• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 14 of 14
    1. #1
      Member Fredfredburger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      LD Count
      6
      Gender
      Location
      My own little world.
      Posts
      84
      Likes
      46
      DJ Entries
      11

      Possible astral projecting?

      I was in my first hour sleeping and I noticed that I couldnt move.

      I then after a few minutes of staying calm so my body could stay asleep, I decided to try to have a lucid dream.

      I felt that I had two bodies the physical one and one deep inside.

      I focused on moving the internal one and I just steped out of my body into what appeared to my the class room only without any people in it. I then Put a skull into a treasure chest that was next to my desk.

      Is this a possible astral projection becuase I had to step out of my body or was this a dream?

    2. #2
      Member Robot_Butler's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Tons
      Gender
      Location
      Bay Area, California
      Posts
      6,320
      Likes
      798
      DJ Entries
      75
      Very cool! Focusing on an internal body seems to be the key for me, also. I need to forget about my real body and move my awareness to the dream body.

      Whether it was an astral projection or WILD is up to you. It depends on how you define astral projection. Personally, I think they are the same thing, but I know everyone has different beliefs. You could definitely call it an out of body experience, since you actually felt yourself leaving your body.

    3. #3
      Member Fredfredburger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      LD Count
      6
      Gender
      Location
      My own little world.
      Posts
      84
      Likes
      46
      DJ Entries
      11
      Quote Originally Posted by Robot_Butler View Post
      Very cool! Focusing on an internal body seems to be the key for me, also. I need to forget about my real body and move my awareness to the dream body.

      Whether it was an astral projection or WILD is up to you. It depends on how you define astral projection. Personally, I think they are the same thing, but I know everyone has different beliefs. You could definitely call it an out of body experience, since you actually felt yourself leaving your body.
      IT felt different than my usual meditation and I suddenly have switched over to a dream version of my reality. THis time I found myself paralized but awake and felt myself sort of suddenly pop out.

    4. #4
      Call me Drew. Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      LD Count
      1+ a night
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      85
      Likes
      23
      DJ Entries
      5
      Most likely, it was a false awakening. I for one dont believe in astral projection or any of that unprovable stuff

    5. #5
      Member Fredfredburger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      LD Count
      6
      Gender
      Location
      My own little world.
      Posts
      84
      Likes
      46
      DJ Entries
      11
      Quote Originally Posted by Theepicdreamer View Post
      Most likely, it was a false awakening. I for one dont believe in astral projection or any of that unprovable stuff
      Ive had false awakenings, it might just be that I dreamed that I left my body. I wouldnt put it passed a dream to creat such an effect. I think that If i truly got out of my body that I would have seen my teachers there talking to one another.

      I mighta found an easier way to lucid dream.

      Also give everything a chance. There are possibilitys that most people think are impossible today but in the future will be discovered. Go back to 100 BCE and tell a man that one day there will be giant metal contianers that people use to travel the world in a matter of hours and he will tell you that your delusional.

    6. #6
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Tucson, AZ
      Posts
      5
      Likes
      0
      it could be either a wild or ap... thomas campbell talks about the difference between the two, if you are able to manifest things quickly it would be a ld, if your not able to control the environment by will, it would be an ap. sounds awesome!!

    7. #7
      Member lawilahd's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      LD Count
      48
      Gender
      Location
      B.C.
      Posts
      311
      Likes
      59
      DJ Entries
      18
      In my opinion, they are the same thing, I've had lucids where I had to step out of my body so to speak. I knew they were lucid dreams and not something else because I found things in my house which weren't actually there, and I was able to super jump and stuff.
      Current goal: Learning pyrokinesis and FUS RO DAH

    8. #8
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      Merck's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Slidell, LA
      Posts
      530
      Likes
      2
      DJ Entries
      1
      No it was just a dream. Astral projection is not real. Its just pretend.

    9. #9
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      6,310
      Likes
      2026
      Moved to Beyond Dreaming.

      Quote Originally Posted by Merck View Post
      No it was just a dream. Astral projection is not real. Its just pretend.
      If you make statements such as this, please be sure to back them up.

    10. #10
      Member Fredfredburger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      LD Count
      6
      Gender
      Location
      My own little world.
      Posts
      84
      Likes
      46
      DJ Entries
      11
      I hope arguments are not made of this. We all just need to realize that no one truely knows. In my opinion astral projectiong could be real or not be real. Im am skeptical of such things but acknowledge the possibility.

    11. #11
      Member Kilpikonna's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Posts
      78
      Likes
      16
      Quote Originally Posted by merkaba1111 View Post
      it could be either a wild or ap... thomas campbell talks about the difference between the two, if you are able to manifest things quickly it would be a ld, if your not able to control the environment by will, it would be an ap.
      Got to say, that is not true in my opinion. As when you are astral projecting and have the skill you can control the environment quite some. You can build all kinds of things from thought energy. On the other hand some people have really poor abilities to control their dream environment.

    12. #12
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      Merck's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Slidell, LA
      Posts
      530
      Likes
      2
      DJ Entries
      1
      Well from what I have read there is absolutely no evidence other than anecdotal to support the existence of astral projection. I am not convinced. Feel free to link me to a peer reviewed study supporting its existence.
      Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
      Moved to Beyond Dreaming.



      If you make statements such as this, please be sure to back them up.

    13. #13
      Frequent Flyer Jdcie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      LD Count
      4
      Gender
      Location
      North Hollywood, California, United States
      Posts
      11
      Likes
      2
      DJ Entries
      10
      The other night, in what I thought as a lucid dream, I was frolicking about in dreamland when I sensed that my physical leg was going to fall off my bed. I went to go move my leg and it felt like it was a million miles away... Like I was controlling a rover on Mars from mission control. Is this normal for a lucid dream experience? Or could it somehow be related to astral projection?

    14. #14
      Member Fredfredburger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      LD Count
      6
      Gender
      Location
      My own little world.
      Posts
      84
      Likes
      46
      DJ Entries
      11
      Quote Originally Posted by Jdcie View Post
      The other night, in what I thought as a lucid dream, I was frolicking about in dreamland when I sensed that my physical leg was going to fall off my bed. I went to go move my leg and it felt like it was a million miles away... Like I was controlling a rover on Mars from mission control. Is this normal for a lucid dream experience? Or could it somehow be related to astral projection?
      I think when people lucid dream they feel far away from their body becuase they are deep inside their heads. I dont think that mean astral projecting.

    Similar Threads

    1. What is astral projecting?
      By Geodae in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 09-07-2011, 12:39 AM
    2. Was I astral projecting, or having an OOBE?
      By SuddenGun007 in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 09-13-2010, 07:48 AM
    3. tips for astral projecting?
      By mastergamerx in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 04-27-2008, 08:39 PM
    4. Astral Projecting?
      By ComradeSam in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 01-12-2006, 06:54 PM
    5. Am I astral projecting ?
      By JRaven in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 11-14-2005, 07:11 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •