• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Video Games In Dreams

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal 3 years registered
      LD Count
      United States
      DJ Entries

Video Games In Dreams

When I dream about me playing video games, I actually become part of the game. Like lm not on the computer playing I teleport into the game.

In one of my dreams, I was playing counter strike and when my team lost, we became part of some zombie survival setting. A few of my teammates died, which caused us to lose again. the game ended and my view chamged to me on the computer saying "GG"

Anyone else like this? Sonething different?

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class Referrer Gold
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      Yes, this happens to me often. I use this as a way to teleport now! I have also had some dreams where I am both things, at the controls and in the game, very difficult to get the coordination between buttons and movements.

Question about counter-strike... Did you run faster in the dream when you had the knife out?

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      United States
      DJ Entries
      Lol I never noticed about the knife thing. Usually I can tell its counter strike because i see a terrorist or counter terrorist outfit
      Sensei likes this.

DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      I don't get games that often but about 75% of the time I stay outside playing it at the controls. A few times I've transitioned to inside.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

Dreamer Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Haha, cool topic. I don't know how many times I've gotten the "You have died" Diablo 2 screen in my dreams.

DJ Entries
      This usually happens to me when I'm really anticipating a new game. (I mean really anticipating) A lot of the time my dream will be a mix between playing the game and actually being in the game.

I was wondering, is it possible to play games with any accuracy in a Lucid dream? Like if there was a lot of footage and information of an upcoming game could you replicate it with any success while lucid dreaming?

Lucid Natural Achievements:
      1 year registered Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      1000+
      The Aether
      DJ Entries
      I play a lot of different games and experienced a number of them whilst dreaming. Like you said it's as though your actually in the game not playing it on a computer, although sometimes I do have access to a keyboard.

I remember one dream playing counterstrike and I got shot with a shotgun. It hurt real bad! It felt like I had been shot IRL! so much pain

Othertimes if I get shot I don't feel anything and just respawn.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      It's actually really weird when you're inside of the game but also controlling it with a controller/mouse/keyboard as well. That's what most of my dreams are like when I'm inside of a video game.
      jona likes this.

Member Achievements:

USA
      DJ Entries
      I've been having video-game dreams off and on, even lately; But I don't have an Xbox 360 like I sometimes do in dreams.

LD Count
      One time I had a dream that I was in black ops 2 domination mode and whenever I died I could just respawn, so the whole thing about dying and then coming back to life in a dream was weird.
      Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared dream before - Edgar Allen Poe

Lucid Natural Achievements:
      1 year registered Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      1000+
      The Aether
      DJ Entries
      Recently been playing H1Z1 which only just came out a little while ago and already I've had dreams about it.

I can remember walking over some punjabi sticks that dug right into my feet it hurt like hell

Banned
      LD Count
      I once had a dream about Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time, and I was at that waterfall at the entrance to Gerudo Valley and jumped down it, and floated down to Lake Hylia - and it was late in the night in the game, shortly before sunrise.
      It was a truly beautiful experience, and those of you who played that game as kids in the late 90s will probably understand exactly what it felt like.

DJ Entries
      This happens to me if i grind out games to much and fast. I remember once it happend with tetris. I was one with the blocks. Creepy as hell.
      Manat likes this.

DJ Entries
      Sometimes I have dreams about being in video games, and I won't be able to see my hands but I have to use the controller in order to make myself move. I had to stop playing zombie video games late at night because I kept dreaming about them, but one of those dreams ended up being one of my favorite lucid dreams.
      Sensei likes this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Exact thing happens to me, and its in counterstrike as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xvaiuer View Post
      It's actually really weird when you're inside of the game but also controlling it with a controller/mouse/keyboard as well. That's what most of my dreams are like when I'm inside of a video game.
      This. In a recent dream "I" right-clicked all the time to make my dream body do roundhouse kicks.
      Also, I often become a video game character while still doing all the stuff usual dream-me would do. In the one with the roundhouse kicks I was some redhead chick I don't know and in another one I was my Saints Row 2 character owning a bakery and looking for a house to buy in decidedly nonviolent ways.

LD Count
      Lost count. :(
      Dreaming pokemon is the best thing ever. Gotta catch em all.
      Rallan likes this.

DJ Entries
      Video games in dreams are very common for me. The way it usually works is that video game type stuff starts happening gradually, which then spirals into the dream plot being entirely game like, like I'm living a game from the inside. Eventually what usually happens is I 'zoom out' and it's as if I was playing the game all along from the outside, instead of being inside it. It's funny because I thought I'd quit playing video games, but since practising dream recall it turns out that I never stopped! Maybe I never will!

The problem I'm facing now is how to figure out I'm dreaming in those situations, because anything weird can be just explained away as 'game mechanics'.
      Barry likes this.

LD Count
      Paris
      It used to happen to me very often when I played video games--it's pretty understandable if you think about it. When you play a game in waking life, you are so concentrated on it that you almost put yourself into the world of the game anyway. Dreams just give your mind the power to make that more literal.

For a while when I was younger, every time I got into a car, I would suddenly be driving a car like I would drive them in Grand Theft Auto. (When I was dreaming, of course)
      Rallan and Barry like this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Manat View Post
      I would drive them in Grand Theft Auto. (When I was dreaming, of course)
      This also happens to me!

Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

south australia
      DJ Entries
      yea this often happens to me to but kinda differently its more the video game mechanics or characteristics mush its self into my dreamscape like some times the world has a more blocky mincraft look to it but is still real life looking a lot of the land is set out like free roam rpg game levels but not enough to really notice till afterwards and the constant never ending lines of quests. but rarely do I get a dream where there are controllers or monitors involved or a set game that I'm playing. its as if games don't exist in the dreams but yet all the logic to a game applies to the dream as well as the logic of real life.

Lord of Outland Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      here at the copa, copacabana
      DJ Entries
      I have the same thing. Even in non-first person games. Like RTS games for example when I play them. I'm not looking at a computer screen or handling a keyboard and mouse, I'm just doing it, and my whole vision is JUST the game.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class Referrer Gold
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      I actually had a problem last time I was in a video game. Instead of being in both the normal world holding a controller and in the game at the same time, I was in the game with the controller. In order to run faster or attack I had to hit the buttons, but I usually accidentally lost the controller in the middle of a fight or race and had to look for it. I was lucid at first, but lost it and regained it later.

Member <span style='color: #9900CC'>~Dreamer~</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Australia
      DJ Entries
      I've been having a lot of video game dreams lately where it transitions from playing the game to being in the game (or both at once.)
      I had one dream similar to Sensei's the other night, where I had the controller inside the game. It was a fighting game like Tekken, and I had to mash buttons while I was right there next to my opponent.

My game dreams are usually semi-lucid, since I know I'm in a virtual world and can respawn/rewind, and usually I have good dream control too. They can sometimes lead to fully lucid dreams where I acknowledge the dreamworld, but sometimes I just follow along with the storyline without being very aware.
      Sensei likes this.

Raised by: PercyLucid ✦ Adopted: lucidmats ✦ Dreaming Partner: CanisLucidus

DJ Entries
      This have happened many times to me, and is something quite fun to remember when I wake up. I usually see myself as the character into the game, but with the knowledge of all being part of a videogame (not fearing for my life when I'm in danger and so).

Lately, I'm playing daily to the Heroes of the Storm beta, and I've dreamt once or twice about it. Most of the time, I live it in first person, as being one of the characters in the battlegrownd. Sometimes, the "camera" goes up, so I see myself with the rest of my team (this happens usually when the whole team is about to play some specific strategy).

Is funny how I'm perfectly aware of everything being a game despite of this "first person" perspective of the experience.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast