• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 33
    Like Tree123Likes

    Thread: The truth behind Lucid Dreaming - Experienced Lucid dreamers are needed

    1. #1
      Banned Achievements:
      1 year registered Made Friends on DV Created Dream Journal

      Join Date
      May 2016
      LD Count
      ~300
      Gender
      Location
      Between this World and Real World
      Posts
      90
      Likes
      637
      DJ Entries
      2

      The truth behind Lucid Dreaming - Experienced Lucid dreamers are needed

      Hello, everyone.
      I have long wanted to make such a topic, but I've been waiting to get enough experience with the lucid dreaming. Now where should I start.

      As soon as I realized that strange dreams I had throughout my life were called lucid dreams, I wanted to know what they are and what the truth behind them is. Then I started constant experiments to achieve my goal. Even if it means destroying well-formed lucid dream. For that purpose, I wanted to have a view from every angle: WILD, DILD, VILD. All types had their peculiarities and information they were carrying, but they all had similar features.

      Here I must also pay attention to the laws in the dreams I came across only to understand that all the Lucid Dreamers are experiencing them. Something like universal truth, but who put it there and what is its purpose? Here are some examples: the mirrors are portals; free falling backwards, it takes you to another place (but it can awaken you); the rotation around you changes the scene (again unstable); the flashing with your eyes wakes you up; the lifts do not work properly; the text changes when you look at it again; to make object/person appear, you have to imagine it and spin and turn again, and so on.
      After a year of dry spell, my dreams have evolved, and this has led me to many interesting discoveries. After many attempts and failed dreams on the "try and error" principle and the help of some polite Dream Guides and the futile effort of DCs to keep me bounded, I came to the following conclusions.

      What dreams are - Control, and Lucid dreaming is a Weapon, and we are the Bullets.(This is a metaphor, try not understand her literally.) Of course, the DCs are just a means of 'the Dream' to control us. When we try to realize that we are dreaming, he sends them in the form of old friends, family, relatives, enemies, monsters to try to bring us back into obedience. The same goes for the fake memories that 'the Dream' implanting in us with, as well as the scenarios it introduces to us, but the same happens during a Lucid dream. If a DCs understands that you are lucid, they will try to get you into a scenario or attack you as white blood cells attack a virus. Of course, this makes us have great experiences and we have a good story to tell, but that's also part of the Control. Of course some of you are happy with this and there is nothing wrong with that, but others like me want more.

      Laws in dreams are also part of this Control, for example, a few months ago I had a dream in which I totally violated all laws. Only when you realize that nothing holds or restrains you, only then you will be truly free and you will reach the next level of lucid dreaming or the purpose behind it.

      Now, fellow lucid dreamers, I also want to hear your opinion on this issue and perhaps we will get to a mutual agreement on the subject. I also want to know why you want to Lucid dream, what's the reason that drives you.
      Last edited by RealityShifter; 03-30-2018 at 08:22 PM.

    2. #2
      Dreaming Bunnies Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class
      lucidbunnie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      LD Count
      Numerous
      Gender
      Location
      Multiple Realities
      Posts
      310
      Likes
      413
      DJ Entries
      7
      hmm over the course of my experiences I have formed various theories of my own and have validated some and some are still under evaluation. It will be a bit heavy to get into here. However, I have experienced things differently from the "norm" quite frequently. For example, mirrors don't act as portal to me by default unless I force such an expectation nor do I have frightening experiences during sleep-paralysis like most people do.

      I also want to know why you want to Lucid dream, what's the reason that drives you.
      Everyone has their own motivations. In some of us it even changes over time. It used to be a means for me to explore the nature of reality itself and I have always been fascinated by dreams, but since my significant other's passing lucid dreaming has become one of the few ways at my disposal to spend time with her.

    3. #3
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points
      LighrkVader's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2017
      Gender
      Posts
      277
      Likes
      314
      DJ Entries
      3
      Let me get this right... You are saying that while we are dreaming there is something, that for some reason shapes the dream in a way that keeps us acting in a way that it likes... Further, lucid dreaming is this things weakness, but even then it has ways of controlling the dream, thereby tricking us into acting the way that it prefers... amirite?

      I don't think you explained why you think that though... seems like you should do that next...

      If you don't say why you think what you think, then it's hard to come up with anything valuable to say about it...
      Last edited by LighrkVader; 03-30-2018 at 09:07 PM.
      DawnEye11 and Perfect777 like this.
      Half of the time we're gone and we don't know where...

    4. #4
      Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      dolphin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Gender
      Location
      the Pacific Ocean
      Posts
      2,330
      Likes
      3047
      DJ Entries
      152
      I like lucid dreaming because it is fun to experience things that are difficult or impossible for me to experience while I'm awake.

      My idea of what dreams are- dreams are the perception of the state of our subjective reality, Lucid dreaming is dreaming while perceiving the dream as being a dream, and we are the ones who are doing the perceiving.

      Is perceiving the state of our subjective reality a state of control? This sometimes may be the case, as our subjective reality our dreams are based on definitely has the power to influence or direct our behavior. But then again, if we are satisfied with the state of our subjective reality our dreams are based on, we may see no reason to control it.

      Is dreaming while perceiving the dream as being a dream a weapon? This may be the case, as this perception can used as means of gaining an advantage or defending ourselves in a conflict or contest with the dream. But then again, there may be no conflict or contest with the dream to begin with.

      Are the ones doing the perceiving the bullets? This may be the case if we are using lucid dreaming to use ourselves to manipulate the dream. But then again, the dream is also coming from ourselves, so it would be shooting bullets as well. Bullets firing at bullets! It's a war! In that way, this makes sense if there is a conflict or a contest. However, as always, there may be no conflict or contest to begin with.

      Thus, I think your metaphor is valid in some cases, but not all cases. In order for it to be valid in all cases, we would have to always consciously be in conflict with the state of our subjective reality.

    5. #5
      Banned Achievements:
      1 year registered Made Friends on DV Created Dream Journal

      Join Date
      May 2016
      LD Count
      ~300
      Gender
      Location
      Between this World and Real World
      Posts
      90
      Likes
      637
      DJ Entries
      2
      First lucidbunnie,
      I can't imagine what you're going through. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

      LighrkVader
      You're right on spot, but you doesn't really believe in you answer. You must know better than anyone, who is the one that controlling your dream, because it is your other part.

      Dolphin maybe the metaphor done more damage than good, it seems I am going to need better way to explain myself

      I'm not sure if I must continue with this thread, because the information I can provide, can shake your very core of existence and if I choose the wrong words, I can tear your soul apart, of course I can find some fun in this as well. First you all must agree, for me to proceed!

      p.s. And last I really love bunnies especially in 'anime style' Now I'm going to dream all night about dreambunnies

    6. #6
      Dreaming Bunnies Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class
      lucidbunnie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      LD Count
      Numerous
      Gender
      Location
      Multiple Realities
      Posts
      310
      Likes
      413
      DJ Entries
      7
      I can't imagine what you're going through. I'm truly sorry for your loss.
      I'm coping the best I can, but it's hard. One thing I learned is to be considerate of other's feelings. Just because I lost someone dear to me I don't want them to be all gloomy too. I want people around me to be happy, after all life goes on. I'm just grateful I have mastered a skill like lucid dream that lets me create new memories with my SO.

      I'm not sure if I must continue with this thread, because the information I can provide, can shake your very core of existence and if I choose the wrong words, I can tear your soul apart, of course I can find some fun in this as well. First you all must agree, for me to proceed!
      I'm on the fence about your metaphor, but I can somewhat see it your way too. I'm looking forward for you to elaborate. :D
      DawnEye11 and Perfect777 like this.

    7. #7
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1562
      DJ Entries
      29
      Dreams are powered by the subconscious, which pulls information from the unconscious and also puts information into the unconscious. Also spits out information into the conscious.
      And in a conscious (lucid) dream, your conscious mind makes the commands but it is the subconscious which does the work.

      It sounds like you are considering "the Dream" to be separate from "You". Which is definitely not right, both from a scientific viewpoint and a spiritual viewpoint.

      So to change about your metaphor:

      Non-lucid:
      Conscious = Subject
      Subconscious = Control
      Unconscious = Object

      Lucid:
      Conscious = Control
      Subconscious = Weapon
      Unconscious = Bullets

      [EDIT: To be honest I'm not 100% happy with that metaphor setup. But I feel it's getting warmer]

      In a lucid, what is the conscious mind fighting? It's fighting unconsciousness (not unconscious mind... just, unconsciousness). And unconsciousness indeed fights back.

      I could do a much better job of explaining my meaning, but I'm just rolling with the whole metaphorical thing here, cause it's fun to use metaphors.
      Thoughts?


      Also don't worry about tearing someone's soul up with words. If someone isn't ready to hear something, it usually just goes right over their head (they simply won't understand it).
      The only way someone un-ready could be torn apart with words is if they make the decision to dive into it full-throttle. I tore myself apart by making that very mistake. But it was my own choice, every step of the way, and not at all the fault of the person who said the words. Besides, when I de-fragmented myself I learned my lesson.

      Although I suppose you could do the decent thing and put a warning before saying anything you think could be potentially harmful.

    8. #8
      Banned Achievements:
      1 year registered Made Friends on DV Created Dream Journal

      Join Date
      May 2016
      LD Count
      ~300
      Gender
      Location
      Between this World and Real World
      Posts
      90
      Likes
      637
      DJ Entries
      2
      Slash112 is getting warmer indeed.
      But I must warn you all this can change the ideology of entire forum and all of you. And the extra information I received tonight can change the life as we know it! My Soul is evolving as we speak, next time when I have lucid dream it will be totally different.

      If i put the word 'unconscious' in my theory, the puzzle is completely arranged. I will try to translate it into the simplest form I can.

      unconscious -> automatic system, core of everything! Machine that creates the dream. (It has other purposes as well)
      subconscious -> 'the dream' -> separate in two forms
      ->Yin(Dark) -> Anti-Guides, hostile DCs | They are
      ->Yang(Light)->Dream Guides, friendly DCs | both manifestation of yin and yang
      They both can control/change 'the dream'
      conscious -> 'You' - you can change the dream as well

      All of this parts make the 'Soul'. Our body is just an extension of our soul.

      Yin is always trying to stop you from getting lucid and yang is trying to help you.
      Most of the time Yin is in control of your Dream and hate to loss it.

      This is everlasting battle, because our soul is imbalanced!

      That was the easy part
      Last edited by RealityShifter; 03-31-2018 at 07:43 PM.

    9. #9
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1562
      DJ Entries
      29
      Nice one, Shifter! I like it

      The only thing I see differently is conscious = "your idea of You".
      And soul = the actual "You" (like you said, all the parts make up soul. Which is the complete and true You)
      [EDIT: Although, "Spirit" would be better than "soul", because soul is most commonly recognized as just a part of you. And, all is spirit, so soul is just a part of spirit.]

      But that's just semantics. I feel where you're coming from.



      Also I am very interested to hear about your soul evolution and your new informations. I love that stuff.

    10. #10
      Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      dolphin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Gender
      Location
      the Pacific Ocean
      Posts
      2,330
      Likes
      3047
      DJ Entries
      152
      By anti-guide, you do not mean a being who does not advise or show the way to others? I disagree with this, as being hostile does not seem to be a trait from one who is refraining from advising or showing the way to others.

      Alternatively, by anti-quide, do you mean a guide with bad intentions? I disagree with this as well. Our hostility is generally behind the intention of protecting us from harm, which is a good intention.

      Good can be considered bad and bad could be considered good. I assume this is why you noted the Light and Dark parts of the dream and both a manifestation of yin and yang. If this is the case, however, how does one truly tell what is Light and what is Dark? After all, if one adds light to dark it more becomes light and if one takes away light from light it becomes more dark. Because of this, I've had a hostile DC turn into a friendly DC and vice versa.

      Something balanced is something that is arranged in good proportions. If a balanced soul is balanced between the Light and Dark parts, how does one differentiate between a good or bad proportion between the Light and Dark parts?

      I think the subconscious part of the theory is too open to interpretation to be necessarily valid due to the concepts of Light and Dark being too subjective. I agree with the unconscious and conscious parts, though.
      Hukif, DawnEye11 and LeaoLouro like this.

    11. #11
      Banned Achievements:
      1 year registered Made Friends on DV Created Dream Journal

      Join Date
      May 2016
      LD Count
      ~300
      Gender
      Location
      Between this World and Real World
      Posts
      90
      Likes
      637
      DJ Entries
      2
      Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
      By anti-guide, you do not mean a being who does not advise or show the way to others? I disagree with this, as being hostile does not seem to be a trait from one who is refraining from advising or showing the way to others.

      Alternatively, by anti-quide, do you mean a guide with bad intentions? I disagree with this as well. Our hostility is generally behind the intention of protecting us from harm, which is a good intention.

      Good can be considered bad and bad could be considered good. I assume this is why you noted the Light and Dark parts of the dream and both a manifestation of yin and yang. If this is the case, however, how does one truly tell what is Light and what is Dark? After all, if one adds light to dark it more becomes light and if one takes away light from light it becomes more dark. Because of this, I've had a hostile DC turn into a friendly DC and vice versa.

      Something balanced is something that is arranged in good proportions. If a balanced soul is balanced between the Light and Dark parts, how does one differentiate between a good or bad proportion between the Light and Dark parts?

      I think the subconscious part of the theory is too open to interpretation to be necessarily valid due to the concepts of Light and Dark being too subjective. I agree with the unconscious and conscious parts, though.
      These are mine terms, sorry for the confusion. By anti-Guide I mean the Nemesis of Guide. You might seen him before, without ever knowing/remembering. He is trying to stop you from getting lucid or gain control. He represent yin, but that doesn't mean he is evil. Look at the yin-yang symbol and you will understand. To get perfect lucidity you must balance 'yourself' between yin and yang.

      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      Nice one, Shifter! I like it

      The only thing I see differently is conscious = "your idea of You".
      And soul = the actual "You" (like you said, all the parts make up soul. Which is the complete and true You)
      [EDIT: Although, "Spirit" would be better than "soul", because soul is most commonly recognized as just a part of you. And, all is spirit, so soul is just a part of spirit.]

      But that's just semantics. I feel where you're coming from.

      Also I am very interested to hear about your soul evolution and your new informations. I love that stuff.
      conscious = Your current 'You' (maybe is a little too complicated to understand, sorry)
      Yeah 'Soul' is the whole 'YOU'!

      There is tons of discussion about soul vs spirit over the internet. But I think spirit is bounded by the body, while the soul can get rid of the body when it dies and it can go to another field of existence.


      p.s. But that is only just the top of the iceberg.
      Last edited by RealityShifter; 03-31-2018 at 11:32 PM.

    12. #12
      Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      dolphin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Gender
      Location
      the Pacific Ocean
      Posts
      2,330
      Likes
      3047
      DJ Entries
      152
      What is the Nemesis of Guide?

      I can understand how the Nemesis of Guide would not want me to become lucid or gain control. However, it seems to me this would be by default because he would not want me to withdraw all my attention away from what he wants. Therefore, if I could gain lucidity and control without withdrawing all my attention on what the Nemesis of Guide wants, he would not care if I became lucid or had control.

      How would one theoretically identify and/or correct this balance of yin and yang? What would be considered a balanced ratio of yin to yang?

    13. #13
      Long Time Lucid Explorer Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Huge Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_FF1493'>DawnEye11</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Gender
      Location
      On A Special Star
      Posts
      1,267
      Likes
      3598
      DJ Entries
      456
      Interesting. I know this was mentioned before but i agree that as lucid dreamers we can have similarities and differences when it comes to control or experience so saying that mirrors are used as portals and dream text is not stable doesn't apply to all. However, as I read your post I was reminded that as you grow as a lucid dreamer, if you spend little time on forums, you tend to formulate conclusions based on your experience. The problem with this is that sometimes our conclusions are wrong and hence why comparing it to other experiences helps us see if it was truly possible. Not that it's always wrong though.

      I also agree that our dreaming mind sets up things in a controlled/random manner but there is no need to fight back with it for control because your dreaming mind isn't out to get you. Even if a dc attacks you. It is there to help you, sometimes to help you notice things of importance so have a peace of mind. If you feel like it is out to get you, it will happen because your mind set or belief can affect what happens in your dream. This was already said as well, just agreeing with it as my thoughts come up about what you wrote shifter.

      In the end, you said we could be free from control so you probably already know that.I like to think that our dreaming mind is working to help us than stopping us from being lucid though. Not that we are always on the same page with our dreaming mind.
      Hmm...Maybe It depends on your goal whether the dreaming mind is seeming like a "yin" or "yang" for you too. When I use intent to lucid dream I rely on my mind to help me so if my dream characters try to stop me after I become lucid it is ironic in a way. Still thinking about this but my yin is more of my fear in waking life that I carry on to my non lucid or lucid dreams. So like when my own thoughts and not the dream itself is causing an obstacle.

      Since you asked, I lucid dream because ever since I was little lucid dreaming has been like a treasured gem. A secret place where I can uncover more truths about the meaning of life. I uncover truths because you can experience things in dreams you wouldn't be able to experience while awake. It also allows you to appreciate sleep more.
      Last edited by DawnEye11; 04-01-2018 at 06:16 AM.
      "Be the best You, you can be...Relax...Listen...Imagine...*Silence*...Zzzzz"

      DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

    14. #14
      Banned Achievements:
      1 year registered Made Friends on DV Created Dream Journal

      Join Date
      May 2016
      LD Count
      ~300
      Gender
      Location
      Between this World and Real World
      Posts
      90
      Likes
      637
      DJ Entries
      2
      Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
      What is the Nemesis of Guide?

      I can understand how the Nemesis of Guide would not want me to become lucid or gain control. However, it seems to me this would be by default because he would not want me to withdraw all my attention away from what he wants. Therefore, if I could gain lucidity and control without withdrawing all my attention on what the Nemesis of Guide wants, he would not care if I became lucid or had control.

      How would one theoretically identify and/or correct this balance of yin and yang? What would be considered a balanced ratio of yin to yang?
      Quote Originally Posted by DawnEye11 View Post
      Interesting. I know this was mentioned before but i agree that as lucid dreamers we can have similarities and differences when it comes to control or experience so saying that mirrors are used as portals and dream text is not stable doesn't apply to all. However, as I read your post I was reminded that as you grow as a lucid dreamer, if you spend little time on forums, you tend to formulate conclusions based on your experience. The problem with this is that sometimes our conclusions are wrong and hence why comparing it to other experiences helps us see if it was truly possible. Not that it's always wrong though.

      I also agree that our dreaming mind sets up things in a controlled/random manner but there is no need to fight back with it for control because your dreaming mind isn't out to get you. Even if a dc attacks you. It is there to help you, sometimes to help you notice things of importance so have a peace of mind. If you feel like it is out to get you, it will happen because your mind set or belief can affect what happens in your dream. This was already said as well, just agreeing with it as my thoughts come up about what you wrote shifter.

      In the end, you said we could be free from control so you probably already know that.I like to think that our dreaming mind is working to help us than stopping us from being lucid though. Not that we are always on the same page with our dreaming mind.
      Hmm...Maybe It depends on your goal whether the dreaming mind is seeming like a "yin" or "yang" for you too. When I use intent to lucid dream I rely on my mind to help me so if my dream characters try to stop me after I become lucid it is ironic in a way. Still thinking about this but my yin is more of my fear in waking life that I carry on to my non lucid or lucid dreams. So like when my own thoughts and not the dream itself is causing an obstacle.

      Since you asked, I lucid dream because ever since I was little lucid dreaming has been like a treasured gem. A secret place where I can uncover more truths about the meaning of life. I uncover truths because you can experience things in dreams you wouldn't be able to experience while awake. It also allows you to appreciate sleep more.
      dolphin,DawnEye11
      I said, I will only give you the truth, I did not say it would be easy. I can only show you the door, you are the these, that must pass through the it.

      DawnEye11, you must reread mine posts more deeply, maybe you will understand more of it.

      Dolphin, Nemesis is the other side of the coin. When you are not lucid most of the time he(yin) is in control of what is going on, of course yang is also there to help you. In Lucid Dream you are training your mind to gain control and dream Guide is there for you when you are ready, but his Nemesis won't stay still. He will try to regain control, like trying to prevent your lucidity in the ways I described. When you are already lucid, he will try to wake you up or to make you lose your lucidity. He can take on many forms (animals, vicious creature, monster, even natural disaster). I will give you short example of mine:

      I become lucid in the dream(DILD) and started to roam freely and doing stuffs that disturb the natural order of the dream, when a police officer appear and said that he will arrest me for being lucid, and I must wake up now, but second man appeared(my guide) and said, that he guarantee for me. Then both man disappeared and I continue with my lucid dream.

      I have many other examples, but they are a little too long.

      DawnEye11 nobody is the same, that is why we have different experiences. About the mirrors and the text, some of us just have slightly different 'operating system', I am talking here about deep programing. The unconscious is a system, which is running a virtual reality(hrrr it is too complicated to be explain it with simple words) thanks to the 'operating system', that is just one of it's purpose. But these laws can be broken, like in a video game. When you are ready, there will be no need for you to obey the laws.(think about Neo of the Matrix) [that is an important part for my next post]

      In the end both part of your subconscious are trying to help, there is not such thing as good and evil. They both are trying to make you better. I am talking here about evolution of the mankind. I think there is some 'forces' that preventing us to move on or maybe we are just not ready yet.

      Edit:
      Dolphin you are right here:
      Therefore, if I could gain lucidity and control without withdrawing all my attention on what the Nemesis of Guide wants, he would not care if I became lucid or had control.
      Because you have a simple desire, he will not care too much for you.

      I like lucid dreaming because it is fun to experience things that are difficult or impossible for me to experience while I'm awake.
      Last edited by RealityShifter; 04-01-2018 at 05:38 PM.

    15. #15
      Long Time Lucid Explorer Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Huge Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_FF1493'>DawnEye11</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Gender
      Location
      On A Special Star
      Posts
      1,267
      Likes
      3598
      DJ Entries
      456
      I did read it deeply. Your not making it easy because my dream characters dont react the same as yours and yet when you speak of it, it seems like your saying it happens that way for everyone. Maybe cause you mentioned laws. I think you should be more specific about what these laws actually are. I know your talking about it in a way of how the dreaming mind operates so...

      Thinking about the word "force" you mentioned i do agree that there are obstacles that may stop us from evolving in a way. When i think about this time dilation kind of comes to mind. Mainly because your having a dream of a grander time that might be against what is natural. Hence the weird head feeling you might get when you wake up from a long lucid.
      Last edited by DawnEye11; 04-01-2018 at 05:57 PM.
      "Be the best You, you can be...Relax...Listen...Imagine...*Silence*...Zzzzz"

      DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

    16. #16
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1562
      DJ Entries
      29
      Yeah my DCs don't react like that either.

      However, when he started talking about Yin and Yang, that's when I understood where he's coming from and was able to apply it in my mind as almost universal.
      There is duality in everything, especially in the human mind. Bad vs good. Unconsciousness vs consciousness. Fight vs peace. These dualities exist in our mind so therefore must exist within dreams.
      With any duality, in life or dream, some people experience more of the yin, some experience more of the yang, and some people experience a balance of the two.
      But it always exists as a duality. (Example, if someone experiences mostly good stuff, they only know it to be good because it can be compared to the bad. Therefore, it is still a duality.)

      Although like I said, it's only almost universal. The reason it's not universal is because some people live in non-duality. But that's rare.

    17. #17
      Long Time Lucid Explorer Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Huge Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_FF1493'>DawnEye11</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Gender
      Location
      On A Special Star
      Posts
      1,267
      Likes
      3598
      DJ Entries
      456
      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      Yeah my DCs don't react like that either.

      However, when he started talking about Yin and Yang, that's when I understood where he's coming from and was able to apply it in my mind as almost universal.
      There is duality in everything, especially in the human mind. Bad vs good. Unconsciousness vs consciousness. Fight vs peace. These dualities exist in our mind so therefore must exist within dreams.
      With any duality, in life or dream, some people experience more of the yin, some experience more of the yang, and some people experience a balance of the two.
      But it always exists as a duality. (Example, if someone experiences mostly good stuff, they only know it to be good because it can be compared to the bad. Therefore, it is still a duality.)

      Although like I said, it's only almost universal. The reason it's not universal is because some people live in non-duality. But that's rare.
      Oh,so that's what he meant. I dont disagree with that but since we can have different levels of yin/yang, wouldn't our laws be somewhat different too? Also, what exactly did shifter break free from?
      Last edited by DawnEye11; 04-01-2018 at 06:29 PM.
      "Be the best You, you can be...Relax...Listen...Imagine...*Silence*...Zzzzz"

      DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

    18. #18
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1562
      DJ Entries
      29
      Good question, I just looked back to see if I could figure it out.
      Funnily enough, it sounds like he's essentially using non-duality to break free from duality. It looks to me like that's the barebones of what he's talking about.

      Non-duality brings freedom in waking life, so I suppose it would be the same for dreams.

      He gave this example:

      when a police officer appear and said that he will arrest me for being lucid, and I must wake up now, but second man appeared(my guide) and said, that he guarantee for me. Then both man disappeared and I continue with my lucid dream.
      So, I can see that yin and yang were both there, but he chose to ignore them both.

      The thing is, with non-duality, duality still exists, but you are no longer a slave to it. Essentially you rise above duality. But all that means is, things are no longer good or bad, light or dark... they simply are. They become goodbad. Lightdark. That's where yin vs yang becomes yinyang. (Nonduality. "Not-two"/"One") Without the identification of good vs bad, one is free from the pressures of the internal battle that goes along with it.

      His example is interesting because it shows that he was neither repelled by darkness, nor drawn to light. He simply existed and did his own thing.

    19. #19
      Banned Achievements:
      1 year registered Made Friends on DV Created Dream Journal

      Join Date
      May 2016
      LD Count
      ~300
      Gender
      Location
      Between this World and Real World
      Posts
      90
      Likes
      637
      DJ Entries
      2
      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      Good question, I just looked back to see if I could figure it out.
      Funnily enough, it sounds like he's essentially using non-duality to break free from duality. It looks to me like that's the barebones of what he's talking about.

      Non-duality brings freedom in waking life, so I suppose it would be the same for dreams.

      He gave this example:



      So, I can see that yin and yang were both there, but he chose to ignore them both.

      The thing is, with non-duality, duality still exists, but you are no longer a slave to it. Essentially you rise above duality. But all that means is, things are no longer good or bad, light or dark... they simply are.

      His example is interesting because it shows that he was neither repelled by darkness, nor drawn to light. He simply existed and did his own thing.
      You are wrong and right at the same time.

      The example was for dolphin for something else he ask. But you are right for the non-duality part.

      White and Dark, they both make me who I am

    20. #20
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1562
      DJ Entries
      29
      Quote Originally Posted by RealityShifter View Post
      You are wrong and right at the same time.
      Another duality, yay!

    21. #21
      Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      dolphin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Gender
      Location
      the Pacific Ocean
      Posts
      2,330
      Likes
      3047
      DJ Entries
      152
      So, the Nemisis or the yin describes the dream when it is being aggressive and the yang describes the dream when it is being unaggressive? I could relate to that! I'll just use the words aggressive and unaggressive to relate to yin and yang.

      The dream is aggressive when it has some sort of important matter behind it that requires the dreamers attention. In contrast, when there is no important matter behind the dream, there is no reason for it to be aggressive, so it is unaggressive.

      The dream can turn from aggressive to unaggressive if the important matter behind the aggression is resolved. Dreams can also turn from unaggressive to aggressive if an important matter is remembered or otherwise presents itself.

      Important matters can be resolved within the dream. Resolving important matters within the dream is certainly worth talking about.

      The first step to resolving important matters that cause a dream to be aggressive is identifying what the important matter is. The next step is to resolve the important matter if needed (some seemingly important matters become unimportant upon identifying what they are). It is difficult to describe how to resolve important matters because there are many different possible important matters that probably can't always be resolved in exactly the same way.

      The most direct way to identify an important matter within the dream is probably to ask the dream directly what the matter is.
      Hukif and DawnEye11 like this.

    22. #22
      Dreaming Bunnies Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class
      lucidbunnie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      LD Count
      Numerous
      Gender
      Location
      Multiple Realities
      Posts
      310
      Likes
      413
      DJ Entries
      7
      I don't think categorizing as "aggressive" and "unaggressive" (or rather "complaisant") properly defines it. I have had lucids where DCs gently try to get me to loose my lucidity. For example, in one dream I wake in my bedroom and realize it's a dream. My significant other DC tries to get me to go back to sleep. I try to slip away without bringing up lucidity, but she says if I think it's a lucid dream then I must have messed up reality checks and that it's not a dream. Then adds that if I must go then be it and that she was going back to sleep. It was a gentle and comforting way the dream was trying to get me to give up my lucidity. There was no hostility or aggressiveness in it, it was almost passive.

    23. #23
      Banned Achievements:
      1 year registered Made Friends on DV Created Dream Journal

      Join Date
      May 2016
      LD Count
      ~300
      Gender
      Location
      Between this World and Real World
      Posts
      90
      Likes
      637
      DJ Entries
      2

      Lightbulb

      And now the more interesting part, the truth behind lucid dreams. My concern seems to be unfounded, yet I will tell you in slightly filtered way. This may be a bit like a shock for some of you!

      My Dream Guide recently gave me information about the essence of lucid dreaming through a test. By including the information from his previous appearances and my personal knowledge, the "truth" is formed.

      What is the purpose of lucid dreaming? Lucid dreaming is a "tool" with ancient roots. Of course this tool has numerous uses: (I do not say I know all of them)
      1) Personal space - for training
      2) Connection between body and spirit - for healing purposes
      3) Shared Dreaming - for exchange of experience
      4) Earth Global Network - for Global Communication
      5) The Humankind biggest library - for storing information (knowledge, memories, history, feelings). All of which is stored in the "stream".

      You ask how is this possible? It is simple, every living creature on earth is emitting bio energy, which serves as a wireless connection and turn us in the biggest network. I am talking about Gaia. Have not you wondered why you can feel things in the dream you never felt alive, that's the answer. Your unconscious mind derives information from this network. And from time to time other intra dimensional beings can connect to it, that is why they often talk to us through the dreams.

      Think about it, the possibilities are limitless. This technology that exist within us, can change this world forever. She was conceived by "someone" who is on a very high level, long ago. He has planted the seed for our evolution. But it seems that still most of us are not ready for this.

      p.s. damn I totally beaten up now
      Last edited by RealityShifter; 04-02-2018 at 01:41 AM.

    24. #24
      Paradise Falls Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class
      <span class='glow_FF1493'>Gaea</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      LD Count
      Gender
      Location
      Astral Plane
      Posts
      118
      Likes
      148
      DJ Entries
      9

      Question

      Truth is everything around you.
      It is the essence of you and your mind attempting to comprehend the world. So in a sense, lucidity could be a possible way to create a new truth. A new truth in which we are in control of this truth, everything that is told to us is real. Everything we experience in dreams is a truth. It is a way for us to let go of one singular reality, one single truth. Lucidity is a way to bring in new light, and shed new thoughts upon the world, giving us a place to experiment with our lives, or escape the current reality we all so fondly know of.
      DawnEye11, Yumnش and LighrkVader like this.

      Gaea's Dream Journal & Statistics
      Click on my picture

    25. #25
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      Hukif's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      LD Count
      6584
      Gender
      Location
      México
      Posts
      4,123
      Likes
      1148
      DJ Entries
      94
      In regards to the first post, I disagree. None of these laws you gave were actually applicable to me and I know a lot of other people who don't get them applied to themselves either. Hell, I am agressive towards the dream at all times, so the "dream guides" end up becoming hostile towards me too XD

      The one post I can agree with the most, would be the last one. Though I stopped my experiments last time at number 4 since I couldn't collect enough data. If you need someone to collect more data, I'll be more than glad.

      p.d.: I don't mean in a "higher" realm, but rather in a personal realm
      DawnEye11 likes this.
      Creating a new persistent realm, claiming it and breaking the last seal I made back in the beggining of my journey are my goals right now

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Lucid Dreaming School Project: Survey (Lucid Dreamers Needed)
      By Xtaberry in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 10-25-2016, 08:34 PM
    2. Help needed from other lucid dreamers
      By LB82 in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 05-16-2012, 05:01 AM
    3. For the experienced lucid dreamers.
      By sonomacoma in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 12-03-2009, 09:57 PM
    4. Experienced Lucid Dreamers: Does this happen to you?
      By deepthinkergirl in forum Lucid Experiences
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 09-27-2009, 05:42 PM
    5. Experienced Lucid Dreamers, help?
      By topdogzero in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 02-09-2009, 07:49 PM

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •