• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Task of the Month for August 2011

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      150(ish)
      Århus, Denmark
      DJ Entries
      Got the basic down, had some issues with portals to the factory, but that might help when I have watched the dvd so I have a better picture of where to go and more experience with portals.

TotM, Portal Attempts, metal transformations - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

I stopped the DC singing as Happy Birthday was boring and it isn't my birthday.
      ashraen likes this.
      So fly with me, Theres a whole sky to see, I am taking your mind with me, into Lucidity, flying in unity could be normality, what you perceive to be is your reality – Dub FX

feel my noodly appendage Flying Spaghetti Monster's Avatar
      New Zealand
      DJ Entries
      i'm going to try do at least one of these, i can see them both being hilarious
      ~your friendly neighborhood spaghetti monster~

Shadow Force Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      40 Since 6/2013
      Right Hand Side of God
      DJ Entries
      Sweet! I'll have a concert in Willy Wonka's factory! That way I'll do both tasks. I'll be lead guitar...so, the singer will be singing to everyone! Including me! Oh which song?! I know! "Promise" by Simple Plan will be good.
      My Dream Journal: INeverWakeUp's Super Dream Journal

Previously Known As: ineverwakeup13(2010-2011) and ineverwakeup97(2011-2014)

Casanova Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Good jobs everyone!

Kitty says: "Achoo..!"

Retired Post Whore-73PPD jarrhead's Avatar
      LD Count
      Tijeras/Albuquerque
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by ineverwakeup97 View Post
      Sweet! I'll have a concert in Willy Wonka's factory! That way I'll do both tasks. I'll be lead guitar...so, the singer will be singing to everyone! Including me! Oh which song?! I know! "Promise" by Simple Plan will be good.
      Concert in the chocolate factory eh? I might try that. I kinda wanna try the stadium first. Okay, maybe second. Haha.

Banned
      Awesome

LD Count
      Tijeras/Albuquerque
      DJ Entries
      I didn't even think about these goals the other night. I was so focused on shapeshifting into optimus prime, transforming into an F22 raptor, etc.

I think we have a new task for the "expert" section! haha.

EDIT: Not saying I would ever be able to do it again though.. lol.

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Veteran Second Class 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Arizona
      DJ Entries
      the Willy Wonka one will be fun..i used to dream about his factory when i was a kid! the singing one might be a challenge....ive sung inmy dreams but never been sung too...i'm up for the challenge!
      Sleep, those little slices of death; Oh how I loathe them.
      -Edgar Allan Poe

International Oneironaut Shared Dreaming Journal

Din
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      The Dream within the Dream
      DJ Entries
      Do I get to nuke the factory?

WAIT I MEAN-

Humor aside, I definitely love these tasks. Admittedly, I probably don't have enough experience to infiltrate the factory, but that basic one looks like it might be a good personal goal.

(God, I'm going to love the stories that come out of this one. )

LD Count
      Lots
      Portsmouth, United Kingdom
      DJ Entries
      Did these tasks in my usual deranged fashion, I'll put my DJ entry up here when I've written it up. Going to have to 'clean up' a few things for the public xD

http://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/dead...tasks-d-22035/
      Last edited by Deadly; 08-07-2011 at 11:30 PM.
      jarrhead likes this.
      (Current) DREAM GOALS:
      1.Reach the Underverse as mentioned in the film 'The chronicals of Riddick' and gain 'soul rip' ability.
      2.Build a new and improved 'Lair of infinate evil' on the surface of the sun.
      3.Catch up with Satan and see if he has any work going for me

~~TARDIS = "I'm too lazy to walk..."
      SONIC SCREWDRIVER = "I'm too lazy to use logic and reason on this problem..."~~

LD Count
      Tijeras/Albuquerque
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
      Did these tasks in my usual deranged fashion, I'll put my DJ entry up here when I've written it up. Going to have to 'clean up' a few things for the public xD

Oh the shame....but on the plus side, completed Augusts 'Lucid Tasks' - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views
      If you look at my most recent dream, I didn't clean up ANYTHING. It's funner that way.
      Deadly likes this.

Prone to AWOL Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      ~A lot
      Buffalo
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post

Oh the shame....but on the plus side, completed Augusts 'Lucid Tasks' - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views
      That was.... umm... interesting, but good job for getting them both done in one dream
      Have a question? Send me a pm.

...We are all connected...

Multiple Induction Technique (MIT) - Consistently have several lucids each night!

2016 TotY: Dragon [ ] Fairy [ ] Unicorn [ ] Gnome [ ] Leprechaun [ ] Phoenix [ ] Chimera [ ]

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      AHHHH YES!! Basic task is so easy! One of my dream signs is guitar, this shouldn't be too hard.
      I've had willy wonka in my dreams (Not this month) but its always the Johnny Depp one :/ he's just weird, the original is creeeeepy

LD Count
      Texas
      DJ Entries

Cool

Completed the Basic Task last night.. the song was definitely not one I would have expected

Here is the excerpt from my DJ entry where I completed the task:

I went back into the living room, and then I remembered (finally!) the basic TOTM to ask a DC to sing to me. My mom was still there so I asked her to sing, but she seemed to not know what to sing, and in the end started singing something I had never heard. It was gibberish, and I thought 'I'll never be able to remember the tune or any of these words, I don't know if I'll get credit for TOTM'

So I went BACK to the back bedroom (my parents') and my sis was there this time. I asked her to sing to me, so she turned on the stereo and began to sing along with the song that was playing.. it was a song I haven't heard in 10+ years.. 'Waterfalls' by TLC (don't go chasin waterfalls / please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to / I know that you're gonna have it your way or nothing at all / but I think you're moving too fast..) I sang along with her and we danced like nerds for a bit.

Here is the full journal Entry: First successful WILD! + TOTM + 2 False Awakenings (also lucid)
      LD Count reset on 7.20.2011 | LD count from previous experience: 100+
      dream goals/focus points: WILD [3] | DC interaction [in progress (iP)] | flying mounts [x] | water-walking [x ] | explore Dream World Academy [x] | superfast movement (nonflying) [x] | shared dreaming [ ] | passive control [iP] | shapeshifting [iP] | portals [x] | dream mapping [ ]

Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      40 Since 6/2013
      Right Hand Side of God
      DJ Entries
      Oh damn it all. Had a lucid last night but it was vivid and short. I'm putting a lot on myself though. I've still got three TOTY to do, while trying to do both TOTM for this month.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      DJ Entries
      What do you mean a DC?

toledo,OH
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by monsa199a View Post
      What do you mean a DC?
      Dream character.

Banned
      Everyone should have their wings now
      ashraen likes this.

LD Count
      40 Since 6/2013
      Right Hand Side of God
      DJ Entries
      Eh, hehe...about that ninja...

Web of dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal Populated Wall Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Miami, ok
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by ninja9578 View Post
      Everyone should have their wings now
      It's good that you're still in charge of the totm.

I was always a dreamer, in childhood especially. People thought I was a little strange.-Charley pride

NullPointerException Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      avg: ≥2/w
      DJ Entries
      Shall definitely try this tonight. :3

Any questions about lucid dreaming? Drop me a PM here!

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      DJ Entries
      thanks a lot for your response!...I think I just did the basic...I need to make up time to post my LDs.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      so there I am, in some kind of street, at night; I see a tall woman trying to do something...I Don't know what! I realized that I'm dreaming and I ran towards her, taking her right hand quickly, then I tell her "just do it!". We seemed to be in roller skates and We start dancing to some kind of music there are no lirics just a LA,LA,LA... but there's a lot of rhythm to it! and we dace freely and follow each other steps and moves. She has dark skin, curly hair and she's very slim. Then I looked arround us and we are in some kind of amphitheater and people is gathering, we stop damcing and A very elegant lady on a red dress and red sexy lips says: "This is going to be tonight's show" I feel very emotional and the dream starts to vanish...I try to look at my hands or relax; but it's too late...I wake up.

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      80+
      DJ Entries

Cool First TOTM since February!

I completed the basic task last night! Here's the relevant portion of my latest DJ entry.

A little further along the path, just beyond the small tree, is a large, square, paved area, in front of the entrance to a building. A woman is standing in this area, alone. She’s older and has wispy brown hair, which she wears up in a loose bun. She has lines and wrinkles on her face, and has a patch of shiny, lavender-pink eyeshadow all over the center of her face. She’s wearing a long dress the same color as the eyeshadow.

I suddenly recall the current Task of the Month
      [which I had just looked up, just before going to bed]. I approach the woman. In the distance, behind me, I can hear all the teenagers and young adults who are attending the conference/camp singing together:

“Day-oh, day-oh. Da-a-ay-oh, da-a-ay-oh. Daylight come and me wanna go home.”

I sing along with the young people as they begin the next repetition of this segment of music: “Day-oh.” As I sing, I look right at the older woman, expecting her to sing along, too.

“Day-oh,” she mumbles softly, looking down shyly at the ground to my left.

“Da-a-ay-oh,” I sing to her, still looking at her and expecting her to sing along.

“Da-a-ay-oh,” she mumbles, still looking down. I figure that she simply lacks confidence in her singing voice and encourage her by saying enthusiastically to her, “Come on, you can do it!”

“Daylight come and me wanna go home,” she sings, now looking up and demonstrating self-confidence. She proves to have a beautiful singing voice.

Pleased, I continue singing along with the young people, who have been singing the song all this time. The older woman continues singing along as well. “Come, Mr. Tally-Man, tally me banana. Daylight come and me wanna go home.”

Somewhere in the midst of those two lines,
      the dream faded and I woke up, probably because I was so excited about having completed the Task of the Month for the first time since February.
      Last edited by Emiko; 08-11-2011 at 05:22 AM. Reason: I messed up on the color tags
      Short-term lucid goals: [X] Move an object with my mind [ ] Create a portal and use it to get to a dream scene of my choice [ ] Meet one of my book characters

Long-term lucid goals: [ ] Visit the Dream World Academy [ ] Make a building appear at will [ ] Change my appearance to disguise myself as someone else [ ] Find the end of a rainbow

toledo,OH
      DJ Entries
      I did the basic task this morning.

Dream
      Lucid
      Task

I was driving to Madison's house. I remember this funny part where I was on the highway and the genie from I dream of genie showed up in front of my car as an apparition and tried to sell me the first season of her show on DVD. I thought to my self, Oh no you don't, I'm not listening to this crap, and drove through her.

I stopped at a gas station. They had a bunch of food, I don't have much to eat in the house right now and they had low prices so I got excited and looked around. I picked up some pita, and when I went to put it back the shelf was gone. I thought, "this must be a dream" and did some RCs. I tried to put my finger through my hand but I was really shaky. It still worked but I wanted to be sure so I flicked on and off a couple light switches. I wound up in the basement. When I turned around there was a girl a few years younger than me with no panties on standing there. Then her bra did this weird thing, kind of flapping around and off and flew away like it was a bat or something. I asked her to sing me a song. So blew a raspberry and shook her head and made this weird noise. I held her hand and looked her in the eye and said please. She said OK. She sang this very simple melody(do re mi do re mi do re mi so, ti do re ti do re do re mi so...) The words were somehow even simpler, Violin violin violin song, Violin violin violin song. I woke up while she was singing.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrhead View Post
      If you look at my most recent dream, I didn't clean up ANYTHING. It's funner that way.
      Yeah I agree.
      Last edited by StonedApe; 08-11-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast