• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 43
    Like Tree153Likes

    Thread: DV and LD4ALL

    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class
      Arra's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Posts
      3,838
      Likes
      3886
      DJ Entries
      50

      DV and LD4ALL

      I found this thread at LD4ALL which is somewhat irritating. Also, DreamBliss has posted at the bottom, raging on nina for being a cruel mod. Some quotes from that thread (not all from the same person):

      Spoiler for Quotes from linked thread:

      DreamBliss himself seems unaware of the hacking situation at DV, not that it matters now. I suppose I've never been a member of another LDing forum, so I don't know whether the ideas expressed have any basis.

      It angers me a lot, because to me, DV is like a big 'family' (for lack of a better word). That "not every forum needs to feel like family" comment pissed me off more than anything. The hacking situation has made me feel that to be true more than usual. Although, if I separate myself I realise I may be experiencing some sort of 'hive mentality' and so perhaps my antagonistic feelings are irrational.

    2. #2
      gab
      USA gab is offline
      Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      gab's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      LD Count
      306 events
      Gender
      Location
      California Republic
      Posts
      9,575
      Likes
      10556
      DJ Entries
      783
      I didn't read the entire thread on LD4ALL yet, but did check out the post by pdiddles03 and I'm shocked at some replies he got, mainly first couple of them. I don't think anybody would feel good if he got mean replies like that.

      On the other hand, I think it's an exception from the rule, because DV is one of the most friendly and helpfull forums out there.
      I go and read the rest of the post on LD4ALL now.

    3. #3
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <s><span class='glow_9ACD32'>DeletePlease</span></s>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Posts
      2,685
      Likes
      2883
      DJ Entries
      12
      Why do people seem to think we have a problem with trolls on this board? I can't think of a single person here who actually goes out of their way to act like one. Sure we have a few members that like to put things rather bluntly (Xei, greenhavoc, etc) but they're merely voicing their honest opinions, not trolling. No one really gets their ideas bashed on here unless they truly are being ridiculous. The only difference between DV and most other dreaming sites is the fact that, for the most part, we're a little more secular and "down to earth," while most other sites are full of "spiritual" hippies who feel that their outlandish theories should be taken seriously (when they really shouldn't).
      Xei, pointofbeing, Zhaylin and 6 others like this.

    4. #4
      Sleeping Dragon juroara's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Gender
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      3,865
      Likes
      1171
      DJ Entries
      144
      Quote Originally Posted by GavinGill View Post
      Why do people seem to think we have a problem with trolls on this board? I can't think of a single person here who actually goes out of their way to act like one. Sure we have a few members that like to put things rather bluntly (Xei, greenhavoc, etc) but they're merely voicing their honest opinions, not trolling. No one really gets their ideas bashed on here unless they truly are being ridiculous. The only difference between DV and most other dreaming sites is the fact that, for the most part, we're a little more secular and "down to earth," while most other sites are full of "spiritual" hippies who feel that their outlandish theories should be taken seriously (when they really shouldn't).
      Dreamviews mostly secular? Thats your opinion.

      Most people I talk to on this forum are those "spiritual hippies" who get bashed for simply sharing their worldviews

    5. #5
      Banned
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      LD Count
      Counts fingers
      Gender
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      4,118
      Likes
      4859
      DJ Entries
      111
      Seems there is some confusion over there.

      Dreamviews.com hacked - DV members, change your passwords


      pasQuale:
      It got to my attention that DV got hacked. (not including the link here for security reasons).

      If you are a member of both DV and LD4all I advise you strongly to immediately change your LD4all password if you use the same one for both forums.

      more info here:
      Dreamviews.com Domain Hijacked : LucidDreaming dreamviewscom_domain_hijacked/

      (paste link in your browser if you can't click it.)
      __________________________________________________ ______________________

      Yesac5678:
      Due to them being hacked they pretty much shut down the web site, and while this is still an amazing website, my favorite dream induction technique probably died with the site.
      Pensive Patrick:
      Hi guys, I'm a regular at Dreamviews which is currently hacked. The version up at the moment is fake and has been for ten days to farm passwords I believe. I don't really know anything else, just wondering if there are any other DVers around here who might know anything more about it? Kinda wondering what to do and when it's gonna come back up.
      Zhaylin likes this.

    6. #6
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class
      Arra's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Posts
      3,838
      Likes
      3886
      DJ Entries
      50
      Quote Originally Posted by GavinGill View Post
      Sure we have a few members that like to put things rather bluntly (Xei, greenhavoc, etc) but they're merely voicing their honest opinions, not trolling. No one really gets their ideas bashed on here unless they truly are being ridiculous.
      Xei is blunt and even his apparent trolling has reason. But I honestly think greenhavoc's purpose is to troll, to upset people. It's just usually intertwined with enough honesty to be overlooked.

      Quote Originally Posted by juroara View Post
      Dreamviews mostly secular? Thats your opinion.
      I think it's mostly secular. Beyond Dreaming and The Inner Sanctum constitute the forum's little corner of those who believe spiritual stuff. If you spend most of your time there I see why you'd think there were a lot of people like that on the forum, but if you did spend more time on the rest of the forum you'd see that it is quite secular.

      Quote Originally Posted by melanieb View Post
      Seems there is some confusion over there.

      Dreamviews.com hacked - DV members, change your passwords
      Could someone with an account on ld4all please post in that thread to the inform them that we are still here? Also that they should be concerned with changing all of their passwords, not just their ld4all one, as though that's something the hackers would be the least bit interested in.
      Last edited by Dianeva; 02-26-2012 at 12:16 AM.
      Zhaylin and Ctharlhie like this.

    7. #7
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>saltyseedog</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      LD Count
      eternally
      Gender
      Location
      land of the lost pets
      Posts
      2,380
      Likes
      1520
      DJ Entries
      15
      Rofl
      Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake

    8. #8
      Temperance Advocate Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Signet's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2011
      LD Count
      VIII
      Gender
      Location
      The Great Plains
      Posts
      489
      Likes
      254
      DJ Entries
      28
      Well, here's one vote for Dreamviews! If we're an internet community-family, then call me bro and wish me good luck on getting that next lucid!
      Zhaylin and Anthonyyy0 like this.
      Try to imagine a life without timekeeping. You probably canít. You know the month, the year, the day of the week; you have a schedule, a calendar... Yet all around you, timekeeping is ignored. Birds are not late. A dog does not check its watch. Deer do not fret over passing birthdays. Man alone measures time. Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures.
      A fear of time running out.

    9. #9
      Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      4,571
      Likes
      1070
      My opinion on this matter is completely unbiased.
      Zhaylin and Dianeva like this.

    10. #10
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Created Dream Journal Populated Wall Veteran First Class
      BobbyLance's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      LD Count
      ~200
      Posts
      1,089
      Likes
      658
      DJ Entries
      29
      Quote Originally Posted by Signet View Post
      ...then call me bro and wish me good luck on getting that next lucid! ...
      Known as Weakamon

    11. #11
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class
      Arra's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Posts
      3,838
      Likes
      3886
      DJ Entries
      50
      Quote Originally Posted by ♥Mark View Post
      My opinion on this matter is completely unbiased.
      lolzies. same.

    12. #12
      Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      4,571
      Likes
      1070
      ◕ ◡ ◕
      We're an unbiased lot here at DV. Not like those clowns on L4Dall. They're the biasedest people I've ever read a few posts of.
      Last edited by ♥Mark; 02-25-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spellig

    13. #13
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      Erii's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      LD Count
      4 ish a week
      Posts
      4,570
      Likes
      3475
      Quote Originally Posted by GavinGill View Post
      Why do people seem to think we have a problem with trolls on this board? I can't think of a single person here who actually goes out of their way to act like one. Sure we have a few members that like to put things rather bluntly (Xei, greenhavoc, etc) but they're merely voicing their honest opinions, not trolling. No one really gets their ideas bashed on here unless they truly are being ridiculous. The only difference between DV and most other dreaming sites is the fact that, for the most part, we're a little more secular and "down to earth," while most other sites are full of "spiritual" hippies who feel that their outlandish theories should be taken seriously (when they really shouldn't).
      And then there was Mayflow....
      From my rotting body,
      flowers shall grow
      and I am in them
      and that is eternity.
      -Edvard Munch



    14. #14
      khh
      khh is offline
      Remember Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      khh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Norway
      Posts
      2,482
      Likes
      1309
      Quote Originally Posted by Dianeva View Post
      I think it's mostly secular. Beyond Dreaming and The Inner Sanctum constitute the forum's little corner of those who believe spiritual stuff. If you spend most of your time there I see why you'd think there were a lot of people like that on the forum, but if you did spend more time on the rest of the forum you'd see that it is quite secular.
      And Deep Dreaming, which you need to be mod approved to get access to. A place without sceptics.
      April Ryan is my friend,
      Every sorrow she can mend.
      When i visit her dark realm,
      Does it simply overwhelm.

    15. #15
      Wololo Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Supernova's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      LD Count
      Gender
      Location
      Spiral out, keep going.
      Posts
      2,909
      Likes
      906
      DJ Entries
      10
      From the start I was always turned off by the sort of spiritual, mystic attitude that LD4ALL's design seems to emphasize, honestly I feel like that is the wrong approach here - if LaBerge hadn't painstakingly dragged lucid dreaming into the scope of scientific rigor, chances are none of us would be here discussing it. I have to admit that I'm not very familiar with the community, but some of this is not hard to gather. I am quite surprised by some of the things I'm reading in that thread, though.

      As I write this, I just noticed that the thread was about 6 months, and DreamBliss revived it to complain. I understand that more scientifically-minded people make up a majority of the population here, but I remember the thread he's talking about, and the arguments he put forth made little sense. There's a difference between having an honest opinion shunned, and simply making a weak argument and having its weakness pointed out to you.

      Also, I can't help but wonder if maybe the conception of DV as having a problem with trolls exists because we just give people a little more room to say what they feel like than some LD4All members are evidentally comfortable with. There is an interesting range of opinions here on many topics, and I cherish that, even if it does lead to some heated debates, because that really is the best way to clarify and sharpen your own views.

    16. #16
      Lucid Elder God Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Ctharlhie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      LD Count
      non-Euclidean
      Location
      R'lyeh
      Posts
      1,704
      Likes
      1673
      DJ Entries
      17
      Quote Originally Posted by Erii View Post
      And then there was Mayflow....
      God. Mayflow.
      Erii likes this.
      My Lucid Dreaming Articles/Tutorials:
      Mindfulness - An Alternative Approach to ADA
      Intent in Lucid Dreaming; Break that Dry-Spell, Escape the Technique Rut

      Always, no sometimes think it's me,
      But you know I know when it's a dream
      I think I know I mean a yes
      But it's all wrong
      That is I think I disagree

      -John Lennon


    17. #17
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      6,310
      Likes
      2026
      Mods and admins seem to get all the heat around here... What exactly is it, though?

      In regards to the OP, I personally don't find nina rude at all, she's just opinionated as with I and many other people. I remember that thread; there have been many other times when mods did something similar to that. And besides, if a normal member were to do it, they don't get blasted in the same manner as the mods, who should be just as allowed to voice their opinions as the rest of us.

      I've been following a few people who left Dreamviews over time and they consistently whine about how "staff is corrupt". Unfortunately for them, I haven't seen a case where the mods stepped too out of line. Sure, there may be a slip-up here and there, but they're human, not unsympathetic creeps.

      I've had my fair share of bitching and moaning, but I haven't been banned. It's only those who troll consistently or such - philosopher stuck around for a long time because people enjoyed some of his points, but they were so shrouded in nonsense that it was impossible for him to keep posting.

      Same with Loaf, who (honestly) I am so glad is gone. He is on his own little forum and blog, constantly posting rude things about DV in order to 'up' his site, including this little nugget about me...

      It just goes to show that once you remove a DV staff member like Puffin from the sanctuary of DV, they are revealed as babbling idiots.
      It's not like people are being banned left and right, and there are no conspiracies. This whole thing about DV being "corrupt" just got blown out of proportion, who knows why.

      As for the community in general, I have no idea where that came from. We seem friendlier and more diverse than any other LDing group out there, and we also seem more open to ideas and look like more of a "science" based site than LD4all (among others).

    18. #18
      ├┼┼┼┼┤
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Equestria
      Posts
      6,315
      Likes
      1190
      DJ Entries
      1
      To be fair, nina can be pretty mean. Certainly not my favourite of the staff.

      wild edit: but she has gotten nicer over the years as well.
      Last edited by Marvo; 02-26-2012 at 01:12 AM.

      ---------
      Lost count of how many lucid dreams I've had
      ---------

    19. #19
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class
      Arra's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Posts
      3,838
      Likes
      3886
      DJ Entries
      50
      I see that Loaf has responded to the ld4all thread since this thread started.
      On a side-note, I really dislike the layout of their forum. The posting space is confined to the middle and is too narrow. I think that would get annoying.

      Quote Originally Posted by Marvo View Post
      To be fair, nina can be pretty mean. Certainly not my favourite of the staff.
      I find she's usually quite sensible and her actions are usually reasonable. There are a few exceptions.... I admit there have been cases in which she's closed a thread or moved it to SB when it wasn't necessary, in my opinion.

      I am a bit annoyed that DreamBliss decided to put such emphasis on the fact that she's a female mod, and mentions that she acts like no female he's ever met or would ever like to meet. The emphasis on her gender brings to the surface a bias which I suspect others are afflicted with when it comes to judging nina in particular. Females are not expected to act as assertive as she does, and because of this, I doubt that there would be as many negative judgements toward her if she were male. I don't think it's a huge issue, and I could be wrong, it's just an idea I've decided to share.

      Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
      There is an interesting range of opinions here on many topics, and I cherish that, even if it does lead to some heated debates, because that really is the best way to clarify and sharpen your own views.
      I agree. DV attracts many interesting people. I admit I'm not fond of everyone, but it keeps things interesting and human. If the moderation were too strict, if no one was allowed to argue and everyone put on a superficial 'nice' mask all the time, as it seems they do at ld4all to some extent (from the little I've read), I would not find it very enjoyable.

      Quote Originally Posted by khh View Post
      And Deep Dreaming, which you need to be mod approved to get access to. A place without sceptics.
      That sounds fun.

      Last edited by Dianeva; 02-26-2012 at 02:19 AM.

    20. #20
      gab
      USA gab is offline
      Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      gab's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      LD Count
      306 events
      Gender
      Location
      California Republic
      Posts
      9,575
      Likes
      10556
      DJ Entries
      783
      I, personally don't see any truth in posts talking about corruption on this site. I'm drawn here by the exact opposite - by friendlines, willingness to help and by wast knowledge of members and mods about everything related to LDing. I just felt I have to say that to counter-balance the negative stuff.

    21. #21
      Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      4,571
      Likes
      1070
      Quote Originally Posted by Dianeva View Post
      I am a bit annoyed that DreamBliss decided to put such emphasis on the fact that she's a female mod, and mentions that she acts like no female he's ever met or would ever like to meet. The emphasis on her gender brings to the surface a bias which I suspect others are afflicted with when it comes to judging nina in particular. Females are not expected to act as assertive as she does, and because of this, I doubt that there would be as many negative judgements toward her if she were male. I don't think it's a huge issue, and I could be wrong, it's just an idea I've decided to share.
      I think you might be right. I was getting that impression, too.

    22. #22
      Wololo Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Supernova's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      LD Count
      Gender
      Location
      Spiral out, keep going.
      Posts
      2,909
      Likes
      906
      DJ Entries
      10
      Quote Originally Posted by Dianeva View Post
      I agree. DV attracts many interesting people. I admit I'm not fond of everyone, but it keeps things interesting and human. If the moderation were too strict, if no one was allowed to argue and everyone put on a superficial 'nice' mask all the time, as it seems they do at ld4all to some extent (from the little I've read), I would not find it very enjoyable.
      I found myself wondering if maybe that is the case at LD4All. There aren't really many things that bug me more than the superficial 'nice' mask as you so aptly put it. There's some people in the DV community, both past and present, that I can say I'm not a fan of, but that I'm glad are here because of the views they bring. The quality of discussion and thought that I find here is unmatched in any other part of my life.

      Also, I'd like to throw in my two cents and say that I can't think of a time that I observed Nina doing anything seriously objectionable. I think she does as good a job as anyone could ask.
      Puffin and Dianeva like this.

    23. #23
      Banned
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      LD Count
      Counts fingers
      Gender
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      4,118
      Likes
      4859
      DJ Entries
      111
      I agree with this thread. Enough said by me.
      Alyzarin likes this.

    24. #24
      Member nina's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Gender
      Posts
      10,788
      Likes
      2583
      DJ Entries
      17
      Quote Originally Posted by Dianeva View Post
      I am a bit annoyed that DreamBliss decided to put such emphasis on the fact that she's a female mod, and mentions that she acts like no female he's ever met or would ever like to meet. The emphasis on her gender brings to the surface a bias which I suspect others are afflicted with when it comes to judging nina in particular. Females are not expected to act as assertive as she does, and because of this, I doubt that there would be as many negative judgements toward her if she were male. I don't think it's a huge issue, and I could be wrong, it's just an idea I've decided to share.
      You are completely right about this.

      I have been hoping we'd get some additional female moderators for awhile now, because it's glaringly obvious at least to me, that some people are just unable to accept or respect women in positions of authority, especially online, which is like...man's domain...lol.

      ...and I don't want to have to be the only one always getting called the bitch. But I also wouldn't claim that the only reason I may be labeled as "bitchy" is due to me being a female moderator. There's plenty about my personality in general that might lead others to think such things. I always speak my mind, often times not bothering to censor my thoughts or sugar coat my words to make them more palatable. I have gotten much better in responding to people that break rules, upset/annoy me, or try to attack me personally. I used to just post a response when I was still all emotional about it...but now if someone, for example, if a newish member here starts campaigning to have me thrown out as a mod...I just close the laptop and remember it's not the end of the world. I take a few minutes, hours, whatever you need...to calm down and let go of any emotional attachment.

      Online, a lot of times I unintentionally offend people. For me, being on DV is freedom, because I can be myself completely, and you either love me or you hate me. Also the fact that out of every current DG, MOD, ADMIN, and even 2 of 3 of the Owners....I have been on staff here the longest. So clearly, I must be doing something right. So it is upsetting to read what DreamBliss wrote in a really rude PM to me that he was going to report me and contact the owner and file an official complaint and have him remove me from staff (b/c I moved his thread to SB lol). The best part? The very next day he sends me another long PM apologizing to me for how he handled things, and that he will not try to have me taken off staff etc. etc. And I have to deal with that sort of thing quite often, so it does become tiresome, and is enough to make anyone a little moody/irritated. So I do get moody/bitchy sometimes online, because people get shiity with me when I'm just trying to do my job. IRL I'm way more nonchalant and aloof, and prefer to obviate any conflict wherever I can.

      Quote Originally Posted by Supernova
      Also, I'd like to throw in my two cents and say that I can't think of a time that I observed Nina doing anything seriously objectionable. I think she does as good a job as anyone could ask.
      I appreciate that.

    25. #25
      Lucid Elder God Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Ctharlhie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      LD Count
      non-Euclidean
      Location
      R'lyeh
      Posts
      1,704
      Likes
      1673
      DJ Entries
      17
      I joined LD4All a while back, and found navigation to be a pain the ass and the discussion stale. In terms of web design they're stuck in the 90s, in terms of their thinking on dreams they're stuck in the 70s.

      Everyone who matters thinks you're awesome, Nina
      nina, pointofbeing, Puffin and 4 others like this.
      My Lucid Dreaming Articles/Tutorials:
      Mindfulness - An Alternative Approach to ADA
      Intent in Lucid Dreaming; Break that Dry-Spell, Escape the Technique Rut

      Always, no sometimes think it's me,
      But you know I know when it's a dream
      I think I know I mean a yes
      But it's all wrong
      That is I think I disagree

      -John Lennon


    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. What did you think of ld4all forum?
      By Alric in forum The Lounge
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 10-08-2004, 01:39 PM
    2. LD4ALL
      By Technodreamer in forum The Lounge
      Replies: 43
      Last Post: 08-23-2004, 06:43 PM
    3. LD4all
      By odd2k in forum The Lounge
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 07-07-2004, 01:44 AM

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •