• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Like Tree193Likes

Thread: A recurring DC in my dreams which doesn't behave like any other DC's

Climbing the Ladder whitemountain's Avatar
      LD Count
      ~40
      Quote Originally Posted by atkins513 View Post
      Logic has no place in this forum... Second of all, for someone who has VERY LITTLE lucid experience to tell you how you need be more realistic and "rational" about how you perceive the dream world and/or the characters in it is a joke. You have more experience yet someone with far less gives you advice in a way that sounds as they know better? lol. We are all here to offer our opinions and help to one another, but to outwardly suggest that a certain idea or philosophy is not rational is an ignorant way to position one's self.

What a dream guide /spirit guide is supposed to be is open to many interpretations... and none of them can be wrong because it is just an interpretation. . ...It also makes sense to me that in this ramped up state of mind, if possible to contact spiritual entities of any kind, this would be the time that window of possibility would be wide open...

Please continue this thread. I am interested in knowing more about your exploration with this being and how it develops.
      @atkins513: I've got to agree with TheShadow on this one. I feel like you're blurring some distinctions here. The issue with rationality only arises when conclusions are offered without robust evidence. Sure, it's one thing to give the observations of the many experienced LDers who have had interactions with a special dream character who was different because A,B,C and did A,B,C, etc. But, it's another (big) step to begin forming conclusions from these observations (which by themselves are not irrational).

Once you say that the character Hyu met is a spirit living on the dream plane, then you've barred off logical debate. That statement is an opinion/interpretation that, although interesting, is not in any true sense of the word, believable. That is, it may instinctually feel right, or many people may agree with you, but until you offer valid evidence, there's no reason why I should believe that theory over the equally valid one that dreams and their characters are, let's say, the voice of a 2000 year old sand-monster that feeds on the dreams of humans.

Don't get me wrong, the idea of spiritual entities sounds awesome to me, and I'd love to see where Hyu's dreams lead him. I think dream stories can be fascinating, and even think that it's likely there's very beneficial experiences that you can have in dreams for your waking life (health benefits, psychological development, etc. as these could be more directly measured). But I just have never been presented with the sort of evidence I expect for the ideas of some people on this forum that tip into the spiritual/metaphysical. In fact, the very nature of those entities (which to me are unsturdy guesses/explanations), precludes the presentation of evidence.

Granted, I do tend to sway toward a more empirical, reason-based philosophy of the world. But this sort of argument illustrates my reasons.

--Whitemountain
      TheShadow, GMoney and Arrakis like this.

LD Count
      Ontario
      DJ Entries
      “Skeptics, who are numerous, explain out-of-body accounts in terms of dreams, hallucinations, wishful self-delusions, ESP, gross misperception of natural events, psychotic episodes or deliberate hoax. No doubt each one of these factors might operate in a given instance, yet the mass of OBE cases is not so easily dealt with. For the sheer volume of anecdotal data does at least suggest that the OBE is a genuine phenomena; it suggests, indeed, that the consciousness apparently leaving the body may be the real self, one capable of functioning independently of the physical body’s mass of bone, tissue and brain cells.”
      to add to what whitemountain said, it does not matter how many people believe something if there is no real evidence. A simple comparison to "the sheer anecdotal data" is religion. I dont want to get onto the topic too much, but the largest religion is around 1/3rd of the people on earth, and the second largest is around 1/4th of the people on earth. That is WAY more than there are believers in or experiencers of astral projection or anything else, and since those religions are different, one of them must be wrong.

Also, since there has been no evidence of any abillity to gather concise information about the waking world in an AP (under proper observing conditions), there is reason to believe that there is no relation to believe it is no more than a dream. If someone were able to use AP for far sight, many people would by now since many people have had an AP and in many of them im sure they have left the vicinity of their body and what they would know. Also people have done tests on this forum about opening a box or something like that, though as I havent seen the test conditions I cant make claims as to the veracity of these tests.
      Last edited by TheShadow; 12-27-2010 at 05:46 AM.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      hmm, this coud really be anything- shared dreaming, dream guide, othe half, all good suggestions, or maybe its nothing, just a recurring experience. Theres nothing else to know about this DC, right?
      when i have a lucid dream the first thing I will do isorder a pizza.

PIZZA
      pizza is sacred.

Have you tried having sexual intercourse with her? Not to be rude or inappropriate, but I think it'll make you more connected with her as a person and I can almost guarantee that it'll be amazing sex due to the nature of this girl.

Give it a try buddy.
      Dthoughts likes this.

First off - great post and thread!

And even though the whole rational-discussion is interesting, it belongs in another thread!

This is about how some dream characters are unique from others.

Hyu's special dream character (I'll just call them special since I won't go into a DG/SG/etc-discussion ) is a positive encounter, one of the good guys, where I unfortunately have encountered someone special with a very evil presence instead, on few occasions.

I consider myself having pretty good dream control, but when this guy/presence/entity/etc. shows up in whatever form, could be in human, animal or monster-form, I am completely helpless. Normally when I'm lucid and encounter "bad guys" I can just blast them to pieces with fireballs, beat them senseless, evaporize them, or just ignore the,. but on very few occasions I meet this guy, and none of my "tricks" work.

I actually remember one time where he just laughed in my face, after I had tried to blast him away with a magic wand or something similar, which had worked wonders on everyone else around him, and said: "This shit doesn't work on me, you're in my world "(or something like that) and then he shot me in the head (which gave a strange and not very pleasant sensation, to say at least) and I woke up!

Something like that has happened a couple of times, but I'm uncertain if it is just me losing lucidity without knowing it somehow, although it really doesnt feel like that, or just losing dream control which then leads to my "dream-demise"?

Whatever it is, this "special" dream character do feel very unique from others...unfortunately in a bad way, can't wait to find a positive one instead (which I have, but not one as many occasions as Hyu, and not where I had the idea that I've meet this character before somehow).

/bias

P.S. Although I have never tried dream sharing and actually don't know my stance on the whole subject, I'll try it out tonight: I'll try to find her (kinda hard, I don't even know her name, haha) and if I meet her (don't worry, I'll be a gentleman) I'll tell her that she needs to contact you, Hyu, since your having some problems finding her! How about that =)

LD Count
      Dreams
      DJ Entries
      shit i've read a lot of these replies O_o
      but first things off, i agree with her being a dream, or spirit guide.

also, this sounds very interesting either way (no matter what she really is)
      i've been looking into finding something like this recently, and this has been the
      closest account as to what i have imagined.

LD Count
      ~38
      Ohio
      DJ Entries
      Have you tried having sexual intercourse with her? Not to be rude or inappropriate, but I think it'll make you more connected with her as a person and I can almost guarantee that it'll be amazing sex due to the nature of this girl.

Give it a try buddy.
      I would strongly advise against doing this. Since you don't know who or what this is, you have to act on the possibility that this is someone real and/or special. You could quite easily anger her or scare her away forever. And if she is a part of yourself, you could completely corrupt whatever this is supposed to represent.

I don't say this to scold Apoc, but I just think you ought to be careful.
      gab likes this.

Your Dreams
      Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post

Give it a try buddy.
      ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by cedward1 View Post
      I would strongly advise against doing this. Since you don't know who or what this is, you have to act on the possibility that this is someone real and/or special. You could quite easily anger her or scare her away forever. And if she is a part of yourself, you could completely corrupt whatever this is supposed to represent.

I don't say this to scold Apoc, but I just think you ought to be careful.
      Corruption of yourself would be a bad thing, LOL Apoc.

Hyu
      Close your eyes <span class='glow_006400'>Hyu</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      200+
      Luxembourg
      DJ Entries

Give it a try buddy.
      No, I have not and no, I will not...
      Yes, she's insanely attractive and yes, she is very flirty, but there is no way I would do that.
      I respect her way too much to even consider asking her something like that. :/
      Not to mention I have way more important questions I want to ask her.

Update:
      I had a short dream last night. I was standing near a fountain in the middle of a city. I can't recall how I got there, but I suddenly became lucid, totally out of the blue.
      I quickly remembered I wanted to meet her again.
      Since I used to identify her by her aura, and when she's with me, the feeling of the presence of her aura is so immense I can't turn it off, I decided to search for it.
      I reached out and started feeling the presence of DC's around me. However, something was wrong. Instead of being constant, the feeling came in bursts, like an audio signal through a damaged cable.
      It was also quite faint.

I quickly realized what was happening though, as I noticed how my own aura felt.
      It was completely broken, energy slowly streaming out off some cracks in my dream body.
      It felt like I was damaged, and my dream body was in the process of healing itself.
      In the dream I quickly made the connection to me being quite sick in waking life.
      It made complete sense in my dream, I'm sick in waking life, which means my dream body is sick as well. My dream body uses all my energy to heal itself, so I don't have any energy over to do fancy things like locate an aura at long distance or teleport to someone.

It made perfect sense in my dream, but many things make sense in dreams...
      I think I'll just have to wait until I'm cured.

I'm quite happy I finally remembered to look for her in a dream though.
      Dreams are simple.
      It's the painfully simple things the human mind cannot comprehend.
      After all your mind is trained to understand the complexity of the waking world,
      not the simplicity of the dream world.

- Yuya

London, :)
      Give it a try buddy.
      For some reason that made me laugh uncontrollably.
      "Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere." – Albert Einstein.

Your Dreams
      Quote Originally Posted by PXUmais View Post
      For some reason that made me laugh uncontrollably.
      I thought Apocs post was fricking hillarious.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Not enough
      I was hoping you could tell me
      Hyu, what exactly do you mean by 'energy'? do you place the videogame-like limitation of mana and stuff on yourself?
      I have returned, but I'm not the same
      I'm a shadow, a shell, it's no longer a game
      Peace is dead, peace is gone
      All that remains is a chilling song

Banned
      LD Count
      Boston
      DJ Entries
      That's pretty awesome, Hyu. I don't think she's a magical, self-sufficient entity or anything like that; she's probably just a really good Dream Guide. Did you read a lot about DGs here before finding her? Maybe your mind had a perception that she would be this incredible person, and now she's just the perfect dream character that your mind created because you wanted someone like that.

I can't help but feel jealous about Hyu's situation. Rarely anything interesting decides to take place inside my LDs. Nor does anything with even the slightest tinge of mystery.
      "Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere." – Albert Einstein.

Your Dreams
      Quote Originally Posted by PXUmais View Post
      I can't help but feel jealous about Hyu's situation. Rarely anything interesting decides to take place inside my LDs. Nor does anything with even the slightest tinge of mystery.
      Same Here, what a Dick... LOL just kidding.

Dragon Rider Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Behind You.
      I'm jealous, your dream guide sounds perfect, hope you feel better soon so we can hear more about her.
      Glaedr, the golden dragon from the Inheritance series.

-A truly creative person rids him or herself of all self-imposed limitations. (Got this from a fortune cookie)

5 DILDs/0 DEILD

LD Count
      Dreams
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Raetin View Post
      I'm jealous, your dream guide sounds perfect, hope you feel better soon so we can hear more about her.
      I second this.
      am also jealous.
      Current Goals: Succeed at WILD, Succeed at MILD, 'Master' MILD, 'Master' DILD, 'Master' WILD, Find Spirit Guide, Full Dream Control, Attend Full Year at Hogwarts, Master Bending, Teleport, Go to Hades.
      "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. " - Edgar Allan Poe

Banned
      LD Count
      Boston
      DJ Entries
      "I'm jealous, your dream guide sounds perfect, hope you feel better soon so we can hear more about her."

Third.

Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      honolulu, Hawaii
      DJ Entries
      Hyu, I have had very similar experiences paralleling yours.

Right now, the most important thing for you to do is to guard your energy. You can more easily be infected with unstable energy when you are weak. Focus on strengthening your aura.

As far as for the nature of this lady, it's for you to figure out on your own. I have walked the path you are on before you have, but my personal opinion is worthless.

Here are some questions you can ask this lady:

1) What is your name?

2) How do we know each other?

Here are some suggestions as far as dream actions:

1) Give her a gift

2) Give her a big hug
      Hyu likes this.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

Hyu
      Close your eyes <span class='glow_006400'>Hyu</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      200+
      Luxembourg
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Wristblade56 View Post
      Hyu, what exactly do you mean by 'energy'? do you place the videogame-like limitation of mana and stuff on yourself?
      I wouldn't say that I deliberately place a limitation on myself, though I do think it's an awesome idea for a fighting scenario.
      It's more like, if I do something rather special, which seems to require a lot of concentration (really, energy is the only term that fits), I feel exhausted, and I can clearly feel that I have less energy that I did before.
      When I talk about the perception of an other individual's (DC) energy I call it aura, because it seems like the term fits pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by GMoney View Post
      That's pretty awesome, Hyu. I don't think she's a magical, self-sufficient entity or anything like that; she's probably just a really good Dream Guide. Did you read a lot about DGs here before finding her? Maybe your mind had a perception that she would be this incredible person, and now she's just the perfect dream character that your mind created because you wanted someone like that.
      It's certainly a possibility, though I had no idea what a DG was, I only read up on it after people suggested I look into it.
      It's entirely possible that I was wishing to meet someone special though.

Quote Originally Posted by WakingNomad View Post

Right now, the most important thing for you to do is to guard your energy. You can more easily be infected with unstable energy when you are weak. Focus on strengthening your aura.

As far as for the nature of this lady, it's for you to figure out on your own. I have walked the path you are on before you have, but my personal opinion is worthless.

1) What is your name?

1) Give her a gift

2) Give her a big hug
      Thanks, I will definitely follow your suggestions. I really like the idea of giving her a gift or a big hug to show my affection!
      I'm curious that you mention you've had similar experiences, did you by any chance post them on these forums, or would you feel like sharing them?
      Dreams are simple.
      It's the painfully simple things the human mind cannot comprehend.
      After all your mind is trained to understand the complexity of the waking world,
      not the simplicity of the dream world.

- Yuya

The Dreamer Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      100+
      Chicago
      So I just got around to checking up on this forum again and I love how quickly I was attacked for the things people assumed( assuming makes an ass out of U and ME, haha) I was stating. For one to say that someone's direct experience and amount of that experience has nothing to do with how well they understand what they practice as opposed to someone with far less practice? is just stupid. Your example of how well you know computers as opposed to many people who use the computer far more is not a very good example. For instance, someone who uses the email and browses websites hours a day, and someone who spends 2 hours a day learning website design, hacking, or some other much deeper computer skill cannot be compared side by side, because one of them has much deeper experience. So if anything, you make my point even better for me considering the person with much more lucid dreaming experience is also experiencing a much deeper state of the very thing you are speaking of.. EXPERIENCE and PRACTICE by DEFAULT makes someone much better at the very thing they are working on.. wow. its almost like you need someone to teach you your abc's or something... SECOND of all, I HAVE NEVER STATED that one of my opinions was the way it is, or that either of my opinions was a fact, in fact, I cited several different options for how each situation can be seen differently by a variety of people, and how in different situations, certain scenarios, IF THEY WERE POSSIBLE, would be more likely during ramped up states of the mind. A couple of people took the many possible theories I stated, and drew complete conclusions as to what they believed I said. FOR EXAMPLE. I said

"What a dream guide /spirit guide is supposed to be is open to many interpretations... and none of them can be wrong because it is just an interpretation. . ...It also makes sense to me that in this ramped up state of mind, if possible to contact spiritual entities of any kind, this would be the time that window of possibility would be wide open..." and WHITEMOUNTAIN replied "Once you say that the character Hyu met is a spirit living on the dream plane, then you've barred off logical debate. That statement is an opinion/interpretation that, although interesting, is not in any true sense of the word, believable. That is, it may instinctually feel right, or many people may agree with you, but until you offer valid evidence, there's no reason why I should believe that theory over the equally valid one that dreams and their characters are, let's say, the voice of a 2000 year old sand-monster that feeds on the dreams of humans. "

WOW.. Its amazing to me that I even have to explain this but I wrote "What a dream guide /spirit guide is supposed to be is open to many interpretations... and none of them can be wrong because it is just an interpretation" I stated that what a dream guide is supposed to be is OPEN TO MANY INTERPRETATIONS" Meaning that there are many ideas not just one. MANY ideas... then I stated.. "none of them can be wrong because it is just an interpretation." Right, once again, each idea on what these entities are or are not are completely open to interpretation because it is each persons own personal experience so only they can portray that experience to others... so anything beyond that are just opinions from others.... THEN I SAID "It also makes sense to me that in this ramped up state of mind, if possible to contact spiritual entities of any kind, this would be the time that window of possibility would be wide open..." Which is were the statement that I had barred off logical debate was made... really?? Well logically it has been scientifically proven that the brain is in a heightened state during the period of deep rem, the oxygen and blood levels to the brain are doubled and the electrical activity is through the roof.. I DID NOT SAY THAT just because of this you CAN contact spiritual entities, I said that it would make sense that "IF POSSIBLE TO CONTACT SPIRITUAL ENTITIES OF ANY KIND, THIS WOULD BE THE TIME THAT WINDOW OF POSSIBILITY WOULD BE WIDE OPEN", IF POSSIBLE means, maybe possible, maybe not possible and that this statement is leaving it up in the air. Go back through my entire post and show me one place where I said that ONE THING WAS AN EXACT FACT or HOW THINGS ARE BEYOND A REASONABLE doubt. I did not one time, in fact, I intentionally left all possibilities open and talked about different interpretations. Now this is where we go a little farther. IF YOU DO YOUR OWN research, OR ONCE YOUR EXPERIENCE with this forums and with knowing the people of these forums have grown, you will see that having a "dream guide" or Spritual Guide" is a very common thing amongst experienced lucid dreamers.... who knows what these characters really are, because in case I hadnt said it, it is open to interpretation, but they are a common experience. Please do not quote anything I say and make your own conclusions to what I mean, especially when I say that one thing of another is possible or open to some idea, and then you jump on either of those particular options that I stated and declare it as a fact I stated and try to "dubunk" it. Give me a break. Now I know why the beyond dreaming, and deep dreaming forums exists. Its because closed opinions and people who assume they know better than everyone else are not allowed. Thankfully. Lets keep this conversation Civil, and once again Hyu, I am looking forward to reading more about your experiences.

England
      Wow it took longer than I thought to read through that, keep us updated though, really interesting stuff

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Not enough
      I was hoping you could tell me
      Quote Originally Posted by WakingNomad View Post

1) What is your name?

1) Give her a gift

2) Give her a big hug
      Unstable Energy? infected? what do you mean?
      I have returned, but I'm not the same
      I'm a shadow, a shell, it's no longer a game
      Peace is dead, peace is gone
      All that remains is a chilling song

Confuzzled,

Arkansas
      Yes, she's insanely attractive and yes, she is very flirty, but there is no way I would do that.
      I respect her way too much to even consider asking her something like that. :/
      Whoah, dude. You mean we're not allowed to have sex with people we respect? Bummer! Now I gotta break the news to my wife.
      Arrakis likes this.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast