• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 12 of 12
    Like Tree25Likes
    • 1 Post By cooldreamer
    • 2 Post By <span class='glow_FF4500'>HumbleDreamer</span>
    • 1 Post By cooldreamer
    • 3 Post By <span class='glow_FF4500'>HumbleDreamer</span>
    • 1 Post By cooldreamer
    • 1 Post By Sivason
    • 3 Post By MoonageDaydream
    • 2 Post By DarkestDarkness
    • 3 Post By MoonageDaydream
    • 2 Post By Sivason
    • 2 Post By cooldreamer
    • 4 Post By Tiktaalik

    Thread: Anyone tried Tipharot's Intention technique?

    1. #1
      Lurker
      Join Date
      Jun 2021
      Posts
      4
      Likes
      5

      Anyone tried Tipharot's Intention technique?

      I'm not allowed to post links as I'm new. On Youtube, search for Tipharot "How to Lucid Dream Without Waking Up - Intention Technique"

      Summary:

      Step 0 (optional): think about lucid dreaming all day e.g. watch videos, read articles and books etc

      Step 1: Decide to get lucid in bed

      Step 2: Ask subconscious for a lucid dream

      Step 3: Go to bed

      I'm using this technique atm and I tried it last night with no result but had vivid dreams tbh. That might be because I drank some water before going to bed, i believe I heard that causes vivid dreams?

      The reason I'm using this is because I would rather not wake up and go back to bed as it takes me a while to get back to bed.

      In addition, I tried almost every method I heard about: WILD, DEILD, MILD, WBTB, SSILD and other techniques. I only went lucid twice: once I got lucky and once where I used a reality check I read on the lucid dreaming thread on reddit. At certain times I would recall how I got at that specific time. It only happened once and I've tried to replicate it with no success.

      I stopped trying to years ago (1-2 years ago, can't remember when exactly) after failing to attain even one lucid dream, but I'm trying again. However, I would like to use new techniques as the old ones aren't helping.

      I've read many books including Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming, but that also didn't help unfortunately.
      Sivason likes this.

    2. #2
      Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points
      <span class='glow_FF4500'>HumbleDreamer</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,912
      Likes
      2377
      DJ Entries
      1790
      Just so you know, this Intention technique will not automatically make you lucid as he said in the video. There is a lot more that you need to do. This may be also a bit too vague.
      1. How are you with some of the fundamentals of lucid dream practices? Do you keep a dream Journal?
      2. What kind of RC or Reality Tests are you using?

      WILD and DILDs are not techniques. They are end results.

      Also, Welcome to the forum.
      MoonageDaydream and Sivason like this.

      GHOSTBUSTERS DAY JUNE 8th.
      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/




    3. #3
      Lurker
      Join Date
      Jun 2021
      Posts
      4
      Likes
      5
      Forgot to quote person above

      Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDreamer View Post
      Just so you know, this Intention technique will not automatically make you lucid as he said in the video. There is a lot more that you need to do. This may be also a bit too vague.
      1. How are you with some of the fundamentals of lucid dream practices? Do you keep a dream Journal?
      2. What kind of RC or Reality Tests are you using?

      WILD and DILDs are not techniques. They are end results.

      Also, Welcome to the forum.
      1. I used a dream Journal before I stopped trying to lucid dream. I'm starting it again using an app as I prefer it to writing on paper
      2. No, because Reality Checks didn't work for me, but I'm willing to try again if I can find a good. I might try this one again: "At certain times I would recall how I got at that specific time" as that actually worked but I might have gotten lucky. I'm wary of using certain RCs in public as IO might get weird looks if I get caught e.g. finger through palm
      3. "WILD and DILDs are not techniques. They are end results" Thank you for the information
      4. "Also, Welcome to the forum" Thank you! I appreciate it!
      Last edited by HumbleDreamer; 06-06-2021 at 09:28 PM. Reason: MERGE posts... Use the edit button.
      Sivason likes this.

    4. #4
      Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points
      <span class='glow_FF4500'>HumbleDreamer</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,912
      Likes
      2377
      DJ Entries
      1790
      please don't double post. If you need to add something, please use the edit button at the bottom of the post next time.

      1. When you record your dream now, do you do it every day? 1. because more data you collected the better, beyond a record of just your dreams, additionally recorded data, you can (and should) also record your: sleep times, sleep quality, distractions, level of health, techniques used, sleep environment, hormonal cycles, diet, sleeping arrangements (partner/alone, etc.), and any other relevant factors.

      Also, Before sleep, You can use your journal to note any dream goals or intentions for the coming night.
      Regularly assess your dream journal for recurring patterns, clues to any lucidity triggers (either from within the dream or external factors), and to become familiar with the nature of your dreams. These assessments are a time to categorize and update your list of dream signs, improve your familiarity with the dream world, search for recurring patterns in your sleep, assess the effectiveness of different techniques, or be creatively inspired by your dreams.

      2. Do you think you are performing a test on "auto-pilot"? It is vital that you perform each reality check with a critical mind and full lucid awareness. Act like a detective in your dream, question the dream. do not simply assume that you are awake.
      Do you put emotion behind your RC? Be especially vigilant to perform a reality check whenever a waking event closely resembles one of your dream signs. Regularity and consistency are absolutely key, you are attempting to develop a new default lifestyle behavior.

      What other RCs that you do? The finger through the palm is not always reliable.
      Last edited by HumbleDreamer; 06-06-2021 at 10:27 PM.

      GHOSTBUSTERS DAY JUNE 8th.
      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/




    5. #5
      Lurker
      Join Date
      Jun 2021
      Posts
      4
      Likes
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDreamer View Post
      please don't double post. If you need to add something, please use an edit button at the bottom of the post next time.

      1. When you record your dream now, do you do it every day? 1. because more data you collected the better, beyond a record of just your dreams, additionally recorded data, you can (and should) also record your: sleep times, sleep quality, distractions, level of health, techniques used, sleep environment, hormonal cycles, diet, sleeping arrangements (partner/alone, etc.), and any other relevant factors.

      Also, Before sleep, You can use your journal to note any dream goals or intentions for the coming night.
      Regularly assess your dream journal for recurring patterns, clues to any lucidity triggers (either from within the dream or external factors), and to become familiar with the nature of your dreams. These assessments are a time to categorize and update your list of dream signs, improve your familiarity with the dream world, search for recurring patterns in your sleep, assess the effectiveness of different techniques, or be creatively inspired by your dreams.

      2. Do you think you are performing a test on "auto-pilot"? It is vital that you perform each reality check with a critical mind and full lucid awareness. Act like a detective in your dream, question the dream. do not simply assume that you are awake.
      Do you put emotion behind your RC? Be especially vigilant to perform a reality check whenever a waking event closely resembles one of your dream signs. Regularity and consistency are absolutely key, you are attempting to develop a new default lifestyle behavior.

      What other RCs that you do? The finger through the palm is not always reliable.
      I'm sorry about that.

      1. I used to do it when I attested to get lucid.

      Thanks for the advice, I will do so from now on

      2. Yes I think so. Eventually I would get frustrated with RCs and try something else. I tried LaBerge's MILD idea: RC when I see a certain object but I would think about the object all day so it was useless unfortunately.

      I had several dream signs (I believe) but whenever I used a RC whenever I spot them in real life it didn't transfer to my dreams
      I've done these RCs:

      • Finger through palm
      • Count how many fingers I have on a hand
      • Check how I got at this place (as mentioned in first post)
      • Hold breath and see if I could still breath
      • Tried to float and see if it worked
      • Tried to see if I could spawn characters e.g when I walk through a door I would check if a certain person was there
      Last edited by cooldreamer; 06-06-2021 at 10:39 PM.
      Sivason likes this.

    6. #6
      Administrator Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze
      Sivason's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      LD Count
      2500ish
      Gender
      Location
      Idaho
      Posts
      4,493
      Likes
      5320
      DJ Entries
      395
      I think we would all agree that the intention stuff is a good starting point. Good luck!
      MoonageDaydream likes this.
      Peace Be With You. Oh, and sure, The Force too, why not.



      "Instruction in Dream Yoga"

    7. #7
      Dream Guide Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      1,080
      Likes
      1284
      DJ Entries
      73
      Quote Originally Posted by cooldreamer View Post
      I'm using this technique atm and I tried it last night with no result but had vivid dreams tbh. That might be because I drank some water before going to bed, i believe I heard that causes vivid dreams?
      The reason I'm using this is because I would rather not wake up and go back to bed as it takes me a while to get back to bed.
      I've read many books including Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming, but that also didn't help unfortunately.
      This is a shame, because WBTB is one of the powerful techniques you can try. I know that it takes a while to go back to bed, and that can be inconvenient. Unfortunately, that effort is the cost of lucid dreaming. It's rare for me to have a lucid dream without doing WBTB. Also, it's just brain chemistry. You need your brain to be in the right state to have a chance at getting lucid. It's like surfing a wave. No matter how developed your critical reflective attitude is, if your brain is too tired, you won't have a high chance of lucidity.

      Also, I'm a strong believer of using a classic physical dream journal. The act of physically writing increases your intention to remember dreams and become lucid. Then when you wake up, you can always write it digitally too, if you like. The main idea is that the more effort you are putting in = the more intention you are setting. Intention is everything. Taking short cuts, like digital apps and looking for instant techniques, don't add the same amount of energy into it.


      Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDreamer View Post
      2. Do you think you are performing a test on "auto-pilot"? It is vital that you perform each reality check with a critical mind and full lucid awareness. Act like a detective in your dream, question the dream. do not simply assume that you are awake. Do you put emotion behind your RC? Be especially vigilant to perform a reality check whenever a waking event closely resembles one of your dream signs. Regularity and consistency are absolutely key, you are attempting to develop a new default lifestyle behavior.
      Quoted for emphasis.
      Check out the Lucid Dreaming Book Club: May-June
      Have a suggestion? Book Club Suggestion Thread

    8. #8
      Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class 1 year registered Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      DarkestDarkness's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      380
      Likes
      528
      DJ Entries
      284
      Some good advice from the others here I think, especially agree from my own experience that WBTB is particularly effective, but sadly it's also not at all a convenient technique for me because of sharing a bed. It's an issue that can be worked around but the truth is, like MoonageDaydream says, I haven't put in the effort to deal with it.

      Another thing I'd like to add on the note of effort though, is to know when you are putting in too much effort too; it's not a case of "do or die" and really pushing yourself too much, in my opinion, is more likely to be counter-productive. Maybe it depends on the person. Like everything, I think a moderated or balanced approach is a good idea, but an occasional push "for victory" doesn't really hurt in fairness.

      On a different note, I rarely have lucid dreams, maybe once a year at average... Part of it is effort-related to be sure, though I do know in my case specifically it does partly relate to the "natural" quality of my sleep. It's simply poor due to my health condition, something for which I actually have medical evidence for, but I know most people don't have an opportunity or reason to have this checked. Even so, I think it's always worth analysing if there is something you can do to improve the quality of your sleep or sleeping experience in some way, regardless of wanting to have lucid dreams, because I feel it can impact dream recall significantly, which in itself is something I personally value highly.
      Sivason and MoonageDaydream like this.
      Singled out from some of my favourite quotes from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: "Risks of [Planet] flowering: considerable. But rewards of godhood: who can measure? - Usurper Judaa'Maar: Courage: to question."

    9. #9
      Dream Guide Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      1,080
      Likes
      1284
      DJ Entries
      73
      Quote Originally Posted by DarkestDarkness View Post
      Another thing I'd like to add on the note of effort though, is to know when you are putting in too much effort too; it's not a case of "do or die" and really pushing yourself too much, in my opinion, is more likely to be counter-productive. Maybe it depends on the person. Like everything, I think a moderated or balanced approach is a good idea, but an occasional push "for victory" doesn't really hurt in fairness.
      Very good point. I think the key is how the energy feels. If you are trying too hard, and the practice feels "heavy" (for lack of a better description), then I would back off and see if that helps. If you are putting a lot of effort in, and feel the joy ... the "flow" of it, then go with it. That's the mindset you really want to aim for. You want to be excited about doing a WBTB, because you could get lucid!! If you don't feel that way, I would work on motivation. Thinking of ideas that you really want to do. To the point that you're brimming with excitement before bed at just the thought of a possible lucid dream. This feeling can be cultivated with work. Also.. getting social with it helps. I recommend the tasks of the month and year as a great starting ground for building that motivation.

      What you don't want to do is practice short-cut techniques and expect them to work as well as daily effort. That's going to get you disappointed, which can spiral further if you let it.
      Check out the Lucid Dreaming Book Club: May-June
      Have a suggestion? Book Club Suggestion Thread

    10. #10
      Administrator Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze
      Sivason's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      LD Count
      2500ish
      Gender
      Location
      Idaho
      Posts
      4,493
      Likes
      5320
      DJ Entries
      395
      Quote Originally Posted by cooldreamer View Post

      The reason I'm using this is because I would rather not wake up and go back to bed as it takes me a while to get back to bed.
      This is where learning to sleep comes into the hobby. Relaxation techniques and meditation are a big part of the hobby for me. I can now actually go out to my car during an hour lunch break and get 45 minutes of good dream work/sleep done sitting somewhat upright in the front seat. I can return to sleep from WBTB in about 3 minutes. This is no accident! It is a direct result of training. I am not suggesting this needs to be your top focus, but keep it in mind.
      Peace Be With You. Oh, and sure, The Force too, why not.



      "Instruction in Dream Yoga"

    11. #11
      Lurker
      Join Date
      Jun 2021
      Posts
      4
      Likes
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by Sivason View Post
      I think we would all agree that the intention stuff is a good starting point. Good luck!
      Thank you!

      Quote Originally Posted by MoonageDaydream View Post
      This is a shame, because WBTB is one of the powerful techniques you can try. I know that it takes a while to go back to bed, and that can be inconvenient. Unfortunately, that effort is the cost of lucid dreaming. It's rare for me to have a lucid dream without doing WBTB. Also, it's just brain chemistry. You need your brain to be in the right state to have a chance at getting lucid. It's like surfing a wave. No matter how developed your critical reflective attitude is, if your brain is too tired, you won't have a high chance of lucidity.

      Also, I'm a strong believer of using a classic physical dream journal. The act of physically writing increases your intention to remember dreams and become lucid. Then when you wake up, you can always write it digitally too, if you like. The main idea is that the more effort you are putting in = the more intention you are setting. Intention is everything. Taking short cuts, like digital apps and looking for instant techniques, don't add the same amount of energy into it.




      Quoted for emphasis.
      Quote Originally Posted by MoonageDaydream View Post
      Very good point. I think the key is how the energy feels. If you are trying too hard, and the practice feels "heavy" (for lack of a better description), then I would back off and see if that helps. If you are putting a lot of effort in, and feel the joy ... the "flow" of it, then go with it. That's the mindset you really want to aim for. You want to be excited about doing a WBTB, because you could get lucid!! If you don't feel that way, I would work on motivation. Thinking of ideas that you really want to do. To the point that you're brimming with excitement before bed at just the thought of a possible lucid dream. This feeling can be cultivated with work. Also.. getting social with it helps. I recommend the tasks of the month and year as a great starting ground for building that motivation.

      What you don't want to do is practice short-cut techniques and expect them to work as well as daily effort. That's going to get you disappointed, which can spiral further if you let it.

      Thanks for the advice, I think I will do WBTB using the "drink lots of water before going to bed" method. I will use WBTB plus Tipharot's Intention technique as it seems like a good combination. I also decided to write down on paper my dreams and then transfer to app as it makes it easier to catalogue my potential dream signs.

      Quote Originally Posted by DarkestDarkness View Post
      Some good advice from the others here I think, especially agree from my own experience that WBTB is particularly effective, but sadly it's also not at all a convenient technique for me because of sharing a bed. It's an issue that can be worked around but the truth is, like MoonageDaydream says, I haven't put in the effort to deal with it.

      Another thing I'd like to add on the note of effort though, is to know when you are putting in too much effort too; it's not a case of "do or die" and really pushing yourself too much, in my opinion, is more likely to be counter-productive. Maybe it depends on the person. Like everything, I think a moderated or balanced approach is a good idea, but an occasional push "for victory" doesn't really hurt in fairness.

      On a different note, I rarely have lucid dreams, maybe once a year at average... Part of it is effort-related to be sure, though I do know in my case specifically it does partly relate to the "natural" quality of my sleep. It's simply poor due to my health condition, something for which I actually have medical evidence for, but I know most people don't have an opportunity or reason to have this checked. Even so, I think it's always worth analysing if there is something you can do to improve the quality of your sleep or sleeping experience in some way, regardless of wanting to have lucid dreams, because I feel it can impact dream recall significantly, which in itself is something I personally value highly.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sivason View Post
      This is where learning to sleep comes into the hobby. Relaxation techniques and meditation are a big part of the hobby for me. I can now actually go out to my car during an hour lunch break and get 45 minutes of good dream work/sleep done sitting somewhat upright in the front seat. I can return to sleep from WBTB in about 3 minutes. This is no accident! It is a direct result of training. I am not suggesting this needs to be your top focus, but keep it in mind.
      Thank you for the advice. I'll try to do some more research on how to improve my sleep quality.

      Thank you all for your advice and information! I appreciate it!
      DarkestDarkness and Sivason like this.

    12. #12
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 6 months registered Tagger Second Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2020
      LD Count
      76
      Gender
      Posts
      112
      Likes
      154
      DJ Entries
      7
      Intent setting can be very affective. Just donít mistake it with making a wish! If you go to sleep and say ďI want a lucid dream tonight please!Ē Then it wonít be very affective. Setting a good intent is about having a strong desire and need to do something. Make sure itís your soul purpose for the night. You want to go to sleep of course but you donít want to black out and sleep straight through to your alarm. You want to stay alert and fall asleep with a mission to be aware when you do start dreaming.

      Certainly try WBTB as others have suggested for the best results. Set your intent to wake up after 4-6 hours of sleep and then go back to sleep with your lucid intention re-set. Ive had many lucids just doing this but I would suggest keeping up with RCs and dream journalling as well. Approach RCs with a strong intention as well. Donít do them passively, want and need to do them. Make it your mission! 🙂

    Similar Threads

    1. Intention groups
      By Daniele in forum Inner Sanctum
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 07-20-2019, 10:58 AM
    2. The Power of Intention
      By SinisterDezz in forum Dream Control
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 01-13-2014, 06:26 AM
    3. Methods vs. Intention
      By DreamGeek in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 08-22-2011, 08:27 PM
    4. Intention
      By Frankie in forum Wake Initiated Lucid Dreams (WILD)
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 02-23-2011, 04:20 PM
    5. State your intention
      By someweirdsin in forum Dream Control
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 06-24-2007, 11:27 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •