• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Results 226 to 236 of 236
    Like Tree212Likes

    Thread: Age and Lucidity

    1. #226
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      lenscaper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      LD Count
      lots
      Gender
      Posts
      349
      Likes
      307
      DJ Entries
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by lenscaper View Post
      Throughout this journey lucid dreaming has been the engine that has driven a transformation..
      I wake up smiling every morning now. It was as if a switch was thrown four years ago in that first lucid dream and there was no going back to non-lucidity.

      I realize now, though, that it is actually relatively easy to become lucid in the dream state. I say "relatively" because the real trick is becoming lucid here in this waking state dream. In the dream state all is pretty obviously illusory, even though we definitely have to break through the reification. But we are there in an "illusory body". Once we realize that.....it's game on in the dream state!

      But now after establishing that unbroken continuity of consciousness between states, and having been given very real glimpses into the illusory nature of the waking state.....I am truly waking up.
      Attached Images
      The more I gaze....the more I crave to see

      When you next stand at cliff's edge....will you finally learn to fly?

    2. #227
      DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      FryingMan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      LD Count
      293
      Location
      The Present Moment
      Posts
      5,376
      Likes
      6835
      DJ Entries
      951
      Quote Originally Posted by lenscaper View Post
      I wake up smiling every morning now. It was as if a switch was thrown four years ago in that first lucid dream and there was no going back to non-lucidity.

      I realize now, though, that it is actually relatively easy to become lucid in the dream state. I say "relatively" because the real trick is becoming lucid here in this waking state dream. In the dream state all is pretty obviously illusory, even though we definitely have to break through the reification. But we are there in an "illusory body". Once we realize that.....it's game on in the dream state!

      But now after establishing that unbroken continuity of consciousness between states, and having been given very real glimpses into the illusory nature of the waking state.....I am truly waking up.
      Always love to read your updates! As for "easy" (hah!): years and years of incredible dedication, consistency, willpower, WBTBs, recording dreams. Daily meditation (so important). Super strong intent, and incredibly deep immersion into ancient writings, decades of energy work, and never giving up. Sleep and diet and daily life schedule like clockwork, iron-rigid bed and wake times....."easy!" Everything is required. Waking lucidity without intent doesn't do it alone. Meditation doesn't do it alone. It's the combination of extremely high intent, super regular schedule, all day lucidity, and the brain transformations that occur with daily meditation that takes effect over years.
      Sivason likes this.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      ďNo amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.Ē
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

    3. #228
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      lenscaper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      LD Count
      lots
      Gender
      Posts
      349
      Likes
      307
      DJ Entries
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by FryingMan View Post
      As for "easy" (hah!)
      Thought I might get your attention with that.

      I did say relatively easy compared to the challenge of getting lucid in the waking state. I'm thinking that dream lucidity may be a prerequisite for true lucidity in the waking state where everything seems so much more "real".

      In fact, it feels as though with classic "recreational" lucid dreaming we may be fooling ourselves a bit. Are we really just bringing our waking state awareness into the dream state? That waking state turns out to also be a dream. I have had glimpses of a deeper reality.

      Once we learn how to bring our waking state awareness into our dreams....to "wake up" in that sense, we can then take that ability back into the waking state and wake up even more. When we then take that somewhat transcendent awakening back into the dream state there are hidden depths to plumb.
      The more I gaze....the more I crave to see

      When you next stand at cliff's edge....will you finally learn to fly?

    4. #229
      DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      FryingMan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      LD Count
      293
      Location
      The Present Moment
      Posts
      5,376
      Likes
      6835
      DJ Entries
      951
      Quote Originally Posted by lenscaper View Post
      Thought I might get your attention with that.

      I did say relatively easy compared to the challenge of getting lucid in the waking state. I'm thinking that dream lucidity may be a prerequisite for true lucidity in the waking state where everything seems so much more "real".

      In fact, it feels as though with classic "recreational" lucid dreaming we may be fooling ourselves a bit. Are we really just bringing our waking state awareness into the dream state? That waking state turns out to also be a dream. I have had glimpses of a deeper reality.

      Once we learn how to bring our waking state awareness into our dreams....to "wake up" in that sense, we can then take that ability back into the waking state and wake up even more. When we then take that somewhat transcendent awakening back into the dream state there are hidden depths to plumb.
      I find waking state lucidity much easier, because in the waking state there is unimpaired access to memory. While perhaps at a deeper level what you write may be true, in the initial effort, it is definitely generating sleeping dream lucidity on a regular, frequent basis, that is the huge challenge.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      ďNo amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.Ē
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

    5. #230
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2023
      Posts
      7
      Likes
      4
      I've had spontaneous lucid dreams all of my life OP. I'm over 70 and they still happen a half a dozen time a year or so.

      However, regarding training yourself to become lucid? My primary issue is - remembering. Short term memory is an issue. However, the activities to practice that lead to lucid dreaming I feel should actually help develop better memory. "Use it or lose it" applies here I believe.
      FryingMan likes this.

    6. #231
      DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      FryingMan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      LD Count
      293
      Location
      The Present Moment
      Posts
      5,376
      Likes
      6835
      DJ Entries
      951
      Quote Originally Posted by SimulateReality View Post
      I've had spontaneous lucid dreams all of my life OP. I'm over 70 and they still happen a half a dozen time a year or so.

      However, regarding training yourself to become lucid? My primary issue is - remembering. Short term memory is an issue. However, the activities to practice that lead to lucid dreaming I feel should actually help develop better memory. "Use it or lose it" applies here I believe.
      Lenscaper is a very good practitioner to follow, his progress and achievements are nothing short of amazing! It shows the heights that even us old guys can reach if we're dedicated and consistent!
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      ďNo amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.Ē
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

    7. #232
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      lenscaper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      LD Count
      lots
      Gender
      Posts
      349
      Likes
      307
      DJ Entries
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by SimulateReality View Post
      ........regarding training yourself to become lucid? My primary issue is - remembering.
      Journaling, of course, right? I just counted my 9x12 note pads of dream journals over the last 4+ years....37.

      I appreciate those kind words FryingMan.

      My practice has taken an incredibly powerful turn of late. After three years or so of working diligently with the specific breathing protocols that allow for the dissolution of the connection to the coarse physical body, particularly and most powerfully during WBTB, it is as if a last piece has clicked into place. I dream all night now conscious and aware and in the morning it is as if I am just walking into another dream when I open my eyes.
      Voldmer and FryingMan like this.
      The more I gaze....the more I crave to see

      When you next stand at cliff's edge....will you finally learn to fly?

    8. #233
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      lenscaper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      LD Count
      lots
      Gender
      Posts
      349
      Likes
      307
      DJ Entries
      6
      The practice of Dream Yoga is a slightly deeper dive into Lucid Dreaming, right? Dream Yoga will inevitably lead one to the conclusion that, since the waking state is just as illusory as the dream state, and we can change the dream state through Dream Yoga practice.......we can also change the waking state. This is where we start to use these practices to change our lives.

      If you are interested in working on that realization that the waking state and the dream state are equally illusory, here is something that has helped me.

      When I get up in the night to journal a particularly clear dream I first reach for the a moment of clarity that I had during the day. In that WBTB mindset, that waking state moment becomes very dreamlike.......so I journal that first. Entries in my dream journal these days come from both states.
      The more I gaze....the more I crave to see

      When you next stand at cliff's edge....will you finally learn to fly?

    9. #234
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      lenscaper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      LD Count
      lots
      Gender
      Posts
      349
      Likes
      307
      DJ Entries
      6

      Waking Dream Lucidity

      I am realizing more and more that what we experience as the waking state can be seen and experienced as the dream of a Universal Mind which we are, of course, an integral part.

      Within that perspective lucid dreaming is just a start............an excellent practice for training our minds. Lucidity in that waking dream state becomes a truly worthy next stage goal. That is when the real cool stuff begins to happen.
      The more I gaze....the more I crave to see

      When you next stand at cliff's edge....will you finally learn to fly?

    10. #235
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Box77's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      LD Count
      In DV +216
      Gender
      Location
      In a Universe
      Posts
      975
      Likes
      1117
      DJ Entries
      83
      Hi!
      It has been a while since I donít join the forum.

      Well, Iím getting closer to my 50ís (Just a couple of years), started to get induced lucids during my 30ís together with the birth of my first kid. It was then when I got most of my experiences. Before that time, I sporadically had non-induced lucids and some other amazing dream experiences. When I was getting into my 40ís, I had to break my sleep pattern because of work, even then I was able to have some lucids, but it turned to be a very stressful activity because of my daily routine that finally ended when I had to forget about my dream world for a while. After that, things changed in a way that I was able to get back from time to time into my dreams but lacking lucidity. My kids on the other hand, are a blast of lucid dreams, but their puberty doesnít allow us to exchange much experiences, almost null.
      It has been a while since Iím trying to get back into lucidity with no success. Thereís something missing but I donít know what is it. I just donít want it to become a stressful activity again. Thought about yoga but Iím not that ritualized. My dream journal get entries from very long time to very long time, when I have time to write or dictate to my phone.
      I get to remember some dreams but because of my time for sleep is too short and my waking up routine doesnít include any possibility for a DJ entry, all mind blowing experiences will be kept for my self to enjoy them remembering them for a while, unless I find a spot for a DJ entry. Sometimes I read some entries from my early youth and still want to get back there but donít know how without stressing my life again.

      In other words, I may have been losing my lucidity with the years. Or simply I lost the connection of both worlds.
      Last edited by Box77; 05-25-2023 at 05:44 PM.

    11. #236
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      lenscaper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      LD Count
      lots
      Gender
      Posts
      349
      Likes
      307
      DJ Entries
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by Box77 View Post
      Sometimes I read some entries from my early youth and still want to get back there but donít know how without stressing my life again.

      In other words, I may have been losing my lucidity with the years. Or simply I lost the connection of both worlds.
      When it comes to lucid dream practice you have to be careful sometimes to not push the river.

      This hit me very hard in my late 60's and I was able to immerse myself into it completely. If it had come to me 20 years previous to that it would have been very difficult for me to fully immerse myself into it.

      Keep it on the back burner but keep your dream journal handy. You never know....sometimes when we let things go a little they come back even stronger in their own time and of their own accord.
      The more I gaze....the more I crave to see

      When you next stand at cliff's edge....will you finally learn to fly?

    Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 03-14-2013, 11:08 PM
    2. Real Lucidity vs Faux Lucidity?
      By TsyalMakto in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 07-14-2011, 01:50 AM
    3. Lucidity [and lucidity induction] questions
      By metaphysical in forum Attaining Lucidity
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 08-28-2010, 12:53 AM
    4. from spontaneous lucidity to induced lucidity
      By Asclepius in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 12-16-2005, 12:52 AM
    5. Lucidity vs. Super High Lucidity
      By DreamWeaver in forum Attaining Lucidity
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 08-16-2004, 04:37 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •