• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree13Likes

Thread: DV Member Dreams Hacked

The First Lightbender Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

DV Member Dreams Hacked

And searched for dream signs:

Code:
      1. PercyLucid: wife, night, room, store, car, guy, game, bed, friends, work
      2. WakingNomad: Raven, energy, moon, portal, body, angel, eyes, face, God, MoSh
      3. Raven Knight: MoSh, energy, Asuka, portal, dark/light, Tigress, healing, door, Nomad, room
      4. Man of Shred: Asuka, walking, woman, weird/strange, door, hand, brother, head, face, street
      5. matte87: walk, Monica, morning, head, girl, water, hand, work, door, run
      6. Sekhmet: water, young/old, building, room, outside, woman, dark, door, forest, floor
      7. zebrah: brother, dad, building, kill, walking, outside, water, run, fall, girl
      8. Samael: library, sword, creature, hand, Dean, head, dark, floor, woman, eyes
      9. Auron: ship, girl, head, outside, walked, face, ground, door, random, scene
      10. Puffin: feet, door, light/dark/pale, wall, building, hand, outside, sitting, school, ground
      11. maboroshi: woman / girl, sat, stood, family, mom, floor, walking, boy, hair, door
      12. ineverwakeup97: school, run, fly, water, hand, friends, outside, werewolf, signs, girls
      13. Mzzkc: blade, hand, head, face, ground, arm, body, game, fight, zombies
      14. KristaNicole07: mom, Ryan, work, outside, brother, water, school, sitting, door, walking
      15. allensig3654: giant, Kara, Leo, dad, water, walking, Michael, Lindsey, downstairs, school
      16. Atras: Anais, Alex, JJ, home, school, playing, door, work, shirt, driving
      17. Nighthog: road, walking, door, ground, water, hand, girls, head, building, path
      18. LiveInTheDream: work, building, body, head, hands, eyes, fall, wall, floor, air
      19. sisyphus: game, office, father, window, street, phone, sister, mother, Lance, TV
      20. ReachingForTheDream: room, school, playing, old, game, class, bus, mother, horse, giant
      ALL: room, door, girl, outside, guy, walk, night, water, hand, car, building, dark, bed, old
      If you walked through a door and are walking outside at night with a girl or guy you are probably dreaming!

All in all over 4000 dreams from the top 20 dream journals where processed. Let me know if you feel left out (you were not on this list) and I will run your dreams through the latest dream sign building algorithms in Liquid Dream III.

Web of dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal Populated Wall Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Miami, ok
      DJ Entries
      Too bad I don't have an online dream journal

I was always a dreamer, in childhood especially. People thought I was a little strange.-Charley pride

The i's are invisible. Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Silver
      LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      Neat.

Reminds me of a school project I did a few semesters ago. Your algorithm probably parses through DV's code better than mine did, though. XP

I notice the more descriptive DJs have a lot of top words that would be related to action or sight (like hand, face, or ground for instance). It might be interesting to see what happens if those kinds of words are given less of a tfidf weighting (assuming that's what you used to do this), as they seem to be more commonly used in DJs, but are probably largely unimportant.

Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Thanks. I actually don't use any weighting - just a long list of words to ignore (e.g.: I, a, and, the). A dream sign can be added to a category or the ignore list and is then skipped on future runs.

E.g.: I removed 7 signs from your first list and built it again.
      Code:
      Mzzkc: blade, fight, zombies, air, dragon, room, run, energy, night, hands
      Mzzkc likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      Lost Count
      Awesome! Feel free to have your algorithm parse through my dream journal. I'd love to see what comes up.
      Stop Panic[/FONT]

Sure.
      Code:
      PhantomLegend: walked, building, outside, brother, girl, door, campus, dad, car, hall

Bird Brain Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Lost count.
      DJ Entries
      This is cool!

Most of the ones that came up for me aren't really dream signs, though. I mean, walls, hands, and the ground appears in most of my dreams but don't really let me know that I'm dreaming.
      We all live in a kind of continuous dream. When we wake, it is because something,
      some event, some pinprick even, disturbs the edges of what we have taken as reality.

Vandermeer

SAT (Sporadic Awareness Technique) Guide
      Have questions about lucid dreaming? DM me.

Luminescent sun chaser Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      400ish
      The World That Never Was
      DJ Entries
      Interesting...I know I dream about girls a lot...they tend to stand out the most. But I can't figure out the ship thing. Never knew I mentioned them a lot. How about resorting that top twenty and using "comment's" instead of "entries". IMO the people who get tons of comments probably have the "top 20 dream journals".

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
      This is cool!

Most of the ones that came up for me aren't really dream signs, though. I mean, walls, hands, and the ground appears in most of my dreams but don't really let me know that I'm dreaming.
      Ah, not easily impressed. Let me see what else I can pull out of my bag of tricks.

Code:
      Puffin: door, pale, school, window, table, glass, webs, wood/wooden, eyes, sky
      Quote Originally Posted by Auron View Post
      Interesting...I know I dream about girls a lot...they tend to stand out the most. But I can't figure out the ship thing. Never knew I mentioned them a lot. How about resorting that top twenty and using "comment's" instead of "entries". IMO the people who get tons of comments probably have the "top 20 dream journals".
      Perhaps Mzzkc was on to something with the tfidf weighting: you only had 3 dreams with ship in them, but this one was literally swimming with them:
      Shipeater Fish - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views.
      Auron likes this.

A dark desert highway
      DJ Entries
      That's pretty cool, I'd be pretty happy to see results for my DJ (grandfathered) as well if you're interested . I imagine dark/night, game, girl will probably be there.

Hmm, I will have to write some new code for the grandfathered DJs one day. 'Til then and in honor of your 1000 dreams I have run the 76 dreams in your new DJ. Twice:

Last edited by IAmCoder; 07-23-2011 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Images
      Wildman likes this.

A dark desert highway
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by IAmCoder View Post
      Hmm, I will have to write some new code for the grandfathered DJs one day. 'Til then and in honor of your 1000 dreams I have run the 76 dreams in your new DJ. Twice:
      Awesome, thanks! Sorry I didn't realize you couldn't run it on a grandfathered journal. Also, lol zombies.

DJ Entries
      This is really interesting. It's neat to see what your program came up with.

I never realized how much I dream about my brother and my dad.

DreamDragon Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_00FF00'>StaySharp</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      190 (31.11.23)
      Tibaro
      DJ Entries
      Hm that's some interesting stuff, just that I currently have no DJ...

However I might have a few ideas:
      1. About the way the program chooses dream signs: Instead of going for a total count of specific words (assuming this is still what you do), would it be possible to assign an array of possible dream signs to each dream and see if one of them comes up in an significant amount of dreams? That way one dream swimming with one word (like in the case with Auron above) wouldn't promote that thing immediatly to be recognized as dream sign.
      2: What about certain actions that can only be described through more than one word, going through walls for example?
      Personal Records so far: Max lucids per day: 2 | Max lucids per week: 4 | Max lucids per month: 8 | Max dreams recalled in one night: 17
      Longest lucid dream: ~35min | Highest flight: zoomed out of common existence [WTF?] | Fastest speed: FTL | DILD/EILD/DEILD [X] | WILD/VILD [X] | MILD/FILD/HILD [ ]
      Interested to know how I got 17 dreams in one single night? And how I think I still could Improve? Check out my new and improved Dream Recall Compendium: The Dream Recall Compendium

Thanks!

1. Yeah, it would probably be better to do something like this or as Mzzkc suggested, using tfidf weighting, but... if it works, don't fix it.
      2. You would have to invent a word for that, like "portalled", or use a consistent phrase with underscores, like "through_a_wall" for now. I have made a note to allow phrases as category items.

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      All my life ;)
      DJ Entries
      Hey Iamcoder, any chance you could run mine through for me
      LUCID GOALS
      1) Meet DG
      2) Speak with my Granparents
      3) Ride a Unicorn
      4) Board the Titanic
      ((changed with thanks to Caretaker ))

Sure.
      Code:
      angie746: room, hubby, door, woman, hand, fly, bed, outside, dad, lol

DreamDragon Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_00FF00'>StaySharp</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      190 (31.11.23)
      Tibaro
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by IAmCoder View Post
      Thanks!

1. Yeah, it would probably be better to do something like this or as Mzzkc suggested, using tfidf weighting, but... if it works, don't fix it.
      2. You would have to invent a word for that, like "portalled", or use a consistent phrase with underscores, like "through_a_wall" for now. I have made a note to allow phrases as category items.
      I thought as well about letting the program check for specific phrases, given you go through the stuff word for word.
      For example the sentence: "Suddenly I turned left and went through the wall"
      The check for this specific thing could be
      1. Checking for words like going/went/walking/etc. and upon finding on triggering step 2
      2. Checking for through (can't come up with anything else) if found as well, go to step 3
      3. Checking for words like wall/door/etc. if found as well that'd make a positive on going through solid objects

also the check should include the ignore list, so that "went right through the wall" wouldn't corrupt the result.
      Personal Records so far: Max lucids per day: 2 | Max lucids per week: 4 | Max lucids per month: 8 | Max dreams recalled in one night: 17
      Longest lucid dream: ~35min | Highest flight: zoomed out of common existence [WTF?] | Fastest speed: FTL | DILD/EILD/DEILD [X] | WILD/VILD [X] | MILD/FILD/HILD [ ]
      Interested to know how I got 17 dreams in one single night? And how I think I still could Improve? Check out my new and improved Dream Recall Compendium: The Dream Recall Compendium

Banned
      Nowhere
      DJ Entries
      Eh, this is fun but not reliable. Its all relative on how often someone uses words. If I wrote a sentence:

I stood by the window. It was white, just your average window frame and glass. I had to run up to this particular window earlier, but didn't look out of it.
      I stood by a window. It was white, nothing special. I was here earlier, but didn't look out of it.
      Stuff like door, window, old, eyes, walk are all not dream signs since they happen in both the real world and dreams all the time. I can see what you did here but I hope you are just doing it for fun.

LD Count
      The Bunker
      DJ Entries
      I haven't updated my dream journal recently, but feel free to go through mine as well.
      I'd be interested in seeing what mine are

Join our Lucid Dreaming video game project!
      Lucid Dreams: 6 ---- WILD: 0
      ---------------------- MILD: 2
      ---------------------- EILD: 0
      ---------------------- DILD: 4
      ---------------------- DEILD: 0

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      hahah wow nice !

Banned
      LD Count
      under your bed
      DJ Entries
      I would like to have my dj run through, I haven't written in it in a while though

@StaySharp: That would definitely be fun to program one day, and a challenge to keep it fast. Perhaps I will create a second function - Dream Phrases.

Code:
      shadow27: dad, building, college, car, school, mom, game, high, store, run
      @Loaf: Well, these are also just the top 10 most common words. Dream signs are very personal and I imagine better results if words are filtered out by the individual. But I did not do it just for fun; I was hoping that it would help someone reach lucidity. And there is nothing wrong with using doors as a dream sign, seeing that they are the most common word and easily used as a RC.

Thanks Atras!

Code:
      dacher2: school, guy, party, home, girl, night, game, room, bus, kid
      dacher2 and tommo like this.

Banned
      Nowhere
      DJ Entries
      Am I wrong in saying a dream sign is suppose to be an exclusive indicator in ones dream that triggers lucidity? An RC and a dream sign are quite different. But I can see where you are coming from.

No, I guess "Common Dream Words" would be a more accurate description. But "Dream Signs" sounds more elite!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast