• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Results 51 to 75 of 1729
    Like Tree1278Likes

    Thread: What happened? Post Your WILD Attempts, Good or Bad, Here

    1. #51
      high mileage oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Sageous's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      LD Count
      35+ Yrs' Worth
      Gender
      Location
      any quiet place
      Posts
      4,851
      Likes
      6790
      Quote Originally Posted by RareCola View Post
      I think I almost succeeded at a DEILD this morning. I had a DILD which ended after 2 seconds of realising it was a dream, so I laid there and tried re-entry with DEILD. I think I came close because I had that same "numbing" feeling sweep over me, and I had ridiculously vivid HI of a tiger for some reason. I think the noise in my house combined with my excitement of almost entering a dream from the waking state made me fail though, because I quickly lost it.
      First, nice try!

      Now: HI doesn't usually manifest in DEILD, so that tiger was likely a DC ... try to keep in mind that any image is part of dream re-entry, and work with it.

      More on DEILD in the next session...

    2. #52
      high mileage oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Sageous's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      LD Count
      35+ Yrs' Worth
      Gender
      Location
      any quiet place
      Posts
      4,851
      Likes
      6790
      Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
      I was really bored, at about 2:50 PM, so I decided to give WILD a go, even thought it wasn't the optimal time for it. You can do WILD during a nap, right? Anyway, I laid there for about 20 minutes, but there were too many noises and distractions in my house to concentrate, so I gave up. I'm going to try legitimately tonight, though, with a WBTB.
      Well, at least it was on your mind, Taffy! It was good that you gave up quickly, because, given the circumstances -- no prep an attempting long after your last sleep cycle ended -- a successful WILD likely wasn't in your stars.

      Good luck though with the well-planned and well-timed version tonight!

    3. #53
      Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      5
      Likes
      2
      So i tried to WILD today about 10 minutes after i woke up since i was still a bit drowsy (not WBTB, just waking up for the day). I'm not sure it was a very good time for it since i heard you should attempt WILD either during WBTB or during an afternoon nap a while after you've awakened for the day. Anyways i started out by getting comfortable on my back and saying my mantra "I am lucid, the world is vivid"(too long?). After about 5-10 mins of laying still i started to feel my legs and my arms tingle and after a while longer they become heavy and numb. Soon i start to feel multiple sensations. I felt things like i was about to start floating and every now and then i lose concentration and start to daydream. When i do i start to hear this ringing, or maybe more of buzzing in my ears. Whenever i feel these things i always snap back into attention but i get too excited because i feel like I'm about to enter SP and the feeling ends up going away.

      I probably did multiple things wrong, first of which was the time of the attempt. I was a bit drowsy but i think i still may have been too awake to try this.

      Anyways thanks for reading, any suggestions you could give would be greatly appreciated

    4. #54
      high mileage oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Sageous's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      LD Count
      35+ Yrs' Worth
      Gender
      Location
      any quiet place
      Posts
      4,851
      Likes
      6790
      ^^ Yes, you may have done a few things wrong, kmrada, but at least your heart was in the right place, and that's half the battle!

      First, yes, your timing may have been off, because you really want to ave some "sleep" left in you when you attempt WILD (hence WBTB). For the same reason, attempting WILD in the afternoon is not the best idea, simply because you might have trouble getting to REM.

      Next, that is a pretty hefty mantra, but if you split it by saying "I am lucid," on your "in" breath, and "The world is vivid" on your "out" breath, it ought to work fine. Also, be sure that all that means something specific to you -- it is a little general.

      Finally, and I suspect most importantly, you seemed to be paying a bit too much attention to the "noise." All those physical sensations are just distractions, just things that go on every time you go to sleep at night; try to ignore them, and try also to remember that SP is just another noise, another distraction, on the way to your dream -- it is not a thing to be entered.

      You might consider reviewing the sessions of my course, especially the "Timing" and "Notes About the Noise" sessions; they might help.

      Good luck!

    5. #55
      Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      5
      Likes
      2
      Thanks for the helpful suggestions Sageous! I'll take in everything you said and review your sessions then make a more prepared attempt when time allows.
      Sageous likes this.

    6. #56
      State Alchemist Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Beefer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      LD Count
      50+
      Gender
      Posts
      338
      Likes
      217
      DJ Entries
      2
      Well I am not sure if it is a WILD or a DEILD ,but for the first time I was able to go from wake state to dream state while being aware. So I WBTB 3 times this night (and morning ). The first time was something like after 4 hours I guess and I didn't even remember any dream at all (maybe just a fragment) , the second was something like after 5-6 hours and I am not quite sure about the last one. So at the last time I woke up after a short lucid dream . I decided to change my position and after moving a little between my back to my side I found a position I was comfortable with and stayed with it. I affixed my mantra : "know where you came from , and where you are going" (in my language it is quite shorter) to my breath (the first part on the inhalation and the second on the exhalation). I remember having a little itch ,but I decided to ignore it. Now that was the first part. On the second part I completely ignored everything around me. Maybe 'ignored' is the wrong word since it was more like I didn't care. My mind was completely blank without any inner monologue or random thought and my focus on anything around me was finally almost an absolute zero (credit for Sivason's diffuse vision). Even though, I knew I was there , I knew I existed through the whole process (I guess the RRCs payed well ). Now I didn't get much HI at all ,but I remember hearing HoN's music like before the battle starts (HoN is an online game that I play ,similar to Dota). Then I was sitting near a computer that didn't belong to me talking to a friend who snubs from computers about playing a video game. It was not really a high quality lucid dream and I even lost lucidity later after a false awakening and a RC which for some reason didn't work , but it is fine since I got what I wanted. I am not sure if it is a WILD or a DEILD since the time I waited seemed to be quite short so I am not sure if it just seemed that way or maybe it really was short. I also maybe exaggerating since I was conscious I was there so my mind was not completely blank ,but it kind of felt this way so in my term it was almost empty.
      Last edited by Beefer; 06-26-2012 at 05:27 PM.
      "Dream your dreams with your eyes closed, but live your dreams with your eyes open."

    7. #57
      Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      5
      Likes
      2
      Hey so i thought about what you said regarding me paying too much attention to the physical sensations and i thought to change my mantra to "I'm in control" to remind myself that everything I'm experiencing is normal and a product of my mind and body. Let me know what you think!

    8. #58
      Melting Rainbows Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      RareCola's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      LD Count
      24
      Gender
      Location
      United Kingdom
      Posts
      522
      Likes
      690
      DJ Entries
      18
      Failed WILD attempt this morning, think I got close again because I experienced the onset of sleep paralysis but I just ended up falling asleep, I went to bed quite late last night so I think I was just too tired.

      Although, I did wake up after a really crazy non-lucid and managed to achieve not one, but two DEILDs. My first time having multiple lucids in a single night and first successful attempt at DEILDing out of a non-lucid. Wrote more about it here: 26th June 2012 - Eighth & Ninth Lucid Dream [DEILD Chain] - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views
      Lunatide likes this.
      Check out my DreamViews Podcast with OpheliaBlue!

      The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary.

      No sailor controls the sea. Only a foolish sailor would say such a thing. Similarly, no lucid dreamer controls the dream.
      Like a sailor on the sea, we lucid dreamers direct our perceptual awareness within the larger state of dreaming.

    9. #59
      Member Sydney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      LD Count
      55
      Gender
      Location
      Over the rainbow.
      Posts
      1,095
      Likes
      321
      DJ Entries
      164
      Last night, I'm certain I was close. Laid down after a 20 minute WBTB (writing down dreams) and layed there for about.. 20 minutes. I remember feeling an odd warmness spreading up my left leg, and also some other small sensations (not vibrations though) like heaviness. But then I got to the point where I thought, "Gosh I wanna move so bad. I hate staying in this position. I wish I could move my neck a little, and swallow, and move my feet a little so it's in the coolness.."

      And then my stubbornness took a hold of me and I got up.

      And then I totally regret it the next morning.
      Lunatide likes this.
      Follow your dreams.


      DILD - 50 | DEILD - 3 | WILD - 1 | MILD - 1


      Previous Goal: Air bend
      Main Goal: Find my Dream Guide


      Spoiler for Goals:

    10. #60
      high mileage oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Sageous's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      LD Count
      35+ Yrs' Worth
      Gender
      Location
      any quiet place
      Posts
      4,851
      Likes
      6790
      Quote Originally Posted by Beefer View Post
      Well I am not sure if it is a WILD or a DEILD ,but for the first time I was able to go from wake state to dream state while being aware. So I WBTB something like 2-3 times this night (and morning ). The first time was something like after 4 hours I guess and I didn't even remember any dream at all (maybe just a fragment) , the second was something like after 5-6 hours and I am not quite sure about the last one. So at the last time I woke up after a short lucid dream . I decided to change my position and after moving a little between my back to my side I found a position I was comfortable with and stayed with it. I affixed my mantra : "know where you came from , and where you are going" (in my language it is quite shorter) to my breath (the first part on the inhalation and the second on the exhalation). I remember having a little itch ,but I decided to ignore it. Now that was the first part. On the second part I completely ignored everything around me. Maybe 'ignored' is the wrong word since it was more like I didn't care. My mind was completely blank without any inner monologue or random thought and my focus on anything around me was finally almost an absolute zero (credit for Sivason's diffuse vision). Even though, I knew I was there , I knew I existed through the whole process (I guess the RRCs payed well ). Now I didn't get much HI at all ,but I remember hearing HoN's music like before the battle starts (HoN is an online game that I play ,similar to Dota). Then I was sitting near a computer that didn't belong to me talking to a friend who snubs from computers about playing a video game. It was not really a high quality lucid dream and I even lost lucidity later after a false awakening and a RC which for some reason didn't work , but it is fine since I got what I wanted. I am not sure if it is a WILD or a DEILD since the time I waited seemed to be quite short so I am not sure if it just seemed that way or maybe it really was short. I also maybe exaggerating since I was conscious I was there so my mind was not completely blank ,but it kind of felt this way so in my term it was almost empty.
      Great work, Beefer; way to hold everything together! I would say that this was a WILD, because DEILD doesn't involve fully waking up, or shifting positions, or mantra. The real point here, I think, is that you kept your priorities straight and were rewarded with a LD... hopefully the next one will be a better time for you!
      Beefer likes this.

    11. #61
      high mileage oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Sageous's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      LD Count
      35+ Yrs' Worth
      Gender
      Location
      any quiet place
      Posts
      4,851
      Likes
      6790
      Quote Originally Posted by kmrada View Post
      Hey so i thought about what you said regarding me paying too much attention to the physical sensations and i thought to change my mantra to "I'm in control" to remind myself that everything I'm experiencing is normal and a product of my mind and body. Let me know what you think!
      That's a good mantra, as long as you don't find yourself arguing with it when the "noise" threatens your control!

    12. #62
      Artist in residence Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Highlander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Gender
      Posts
      779
      Likes
      1797
      DJ Entries
      322
      I have been following this thread for a little while, however I have not 'signed up' for a full committal to the course due to personal reasons at the moment. I have made a copy of the notes Sageous made and been doing a WILD routine for the last week or two (as a sort of 'relaxation exercise') after WBTB to give me a chance of a DILD if you know what I mean. So Sageous, I hope you don't mind me 'earwigging'. (An old CB phrase!)


      (Extract from today's journal - 26th June - whilst still fresh in my mind.)

      Basically I had less than 6 hours sleep today as I had to get up really early at 5.50am this morning. (Note: That is usually my WBTB starting time!)

      I finished what I had to do as I had to do some travelling, etc. this morning. I feel really tired. After a spot of lunch I feel really sleepy, up to the point where I’m virtually nodding off in front of the TV.

      Spoiler for WILD description on retiring at 1pm:

      I must have been still laying on my back, on the bed still when I did have the lucid dream. I remember seeing about 2-3 pigeons perched outside my bedroom window view. One was on a small tree or bush on the left where the fence is. This is a familiar scene just like in real life, except with a slight twist. One of these birds was in the garden or on the garage. I go to grab a folded up newspaper from off the TV. I seem to struggle as I can’t reach it properly at first. I go to open my window to shoo them off. As I do so I notice the plaster under the window inside has ‘blown’ due to dampness getting in. (It had been raining earlier in real life but my interior wall is fine.) The plasterwork looks really damp, shiny and looks like it has been painted a yellow colour. I think this is ‘odd’ but think nothing really of it. However then I notice how short or small I feel. I seem to be about 3 feet in height. I’m looking up, trying to open this window and I can’t reach the handle properly. It is a REALLY strange feeling to realise this happening as I thought to myself that I’m dreaming. I do a palm RC check which is a bit unconvincing. I walk by my wardrobe as I do the two finger nose pinch RC where I can still breathe which convinces me totally.

      I must wake up straight after just before 3pm trying to contemplate what had actually gone on in the last two hours.

      It is a small possibility that I simply ‘fell asleep’ and actually dreamt the later WILD stages? However it did seem ‘real’ and it was the furthest that I had ever got on an attempt, along with the FA in the middle and the LD in the end, as a standard DILD.

      I'm sorry for the TL;DR text, hence the spoiler, but I like to explain 'how I got there', etc. I like to show the math as well as the answer!
      Last edited by UToo; 06-26-2012 at 05:38 PM.

    13. #63
      high mileage oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Sageous's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      LD Count
      35+ Yrs' Worth
      Gender
      Location
      any quiet place
      Posts
      4,851
      Likes
      6790
      Quote Originally Posted by RareCola View Post
      Failed WILD attempt this morning, think I got close again because I experienced the onset of sleep paralysis but I just ended up falling asleep, I went to bed quite late last night so I think I was just too tired.

      Although, I did wake up after a really crazy non-lucid and managed to achieve not one, but two DEILDs. My first time having multiple lucids in a single night and first successful attempt at DEILDing out of a non-lucid. Wrote more about it here: 26th June 2012 - Eighth & Ninth Lucid Dream [DEILD Chain] - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views
      Here's the thing: you had a Lucid Dream! How you got there doesn't really matter; just that you arrived. And, since DEILD is a form of WILD, you sort of succeeded at WILD after all.

      Bottom line: Your intentions, expectations, and general desires drove you to success -- not the technique! So all the stuff you did to prepare for your initial WILD attempt stayed with you until you had a successful DEILD (from the more difficult starting point of a non-lucid, no less! I personally would not call that a failure.
      RareCola likes this.

    14. #64
      high mileage oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Sageous's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      LD Count
      35+ Yrs' Worth
      Gender
      Location
      any quiet place
      Posts
      4,851
      Likes
      6790
      Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
      Last night, I'm certain I was close. Laid down after a 20 minute WBTB (writing down dreams) and layed there for about.. 20 minutes. I remember feeling an odd warmness spreading up my left leg, and also some other small sensations (not vibrations though) like heaviness. But then I got to the point where I thought, "Gosh I wanna move so bad. I hate staying in this position. I wish I could move my neck a little, and swallow, and move my feet a little so it's in the coolness.."And then my stubbornness took a hold of me and I got up. And then I totally regret it the next morning.
      Sydney, maybe you should take some time during waking life to find a position that you can comfortably sustain for a long time. Do a little experimenting simply by holding still in a few different positions to find the one that "holds still" longest before your body gets anxious.
      Sydney likes this.

    15. #65
      high mileage oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Sageous's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      LD Count
      35+ Yrs' Worth
      Gender
      Location
      any quiet place
      Posts
      4,851
      Likes
      6790
      Welcome, RobStar!

      Quote Originally Posted by RobStar View Post
      It is a small possibility that I simply fell asleep; and actually dreamt the later WILD stages? However it did seem real; and it was the furthest that I had ever got on an attempt, along with the FA in the middle and the LD in the end, as a standard DILD.
      Sadly, it is more than possible that you just dreamt the later WILD stages ... also, that brief gap in awareness ("I must have been lying on my back, etc") just before the pigeons hints that this was a DILD -- which of course is not a bad thing.

      I read your entire post, and it looks like you made a good effort, and had all the pieces in place ... so I guess that your mind rewarded you with brief lucidity even though your body refused a WILD.

      Thanks for sharing!
      UToo likes this.

    16. #66
      Artist in residence Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Highlander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Gender
      Posts
      779
      Likes
      1797
      DJ Entries
      322
      Thanks for the reply Sageous. Thanks for reading my post.

      Like you say I don't think it was a 'pure' textbook WILD, probably far from it, but it was an experience. I'm about 80 to 90 percent certain that I went through the transition stages, rather than dreaming it all. However like you say it's best not to concentrate on them.

      The only way to prove it to myself 100 percent is to have another go!

      Yes I also agree on the DILD explanation due to having the FA beforehand. However if I had not followed up with another RC then it would have been another FA as I was in my bedroom.
      I would say to anyone who has 'bedroom' type dreams to try and do some form of RC check as you never know.

      I think that I have learnt alot about myself from this, and previous attempts. I feel that I have broken down the mental barriers, etc. I think the key is not to give up and not force the issue. The mantras help also.

      Thanks again.
      Last edited by UToo; 06-26-2012 at 07:51 PM.
      Sageous likes this.

    17. #67
      Member Strit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      LD Count
      2012: 17
      Gender
      Location
      Copenhagen
      Posts
      55
      Likes
      15
      Hi Sageous and fellow students

      I did two WILD attempts: One this night and one the night before.

      First:
      Went to bed at 11pm and woke for WBTB at 2am. I was sitting up in bed while writing in my journal and then went to the toilet. I set my intention and lay down in my favourite sleeping position and started reciting my mantra in my head. But I think I only managed to say it 4-5 times and then I was asleep. (Then I had a nonlucid where I was trying to WILD while walking with a super marked trolley. And then I had a nonlucid about trying to convince a friend to do a WILD with me and we had to wear bicycle helmets. And then I had a nonlucid about all the WILDs I had been during this night). I woke again at 4am and decided to give it another try. I felt more awake this time, after using half an hour on DJ'ing, but again I fell asleep almost straight away.

      Second:
      I decided to try a new WILD while laying on my back so that I would not fall asleep so quickly (I never sleep on my back). I went to bed at midnight and woke for WBTB at 4am. This time I didn't get out of bed and I didn't remember any dreams to write down (which is rare for these night awakenings) but I sat up in bed for a while doing some stretching. I sat intention and then lay down on my back and started reciting my mantra just like yesterday. Again I could only say it 4-5 times before loosing it, but instead of falling asleep I jerked awake. I'm not sure if jerk is the right word to describe it, 'cause it wasn't a movement. Maybe I just forgot to say my mantra, without falling asleep, and then I suddenly remembered that I was suppose to be concentrating and started the mantra again. Or maybe it was like when I drift off while meditating and it feels like a suction in my stomach and then I realise that I'm meditating.
      For some reason it was really hard to do this (like I really wanted to sleep but weren't allowed to even though I was trying to fall asleep) and I had a sore throat that suddenly felt much much worse than it did during the day, so after about half an hour I gave up and rolled over to my side to sleep.


      This made my wonder: Which position is best? The one in which I normally fall asleep and in which I can barely keep awake for 5 seconds after laying down (on my side)? Or the one in which I have troubles falling asleep (on my side)?

      I definitely have problem with concentration and awareness (I don't need you to tell me that ) but at least, to look at the bright side, my recall was better than usual. That's something, I suppose.

    18. #68
      high mileage oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Sageous's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      LD Count
      35+ Yrs' Worth
      Gender
      Location
      any quiet place
      Posts
      4,851
      Likes
      6790
      ^^ Those were both fine attempts, Strit. Though you didn't get lucid, those dreams about being lucid (I hate it when that happens!) are sure signs that your head is in the right place. Also, it was good to see your mantra doing its job in your second attempt. Aside from what you already pointed out -- that you still need to work on concentration and awareness (definitely the hardest bits), it seems you're on the right path.

      Which position is best? Honestly, you'll need to do some experimentation for yourself, because everyone is different. I've found that WILD's work best for me when I'm on my back -- though I have to keep my head turned to one side to avoid snoring. The sleep yogis (did I already say this?) suggest that women could also sleep on their left side (with their left hand under their head, right hand on hip), if that matters. Also, though you should try a few sleep positions, you might start out by working from the position in which you most easily fall asleep -- that would shorten the difficult parts of WILD, if you can learn to maintain awareness.

    19. #69
      Member Strit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      LD Count
      2012: 17
      Gender
      Location
      Copenhagen
      Posts
      55
      Likes
      15
      I didn't actually dream that I was lucid, maybe that was unclear. I just dreamt about unsuccessful WILD attempts

      So what you're saying about positions is that the fact that I normally fall asleep very quickly is actually to my advantage in a WILD, if I can just keep aware?

    20. #70
      high mileage oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Sageous's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      LD Count
      35+ Yrs' Worth
      Gender
      Location
      any quiet place
      Posts
      4,851
      Likes
      6790
      Quote Originally Posted by Strit View Post
      So what you're saying about positions is that the fact that I normally fall asleep very quickly is actually to my advantage in a WILD, if I can just keep aware?
      Yes. With WILD, if you naturally fall asleep quickly, you're definitely ahead of the game! The less time it takes to fall asleep means the less time you have to work to hold together your awareness. In a sense, if you fall asleep quickly, WILD's are that much closer to you than if it takes a while. That may sound simplistic, but it is true.
      Strit likes this.

    21. #71
      Walrus Komisoft's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      LD Count
      Lost count.
      Gender
      Location
      England
      Posts
      371
      Likes
      277
      DJ Entries
      86
      Every morning at 4am, I wake up and I go back to sleep. Is there anything that can help movitate me? I never feel refreshed early in the morning, and I just go back to sleep. Am I waking up too early? It's 5 hours after I sleep, so I guess I have found a decent WBTB time.

    22. #72
      Walrus Komisoft's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      LD Count
      Lost count.
      Gender
      Location
      England
      Posts
      371
      Likes
      277
      DJ Entries
      86
      Quote Originally Posted by RareCola View Post
      Failed WILD attempt this morning, think I got close again because I experienced the onset of sleep paralysis but I just ended up falling asleep, I went to bed quite late last night so I think I was just too tired.

      Although, I did wake up after a really crazy non-lucid and managed to achieve not one, but two DEILDs. My first time having multiple lucids in a single night and first successful attempt at DEILDing out of a non-lucid. Wrote more about it here: 26th June 2012 - Eighth & Ninth Lucid Dream [DEILD Chain] - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views
      Damn, you seem to be good at LDing now. Last time I spoke to you properly, you had not even had a single lucid now you're 6 ahead of me. Nice
      RareCola likes this.

    23. #73
      And Dream of Sheep. isthisit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      LD Count
      14
      Gender
      Location
      UK
      Posts
      320
      Likes
      141
      DJ Entries
      37
      Hey guys. I had my first successful WILD last night. I have attempted it many times, sometimes getting SP but never a lucid dream.

      I think I was too 'awake' before. Last night I was very tired, I slept naturally, and when I awoke after a dream, I recorded my dream in my DJ, then went to the toilet and back to bed. I lay on my side (my position of choice) and rested. While I did, I thought of my previous dream. Very soon I noticed my body was swallowing of it's own accord, but I ignored this and focused on creating a dream. However I couldn't do this, my mind kept naturally putting me in a familiar environment (a friend's house) I decided to go with it and imagine a conversation with a friend, but this quickly became a conversation I wasn't imagining, being more dream-like that I had no control over. I imagined what it would be like to touch the table / sofa etc in this dream to keep myself aware and the next thing I remember I was in the middle of the street, fully lucid.



      The dream can be read in my DJ, but it was the longest lucid I have had yet, with lots of detail and control.
      Wurlman, Ctharlhie and Sageous like this.
      My Dream Journal = http://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/isthisit/ DILDs - 9 WILDs - 5
      Ooh, their breath is warm
      And they smell like sleep
      And they say they take me home
      Like poppies heavy with seed
      They take me deeper and deeper

    24. #74
      NullPointerException Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      fOrceez's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2011
      LD Count
      avg: ≥2/w
      Gender
      Posts
      2,302
      Likes
      1301
      DJ Entries
      40
      Fairly sure I had a WILD last night - the reason why I say 'fairly' is because of lack of recall. I do strongly remember having a high level of awareness and prior to sleeping (I woke up during the night) I was attempting to induce a WILD through tactile senses (waving my arm around).
      It was a fairly short process. Upon waking, I immediately decided I'd WILD. Got comfy and started to stimulate my tactile senses. At first, I was thinking about waving a baseball bat around but decided on waving my arm. The time awake probably lasted less than 3... maybe 5 minutes.
      Sageous likes this.

      Any questions about lucid dreaming? Drop me a PM here!

    25. #75
      Waterbender Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      paigeyemps's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      LD Count
      Many
      Gender
      Location
      Ba Sing Se
      Posts
      3,229
      Likes
      2714
      DJ Entries
      34
      zomfg#$*^@$&%*seizure*

      I woke up this morning about an hour and a half before the alarm I set for school. I went out to walk my dog, then went back to bed to try to squeeze in some sleep before my alarm actually goes off. I decided to attempt a WILD. I lay comfortably on my side, curled up and not moving. I focused on my breathing and did my mantra along with it. I'm not sure how much time had passed but I heard this popping, then "ZZZZZWWWWWW" sound really loud, repeating in my ear. I was a bit surprised and I thought "Gaaa! Is this auditory HH?? Don't panic don't panic." so I paid less attention to it (tried to not pay attention at all, but it was really hard to ignore). Then suddenly I see an image of my room emerge right before my eyes, slightly to the left. It started out really small, and it was like I was looking through a very dark tunnel. I was really fascinated and imagined it turning into one of my classrooms, and it did! The tunnel-view image kept growing until my whole visual field was my classroom. By this time I think the buzzing sound was gone. It looked very real too! I tried to walk, but somehow I just wasn't in the scene or something. I imagined myself just "walking into" the picture, which was very hard (this is quite difficult to describe). I don't know how my dream body got there, but finally I was able to take a few steps forward slowly, and guess what. MY FRIGGIN' ALARM CLOCK WENT OFF. :'(

      It was a really amazing feeling! It was the first time I've ever actually seen the dream scene unfold right before my eyes. I never even doubted whether it was a dream or not, because I was absolutely sure that a moment ago, I was still awake, and doing my mantras & focusing on my breathing. I remember everything I did from the moment I got up, walked my dog, and went back to bed. I was also conscious throughout the buzzing sound (auditory HH?) until the moment my alarm clock went off.

      I got up and wrote down every detail I could remember (which wasn't very hard because it was very memorable). I went to school, not caring if I passed the exams or not. GAAA I'M SO ECSTATIC!

      I'm wondering, was that indeed a WILD, or not? Either way, it was awesome!! Sorry, my excitement is very hard to contain right now
      Last edited by paigeyemps; 06-28-2012 at 09:57 AM.
      If something goes wrong with your dream, just yell, "PLOT TWIST!" and move on.

      Maybe it's a dream and if I scream, it will burst at the seams.


      sigpic by kraom

    Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. WILD attempts
      By StareHed in forum Wake Initiated Lucid Dreams (WILD)
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 05-30-2010, 10:57 AM
    2. Help please.Wild attempts going good until..
      By wasanga in forum Wake Initiated Lucid Dreams (WILD)
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 01-13-2010, 02:51 AM
    3. My WILD attempts
      By luigipwns in forum Attaining Lucidity
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 07-30-2008, 09:10 PM
    4. WILD attempts - help
      By Caliban44 in forum Attaining Lucidity
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 07-10-2007, 11:25 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •