• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 13 of 13
    Like Tree15Likes
    • 5 Post By yuriythebest
    • 1 Post By Key
    • 1 Post By Hukif
    • 2 Post By Rodulf
    • 1 Post By yuriythebest
    • 3 Post By yuriythebest
    • 1 Post By Nfri
    • 1 Post By FryingMan

    Thread: Getting back to LD-ing after 10+ years

    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      yuriythebest's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      989
      Likes
      35

      Getting back to LD-ing after 10+ years

      Hi Guys! I used to be an avid member here a while back - I used to be at a point where I'd have several LD's every week, then, somehow life happened, I had to change my sleeping habits and the whole LD thing gradually faded away. Now though, it seems I finally have the opportunity to return to it. I'm leaving this post here more of as a challenge to myself so that I actually do it. It will be interesting to me how, having all that previous knowledge, what amount of time it will take for me to be able to go from 0 LD's to having multiple per week. Place your bets, and happy LD-ing!
      Lang, Hilary, JadeGreen and 2 others like this.
      TAKE DV members advice with caution! some have had zero or 1-2 LD's yet act like gurus
      TOTAL LD's (almost all DILD/MILD) =160!!
      new goals: have more LD's than Shift[X]
      10-15min LD [ X] Article: A day in the life of an LD-er
      the "Mind V.S. Body" Induction technique
      Everyman 2 LD's/ sleep schedule progress

    2. #2
      Dreamer Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      Hilary's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Zone 10b
      Posts
      2,124
      Likes
      2744
      DJ Entries
      181
      Welcome back and good luck. Hope you get lucid soon.
      Check out what's happening on Dream Views:

      Tasks of the Season: Autumn '22
      Tasks of the Year: 2022
      Read Along
      Check out my RC prompt background images
      . Build your prospective memory & critical reflective attitude.

    3. #3
      Key
      USA Key is offline
      Member Achievements:
      3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      Key's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2018
      LD Count
      A lot.
      Gender
      Posts
      10
      Likes
      7
      Welcome back! I seem to go through this every six months or so, haha. LDs never really stop for me but they get less frequent if I'm not actively practicing. It usually takes me a couple weeks of practice to get back in my groove. Hopefully it's not too long for you!
      Lang likes this.

    4. #4
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      Hukif's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      LD Count
      6584
      Gender
      Location
      México
      Posts
      4,133
      Likes
      1187
      DJ Entries
      98
      Hey! I remember you welcome back! Also, al ot of stuff has been refined and many things we used to believe kind of are myths now. Feel free check around and ask if we can help with any of hte new info lol
      Lang likes this.

    5. #5
      shaman explorer Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Created Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points
      Rodulf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Pacific Northwest
      Posts
      19
      Likes
      19
      DJ Entries
      17
      Wow, same thing for me, brother. Been away for a few years. I'm retired now and have more stable sleep patterns. Really working with Brainwave entrainment and sleep-meditation, with some success. I make my own MP3 meditation session tracks and embed entrainment.
      Lang and Voldmer like this.
      Thor and Freyr Bless All.......

      "I had a dream, last night,
      but it's gone, now.
      All I know, is that I woke up like this, again."

      Jaladin Rumi

    6. #6
      Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points 5000 Hall Points
      Lang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      Posts
      4,019
      Likes
      3295
      DJ Entries
      2778
      Welcome back!! Yeah you got this guys!!



      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year
      today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/
      With Dreaming you need to start small and work hard grow your lucid dreaming lifestyle...
      I'm not just a lucid dream, I'm a Somnonauts!!

      “It’s... your conscience. We don’t talk a lot these days.”


    7. #7
      shaman explorer Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Created Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points
      Rodulf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Pacific Northwest
      Posts
      19
      Likes
      19
      DJ Entries
      17
      Thor and Freyr Bless All.......

      "I had a dream, last night,
      but it's gone, now.
      All I know, is that I woke up like this, again."

      Jaladin Rumi

    8. #8
      Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      yuriythebest's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      989
      Likes
      35
      Hi all and thanks for the warm words of welcome!

      Quote Originally Posted by Hukif View Post
      Hey! I remember you welcome back! Also, al ot of stuff has been refined and many things we used to believe kind of are myths now. Feel free check around and ask if we can help with any of hte new info lol
      Hi Hukif! Wow, amazing that people remember me!
      In regards to stuff that is now resigned to myths, even back then I didn't believe in any of the stuff such as shared dreaming/astral projections/etc, if you mean in terms of induction, I'd agree also that most of the stuff works mostly because we think it works. Something that really struck a cord with me recently was when listening to a lucid dreaming podcast, the idea mentioned was that dream recall and just knowing the "feel" of dreams is mostly the most important thing. So far I haven't yet gotten a "full" LD, just hypnogogic/hypnopompic stuff, but my dreams are already becoming much longer and more vivid. Though if there has since been some super-effective thing discovered then I'm all ears
      Lang likes this.
      TAKE DV members advice with caution! some have had zero or 1-2 LD's yet act like gurus
      TOTAL LD's (almost all DILD/MILD) =160!!
      new goals: have more LD's than Shift[X]
      10-15min LD [ X] Article: A day in the life of an LD-er
      the "Mind V.S. Body" Induction technique
      Everyman 2 LD's/ sleep schedule progress

    9. #9
      Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points 5000 Hall Points
      Lang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      Posts
      4,019
      Likes
      3295
      DJ Entries
      2778
      Quote Originally Posted by yuriythebest View Post
      Something that really struck a cord with me recently was when listening to a lucid dreaming podcast, the idea mentioned was that dream recall and just knowing the "feel" of dreams is mostly the most important thing. So far I haven't yet gotten a "full" LD, just hypnogogic/hypnopompic stuff, but my dreams are already becoming much longer and more vivid. Though if there has since been some super-effective thing discovered then I'm all ears
      Please keep in mind that there are some people who don't feel, here or see hypnogogic/hypnopompic Hallucinations.

      Here is a thread that may help you? :
      Spoiler for Why do we experience Hypnogogic/ Hypnopompic Hallucinations.:



      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year
      today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/
      With Dreaming you need to start small and work hard grow your lucid dreaming lifestyle...
      I'm not just a lucid dream, I'm a Somnonauts!!

      “It’s... your conscience. We don’t talk a lot these days.”


    10. #10
      Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      yuriythebest's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      989
      Likes
      35
      Hi Everyone! progress report:
      So, after roughly 20 days I've had my first "real" LD, in that it wasn't a dream vaguely about lucid dreaming but me being "there" and it being vivid like real life.
      I intentionally followed the path of simply dream journaling and improving my recall - most days I'd get 1-1.5 pages worth, even though on some days I didn't recall anything I didn't let that bother me. I didn't do anything strenuous such as constant RC's.
      Initially, I did get a vibrating alarm watch but now I seem to wake up in the middle of the night even without it.
      Howitzer, FryingMan and Lang like this.
      TAKE DV members advice with caution! some have had zero or 1-2 LD's yet act like gurus
      TOTAL LD's (almost all DILD/MILD) =160!!
      new goals: have more LD's than Shift[X]
      10-15min LD [ X] Article: A day in the life of an LD-er
      the "Mind V.S. Body" Induction technique
      Everyman 2 LD's/ sleep schedule progress

    11. #11
      Lurker Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal

      Join Date
      Oct 2022
      Gender
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      4
      Likes
      3
      DJ Entries
      2
      Hi there - me too!! I joined about the same time you did and DV was my life. I recently rejoined and am hoping to regain some lucidity.

      Glad you are giving it a go.....good luck!

    12. #12
      Oneironaut Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Nfri's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      LD Count
      243
      Location
      rabbit hole
      Posts
      585
      Likes
      723
      DJ Entries
      34
      Quote Originally Posted by yuriythebest View Post
      Hi Guys! I used to be an avid member here a while back - I used to be at a point where I'd have several LD's every week, then, somehow life happened, I had to change my sleeping habits and the whole LD thing gradually faded away. Now though, it seems I finally have the opportunity to return to it. I'm leaving this post here more of as a challenge to myself so that I actually do it. It will be interesting to me how, having all that previous knowledge, what amount of time it will take for me to be able to go from 0 LD's to having multiple per week. Place your bets, and happy LD-ing!
      Welcome back!

      I just wanted to start similar thread. Long time no activity here and logged back today. Funny thing - somehow life happened. I value good old uninterupted unconscious sleep nowadays with rare spontaneous lucid dream or vivid dream. I know some say you can have balanced sleep with techniques but i think for me it is hard work of hours night dream journaling and interupted sleep with executing different techniques. Also uncouncious mind is full of traumas that can come up in dreams and sometimes you just dont want to bother. Anyway it would be fun to get back on track and start grinding lucids.
      Lang likes this.

    13. #13
      DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      FryingMan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      LD Count
      274
      Location
      The Present Moment
      Posts
      5,292
      Likes
      6686
      DJ Entries
      873
      Quote Originally Posted by Nfri View Post
      Welcome back!

      I just wanted to start similar thread. Long time no activity here and logged back today. Funny thing - somehow life happened. I value good old uninterupted unconscious sleep nowadays with rare spontaneous lucid dream or vivid dream. I know some say you can have balanced sleep with techniques but i think for me it is hard work of hours night dream journaling and interupted sleep with executing different techniques. Also uncouncious mind is full of traumas that can come up in dreams and sometimes you just dont want to bother. Anyway it would be fun to get back on track and start grinding lucids.
      Yep....never was a fan of night work. WBTB works, undeniably, but....but I just can't stand it! If there were a magic "get back to sleep in 5 minutes" pill that never failed, I'd probably do it. But I'm more scared of missing a night of sleep (and more non-lucid dreams) most of the time. WILD for me is a recipe to lose an entire half of a night of sleep. Gotta find that balance...
      Lang likes this.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

    Similar Threads

    1. Back at it after 10 years!
      By MikaelK in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: 07-20-2017, 12:14 PM
    2. Back to LD after 2 years
      By UglyCookie in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 11-20-2016, 12:06 PM
    3. Back at it after 20 years
      By IKnowKungFu in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 01-12-2014, 06:06 PM
    4. I'm back after 4 years :)
      By Hypertrophy in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 02-06-2013, 01:32 PM
    5. Back after two years
      By jjm121 in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 05-31-2008, 02:37 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •