
      Likes
      414
      Quote Originally Posted by sefalik View Post
      Asking hypothetical "what if" questions--while stimulating--will get you nowhere in terms of science. Years ago, countless people were murdered because they were believed to be "witches." The evidence supporting these claims never validating a single death, yet the people at that time believed it because they were too willing to faithfully believe in things they didn't know.

      Entertaining the thought is fine! But putting faith into something simply because we can't disprove it is dangerous, especially when mass groups of people begin to agree on said believes (for a small-scale example, just look at most cults!).
      I hear what you saying The thing is that this is just one idea that i came up with. It's not the whole storie in why I belive in ghost. I try to look at this ghost-things with a natural perspective not judging it to what I want it to be or not to be. So to change what I belive in, I just need any idea of what else it could be that seems to maybe be the true thing.

      Quote Originally Posted by sefalik View Post
      Looking at history, there are several example of many people seeing the same hoax.

      Thnx! I will take a look on that!
      Last edited by anderj101; 03-24-2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Merged

    11. #11
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      Athylus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Location
      Holland
      Posts
      456
      Likes
      540
      DJ Entries
      7
      I'm fine with you believing in ghosts bro, that's cool. But I still started laughing when I clicked this thread because I think it's ridiculous. Every human is scared sometimes, when you wake up at night for example and the wind blows your bedroom door open. First thing you're gonna think is: Ghost!

      Point I'm trying to make is that it's actually bullshit. No ghosts. Just wind. There's always a good reason, ghosts is just something you say when you can't explain something. Like God, in my eyes.

      Each to his own.
      Darkmatters likes this.

    12. #12
      Dreamer Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      JoannaB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      LD Count
      2017:1, pre:13+
      Gender
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      3,024
      Likes
      2155
      DJ Entries
      449
      I believe in an afterlife, but no, I don't believe in ghosts. I don't see why after death we would stick around and give people goosebumps. However, I guess I am open minded enough to be willing to entertain the possibility if I hear that either science has proved that ghosts exist or I experience one myself or someone whom I trust does, then I will change my mind. For now though, I say no ghosts: I don't think we stick around here after death.
      You may say I'm a dreamer.
      But I'm not the only one
      - John Lennon

    13. #13
      Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      LD Count
      ~56
      Gender
      Posts
      90
      Likes
      47
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by JoannaB View Post
      I believe in an afterlife, but no, I don't believe in ghosts. I don't see why after death we would stick around and give people goosebumps. However, I guess I am open minded enough to be willing to entertain the possibility if I hear that either science has proved that ghosts exist or I experience one myself or someone whom I trust does, then I will change my mind. For now though, I say no ghosts: I don't think we stick around here after death.
      I am pretty much the exact opposite of you, I don't believe in the afterlife(at least in the form of heaven and hell), but I do believe in ghosts. I have seen to many things that can't be explained, sometimes with other people around to confirm. My whole life I have been fascinated with science, and I have done my best to debunk all of my experiences, multiple times i have been successful, other times I can find now way to explain what happened. As an example, I was sitting beside my dad on the couch 5 years ago watching a hockey game, we both looked up to the right corner of the room at the same time, a shimmering bright ball of light shot across the room and stopped just to left of the couch, where it turned into a spiral of something that looked like liquid mercury, it hung there for 4 or 5 seconds then collapsed onto itself. It still blows my mind.

    14. #14
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,952
      Likes
      5837
      DJ Entries
      172
      ^ You sure you weren't partially asleep while still able to see what was going on around you? It happens a lot in situations where people are sitting or laying down and doing nothing that would keep them awake for long periods of time. Microsleep I think it's called - for a moment you can dream and see it over reality while your eyes are still open - you're still hearing and seeing what's going on around you. It happens sometimes when people are driving too.

      You talked to your dad about it afterwards? (I mean not just immediately afterwards - that part could well have been part of the dream).

    15. #15
      Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      LD Count
      ~56
      Gender
      Posts
      90
      Likes
      47
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatters View Post
      ^ You sure you weren't partially asleep while still able to see what was going on around you? It happens a lot in situations where people are sitting or laying down and doing nothing that would keep them awake for long periods of time. Microsleep I think it's called - for a moment you can dream and see it over reality while your eyes are still open - you're still hearing and seeing what's going on around you. It happens sometimes when people are driving too.

      You talked to your dad about it afterwards? (I mean not just immediately afterwards - that part could well have been part of the dream).
      Unless my dad entered microsleep at the exact same second I did, and had the exact same hallucination as me, i don't know how it would be sleeping, also this was around 5 minutes into the game, so we hadn't been sitting for very long. I have talked to my dad about it multiple times while trying to find a way to explain it, when I ask him do describe what he saw, it is word for word what i described.

      So yes, I am 100% sure I was not sleeping/dreaming it. There have been more direct things, such as a stick of deodorant flying off the shelf (not falling), over my shoulder and hitting the wall 4 feet behind me, leaving a mark. everything I know about physics tells me that can't happen, and yet it did

    16. #16
      On the edge of the ban
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      LD Count
      a lot of
      Gender
      Location
      Dobrzyń nad Wisłą
      Posts
      44
      Likes
      11
      DJ Entries
      1
      Holy Bible doesn't deny existence of ghost(I'm a catholic). It depends on that what you mean by "ghost".
      Last edited by Missqu; 05-30-2013 at 08:48 PM.

    17. #17
      Dreamer Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      JoannaB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      LD Count
      2017:1, pre:13+
      Gender
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      3,024
      Likes
      2155
      DJ Entries
      449
      Quote Originally Posted by Missqu View Post
      Holy Bible doesn't deny existence of ghost(I'm a catholic). It depends on that what you mean by "ghost".
      I agree that it does not deny it, but I don't think believing in ghosts is a requirement for Christians, one can choose to believe in ghosts or not, and call oneself Christian either way.
      You may say I'm a dreamer.
      But I'm not the only one
      - John Lennon

    18. #18
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      I do not believe in, for example, EVP. I think that's a bunch of BS. However, there is no reason why it's less rational to believe in ghosts, based upon the way I view reality. I've had experience with disembodied presences but I'm not sure what's really going on and based on how interesting these interactions can be, I think it's just as foolish to presume that they're "souls" which haven't moved on yet as it is to assume they cannot exist at all. There's something going on, but I don't think we really understand what. We don't not really understand what a "soul" would be at all, or what it would be capable of without a body.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    19. #19
      Member Aural's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2012
      Gender
      Location
      California
      Posts
      11
      Likes
      3
      I've never seen a ghost so I wouldn't say I'm a believer, but I don't outright deny the possibility. When there's significant anecdotal evidence (and not just from people who've made a lifestyle out of the paranormal) then I'm inclined to be open-minded.

    20. #20
      On the edge of the ban
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      LD Count
      a lot of
      Gender
      Location
      Dobrzyń nad Wisłą
      Posts
      44
      Likes
      11
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by JoannaB View Post
      I agree that it does not deny it, but I don't think believing in ghosts is a requirement for Christians, one can choose to believe in ghosts or not, and call oneself Christian either way.
      That's why I wrote "It depends". If behind ghost is "lost souls which travel the earth looking for no one know what" Christians do not have to, but you can just tell ghost=soul and that is obvious to me they're exist.
      JoannaB likes this.

    21. #21
      Member Karloky's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Gender
      Location
      Unknown
      Posts
      249
      Likes
      116
      DJ Entries
      5
      Of course I believe in ghosts...if we can exist they can exist too.... I think that they exist for sure ...well call them how you want but one thing is certain and it's that I believe that there are for sure some other entities or spirits that exist except us, like some people said maybe not in our dimension but for sure other entities exist and that is certain

    22. #22
      gab
      USA gab is offline
      Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      gab's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      LD Count
      306 events
      Gender
      Location
      California Republic
      Posts
      9,575
      Likes
      10556
      DJ Entries
      783
      *Moved to ED from Lounge

    23. #23
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      snoop's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      LD Count
      300+
      Gender
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,712
      Likes
      1208
      Quote Originally Posted by DreamyBear View Post
      I think there are waaaaaaay to few ghosts-discussions going one out there in the world. So here we go!
      Do you belive in ghosts or maybe not? Please motivate your answer with why you do/dont belive in ghost

      I actually belive in ghosts even if I never seen any myself. But I had this tought that why do we even live and have a conscious to feel different things if we just are going to disapear after all struggle in life? I mean, the whole world seems so perfect in how it all works together. And the body itself does all it can to make us feel good and protect us.

      However I have read books and seen interviews, watcht tv-shows and tryed to figured out if life after death really do exist. It's hard to know because all the fake stuff out there on youtube and so on. But when you watch an person talking about their experience about how clearly they seen a ghost or felt it's presence. You can very often get the feeling if it is genuine or not.

      But here is the thing why I do belive in this. One thing people always say no matter what program or story you look at, is that they feel gosebumps on their skins and that the energy that they feel as the ghost is always icecold. darkpresence is a common thing to, like a shadowfigure. Animals like dogs seems to react in encounter with ghosts.

      Well im open for discussion on this, I am only a beliver of this aslong as the "proofs" seems more likely to be near the truth, so I dont try to claim that there must be something like ghosts, just that it might be.
      I present to you three questions.

      1) Why do you trust that people are not lying about what they have experienced?
      2) Why do you trust people's experiences in the sense that they are real (and not hallucinations/figments of the imagination, which is most often the case)? Or rather, why do you treat people's anecdotal evidence as something concrete?
      3) If they are real, what difference does it make?

    24. #24
      Homo sapiens sapiens Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      TimeDragon97's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      LD Count
      4 or 5
      Gender
      Location
      Rochester, NY
      Posts
      268
      Likes
      144
      DJ Entries
      44
      I honestly don't know. All I know is that I've seen some crazy-ass shit on Ghost Hunters and Stranded.
      ERROR 404: SIGNATURE NOT FOUND

    25. #25
      Member TheSilverWolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      2
      Gender
      Location
      Alaska
      Posts
      286
      Likes
      121
      DJ Entries
      18
      Quote Originally Posted by DreamyBear View Post
      I think there are waaaaaaay to few ghosts-discussions going one out there in the world. So here we go!
      Do you belive in ghosts or maybe not? Please motivate your answer with why you do/dont belive in ghost

      I actually belive in ghosts even if I never seen any myself. But I had this tought that why do we even live and have a conscious to feel different things if we just are going to disapear after all struggle in life? I mean, the whole world seems so perfect in how it all works together. And the body itself does all it can to make us feel good and protect us.

      However I have read books and seen interviews, watcht tv-shows and tryed to figured out if life after death really do exist. It's hard to know because all the fake stuff out there on youtube and so on. But when you watch an person talking about their experience about how clearly they seen a ghost or felt it's presence. You can very often get the feeling if it is genuine or not.

      But here is the thing why I do belive in this. One thing people always say no matter what program or story you look at, is that they feel gosebumps on their skins and that the energy that they feel as the ghost is always icecold. darkpresence is a common thing to, like a shadowfigure. Animals like dogs seems to react in encounter with ghosts.

      Well im open for discussion on this, I am only a beliver of this aslong as the "proofs" seems more likely to be near the truth, so I dont try to claim that there must be something like ghosts, just that it might be.
      I have seen a ghost before, as well as had paranormal events happen to me. So, yes, I firmly believe in ghosts. It's hard to deny what you've seen with your own two eyes :p
      http://www.dreamviews.com/signaturepics/sigpic64876_2.gif

      Dream Related Goals:

      have at least 1 lucid dream this month [X] | remember 1 dream every night 1 week in a row [X ] | Successful MILD this month [X] | Successful WILD this month [ ]

    Similar Threads

    1. Do you belive in psi
      By DeepSleepDreamer in forum Inner Sanctum
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 01-03-2010, 12:34 AM
    2. If u belive in LDs and OBE how do u know?
      By ushamie in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: 02-20-2008, 04:24 PM
    3. Why would you not belive in a god?
      By Jdog in forum Religion/Spirituality
      Replies: 84
      Last Post: 01-29-2008, 10:35 AM
    4. ITC - do you belive in it?
      By Black Phoenix in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 03-25-2006, 02:16 AM
    5. Do you belive?
      By Raz in forum Religion/Spirituality
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 11-21-2005, 02:34 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •