Thread: Sensei's Competition

LD Count
      Missouri
      DJ Entries
      3 dreams - 3
      4 frags- 2
      wbtb - 2
      Total Points - 7
      CanisLucidus, StephL and ThreeCat like this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Nfri View Post
      total = 111p

Here is my syllabus of supplements:
      http://www.dreamviews.com/lucid-aids...ment-here.html
      Ah - Nfri is properly doped up again! Congratulation - hammer result on the first night already!

Quote Originally Posted by Chessica View Post

I've been thinking about something, though. Isn't it a bit unfortunate that I can get 1,5 points from remembering 3 fragments? I mean for all I know they all are part of one dream, and if I had remembered the whole dream I would only have gotten 1 point. With this point system it pays more to remember a lot of fragments than whole dreams... Oh, and how do I really know it's a whole dream and not just a long fragment? A lot of times I think I remember two whole dreams, but then I remember a fragment that connects the two, and it is really just one dream after all. Oh, man, this is difficult!!!
      Quote Originally Posted by FryingMan View Post
      Basically, be consistent to yourself. This is not well-defined. Here's what I do: if it's a coherent scene where I feel "there", where I observe things and think about them and react, and it's not just a flash of faint memory, I consider it a "scene." A dream is made up of multiple scenes with remembered or "felt" transitions. My dream #1 from last night is an example of multiple different scenes but I "knew" they were all part of one dream so that's how I counted them. The rest of the scenes had absolutely no relationship and didn't "feel" from the same dream so I count them as separate dreams.

To me fragments are really really vague feelings or flashes of a scene with no coherent action within them, or are so short they only bear a single sentence or two of description.

So yes, as your dream memory improves, at some point you will get fewer fragments and fewer dreams, but at some point that can build up and you remember more dreams from more wakings, and they're longer with remembered transitions.

I would *love* to only get 1 or 2 points a night but have long multi-scene perfectly vivid and perfectly remembered dreams. But where I am right now I remember a bunch of disconnected unassociated dreams/scenes.
      Agreed Fryingman - that's how I see it as well - dreaming is not an exact science, nor is it a proper sport - it's more about developing personally than winning for me anyway. I see a fragment as a bit more, though - a small scene with something concrete happening, but this isn't meant as a critique at all. It's often more fun to write about those than about a whole boring dream with lots of weak scenes. If it sticks in my memory without the context, it tends to be something vivid and nicely weird, actually! Like doing brain-surgery on a talking horse last night.

My aim is to be consistent and to feel completely honest about the points - that's how I navigate this. But you are absolutely correct here in principle, Chessica.

I find it great that there is a bit more tüdelidü to win than just the Tier and/or getting on top of the other team by the way!
      Lovely idea with the badges - that opens up so many ways to get something not exactly tangible, but pride-inducing out of it! These wings are genius - sometimes I feel, I keep it up for vanity, but hey ho - whatever makes you fly, isn't it?

Another new thing I really like is that there are points for posting in other people's DJs when they have a lucid - double and triple effects from this - for the DJ-holder it's great to see, somebody took a look and an interest, and what they think - you feel good, when you post, because you know this - aand points on top as the cream on the cake!

Umpteenth edit: I keep mentioning cake today, did it again - seems I should follow my unconscious mind and get my fingers on some real life version of it to go with the umpteenth coffee!

DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Sensei: Question about scoring: can a single dream control event be scored for more than one point category?

For example: I have a lucid dare to make a fireball and throw it. For the competition, do I have to choose between EITHER lucid dare OR element control points for this one event? Or do I get them BOTH (and even more if they apply?)
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

England
      DJ Entries
      First night:

1 Fragment - 0.5
      2 Dreams - 2
      1 WBTB - 2

Total - 4.5

Member <span style='color: #9900CC'>~Dreamer~</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Australia
      DJ Entries
      Night #1:
      DJ: Extreme Weather, Awkward Sex, Blindness

A lot of DV members featured and dream signs were screaming at me all over the place, but I only managed 2 LDs (+1 DEILD) with really low levels of lucidity (one may have been decent, but my recall was awful for that dream.)
      Members who featured: sivason, Dark_Merlin, Original Poster, CanisLucidus, Jenkees, Sensei, StephL, Sageous.
      Sorry for the total awkwardness, Merlin! haha

I'm unsure what counts as a 'full dream' vs 'fragment'.
      I've counted my points with the assumption that a 'full dream' means you remember all the events from the dream, not just a random detail. I had quite a few short dreams that I would consider 'full dreams' despite their length, but let me know if I need to change them to fragments.

Induction and Recall:
      5 x Fragments = 2.5 points
      8 x Full dreams = 8 points
      2 x Lucid dreams = 10 points
      1 x DEILD = 2 points
      1 x WBTB = 2 points
      Sub-total: 24.5 points

Dream Control Tasks:

1 x RC/Stabilize = 1 point
      1 x Interact with a DC = 2 points
      1 x Flying = 4 points
      1 x Telekinesis = 4 points
      1 x Basic Summoning = 4 points
      1 x Eat Something = 4 points
      1 x Object/DC Changing = 4 points
      1 x Element Manipulation = 8 points
      Sub-total: 31 points

NIGHTLY TOTAL: 55.5 points

I have counted 'interact with a DC', but I was controlling the DC, not actually talking with them. Let me know if I should remove that point.
      Checked with Sensei and updated score to include TK.
      I'm also pretty sure I completed the Challenge Task and some additional Dream Control tasks in my earlier LD, and probably a Team Task too, but I lost a lot of memories from that dream so I can't confirm.

* Miscalculated score and left out 4 points. Updated to include them.
      Last edited by Sensei; 07-29-2014 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Added extra fragment

Raised by: PercyLucid ✦ Adopted: lucidmats ✦ Dreaming Partner: CanisLucidus

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class Referrer Gold
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      @Nfri
      Stabilize/RC are in the same task, so you only get points for one, and there is no fight your teammate (especially nor for jedi!) awesome night man.

Everyone!

Also, a specific task can only count for one in each point column, for instance, getting naked couldn't count as a totm and lucid dare, things can mix very well, but cannot match. I forgot to put that in the rules. Something like "meet a teammate" and "meet DV member" do not match, and are in seperate scoring areas, so they are fine (so if you are checking out lucid dares... And totms... ) will update that rule today when I get to a computer.
      Last edited by Sensei; 07-28-2014 at 10:04 PM.
      StephL likes this.

Oneironaut Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
      Above my TV.
      Attachment 7451
      Cool poster!

And btw, what have you been watching?

Nine Lives in Theory Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      DJ Entries
      Lucid last night -- will post to DJ later (when I'm not on thus blasted phone!). What I have so far:
      2 NLDs : 2 pts
      1 fragment : 1/2 point
      1 LD: 5 points

Successful RC: 1 pt
      Successful Stabilize: 1 pt
      Interact w/ DC: 4
      Basic object changing: 4

Attempt WILD (with DV False awakening!!): 1 pt
      WBTB: 2 points

Will update DJ hopefully in a few hours, and will try to include any points I missed. Total 20.5 points.
      Sensei and StephL like this.

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Bronze 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      1 x Fragments = 0.5 points
      3 x Full dreams = 3 points
      1 x WBTB = 2 points
      Total: 5.5 points

Quote Originally Posted by ~ Dreamer ~ View Post
      NIGHTLY TOTAL: 47 points[/B]
      Great job Dreamer!

Quote Originally Posted by Nfri View Post
      total = 111p
      You Jedi freaking rock! Holy cow, Nfri, amazing night!! 111 points? And me as Liam Neeson?

Now that you've established that I look like Liam Neeson in-dream, I'm obliged to post the following warning to all Sith:

~Dreamer~, fogelbise and ThreeCat like this.

Dreaming Partner: Dreamer

Oneironaut Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by CanisLucidus View Post
      1 x Fragments = 0.5 points
      3 x Full dreams = 3 points
      1 x WBTB = 2 points
      Total: 5.5 points

Great job Dreamer!

You Jedi freaking rock! Holy cow, Nfri, amazing night!! 111 points? And me as Liam Neeson?

Now that you've established that I look like Liam Neeson in-dream, I'm obliged to post the following warning to all Sith:

ROFL
      CanisLucidus and Sensei like this.

Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      the Pacific Ocean
      DJ Entries
      Sensei's Competiton Night #1+TOTM - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

3 fragments-1.5 points
      1 dream-1 point
      total-2.5 points

lucid #1(DILD)

become lucid-5 points
      rc-1 point
      phase through large solid object-8 points
      1st of 3 step tasks-5 points
      advanced summoning-10 points
      dc interaction-2 points
      total-31 points

lucid #2(DILD,FA)

become lucid-5 points
      rc-1 point
      basic summoning-4 points
      teleporting-7 points
      2nd of 3 step tasks-10 points
      DV extra X1(TOTM)-5 points
      total-32 points

Night#1 total=65.5 points

Member <span style='color: #9900CC'>~Dreamer~</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Australia
      DJ Entries
      I just remembered another fragment about poltergeists... Something just fell off my kitchen table and reminded me.
      I'm gonna add that to my DJ and add another ½ point to my score.
      Sensei and ThreeCat like this.

Raised by: PercyLucid ✦ Adopted: lucidmats ✦ Dreaming Partner: CanisLucidus

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      LD Count
      28+
      DJ Entries
      You will receive:

• Complete 1x DV Extra Task - 5 points
      • Complete 2x DV Extra Tasks - 10 points
      • Complete 3x DV Extra Tasks - 20 points
      • Complete 4x DV Extra Tasks - 50 points
      Do those points stack? So does doing all 4 tasks give 85 or 50 points?

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      Australia
      DJ Entries
      heh heh heh

1 dream, 1 fragment - 1.5

Lucid 1:

lucid - 5
      DEILD - 2
      flying - 4
      telekinesis - 4
      change gravity - 6 (+15, 3rd task)
      elemental manipulation - 8 (+10, 2nd task)
      time control - 10 (+5, 1st task)
      DC changing - 4
      fully phase through big solid object - 8

51 + 30 = 81

Lucid 2:

Lucid - 5
      interact with DC - 2
      eat something - 4
      change gravity - 6
      elemental manipulation - 8
      time control - 10
      mass telekinesis - 10
      4th step of tasks - 50

45 + 50 = 95

night 1 total: 81 + 95 + 1.5 = 177.5

The Tasks - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      DJ Entries
      So I made a mistake: 17.5 points, not 20. However, I have now updated my journal. Sensei, you and gab cameoed in an NLD, and StephL, I thought of a post you made on here while dreaming! Cool stuff

http://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/thre...1-lucid-59520/

And some of these point totals are blowing my mind (111? 177? wtf?). Freaking awesome. Good job everyone.

I have also posted a question in my DJ, which should help people get some comment points . . . you know, just sayin
      Last edited by ThreeCat; 07-28-2014 at 06:33 PM.
      StephL likes this.

Oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>OneUp</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      1+ Every Night
      Here
      DJ Entries
      3 full NLDs- 3 points
      4 fragments- 2 points
      total- 5 points

Intelligent Bug, School again, Race on the Track, Nightmare, some fragments - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

lol slow start guys, but Ill be up in the ranks soon lets keep at it McCoy's! We can do this!
      Last edited by OneUp; 07-28-2014 at 07:31 PM.
      Sensei, StephL and ThreeCat like this.

"If we doubted our fears instead of doubting our dreams, imagine how much in life we'd accomplish." ~Joel Brown
      "Your background and circumstances may have influenced who you are, but you are responsible for who you become." ~Darren Hardy

Goals:
      -Become Lucid in every dream every night
      -Perfect the time dilation watch
      -Continue to have a dream plan for most of my lucid dreams

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Talk about bad timing. I had a WBTB just on Sunday afternoon nap before the competition started, but none at night. I tried unsuccessfully for WBTB but gave up and went to sleep. The weirdest thing I remembered two dreams on waking one before WBTB and one after. I repeated the entire dream twice to my memory ensure I do not forget, but now can remember only one fragment. It was riding down an elevator of a two-story building. I was thinking this is weird why I would need a elevator(not typical for me), I guess TOTM was in my mind.
      so WBTB fail - 2
      1 df - 0.5
      Sensei and ThreeCat like this.

Dream Guide - DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'
      DJ Entries
      Well, I knew I was simply trying to up my game by challenging myself with the big dogs in tier 3, but it looks like I will need to put together some proper plans to have a shot. No LDs for night 1.

1 dream, 2 fragments, 1 wbtb attempt: 4pts

I will also try to make time to go through all of these posts and browse and comment in some DJ's hopefully by tonight. I agree that it is nice to get comments in your DJ and I like this idea.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Netherlands
      Let me just post my three step goal here, before I go to bed:

1. Teleportation
      2. Basic Summoning
      3. Telekinesis

Personal goal:
      Eat something

I have only ever teleported before, not that successful, so I might be pushing it here. But if you want to grow, you got to reach for the stars!

Good to see everyone is off to a motivated start! Let's hope tonight is as fruitfull for me, as last night was for some of you guys! Oh en for everyone else too of course! Except those snakes, grrrr.

(I kid of course)

Good luck everyone!
      Chessica, Sensei and ThreeCat like this.
      Lucid Dream Goal:
      A perfect week!

One week with at least 1 Lucid Dream in every night.

Oneironaut Achievements:
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by FryingMan View Post
      Sensei: Question about scoring: can a single dream control event be scored for more than one point category?

For example: I have a lucid dare to make a fireball and throw it. For the competition, do I have to choose between EITHER lucid dare OR element control points for this one event? Or do I get them BOTH (and even more if they apply?)
      Everyone!

Also, a specific task can only count for one in each point column, for instance, getting naked couldn't count as a totm and lucid dare, things can mix very well, but cannot match. I forgot to put that in the rules. Something like "meet a teammate" and "meet DV member" do not match, and are in seperate scoring areas, so they are fine (so if you are checking out lucid dares... And totms... ) will update that rule today when I get to a computer.
      I don't see why not... If anyone has for example lucid dare and totm the same thing, then it's nonsense to complete this same thing twice in two different lucid dreams. It's waste of lucid time to repeat the same challenge! I would let this be okay, people will be only more motivated and that's good. Anyway, there is not so much points for this stuff.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class Referrer Gold
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      Apparently I accidentally deleted my previous DJ entry (annoying phone strikes again). I also added my WBTB as well.

Misinformation - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

5 dreams - 5 points.
      Lucid - 5 points
      WBTB - 2 points

RC/stabilize - 1 point
      Electronics - 4 points
      Interact with DC - 2 points
      Eat something - 4 points

DV extra task - totm (junk food) - 5 points

Total - 28 points
      Last edited by Sensei; 07-28-2014 at 10:11 PM.
      OneUp, StephL and ThreeCat like this.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by MrPriority View Post
      I have only ever teleported before, not that successful, so I might be pushing it here. But if you want to grow, you got to reach for the stars!
      Awesome! It's really cool that people are pushing themselves. I have absolutely no idea how I am going to fully transform (well, I have an inkling ) but I agree: we have to stretch ourselves to bust down those silly waking life schemas and paradigms. Good luck! Sounds like you have your priorities straight! No idea what that smiley is, but it looks fun!
      StephL and MrPriority like this.

Carpe Noctem Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      26+
      in my head, mostly
      DJ Entries
      Night 1: abysmal NLD recall, insomnia, but managed to WILD Tried advanced flying but that didn't turn out well. Almost got my personal goal and nearly ate something but I stopped for no apparent reason Oh well.
      Mini-Stargate and other things

Induction and Recall
      5 pts - Remember a lucid dream
      2 pts - WBTB

Dream Control Tasks
      1 pts - RC/Stabilize
      2 pts - Interact with DC
      4 pts - Flying

Total: 14 points

Question: does walking through glass doors count as walking through a big solid object?
      Sensei and Nightfeather like this.

LD Count
      Missouri
      DJ Entries
      I recalled an aditional fragment of lusting over racy pictures of an ex co-worker on facebook.

.5 point
      total 7.5
      "Oh, and everything is not what it seems
      This life is but a dream"
      Breakers Roar by Sturgill Simpson

Member Achievements:
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      Antoia. I would say that glass is solid. If it breaks on the way through that would be different though.

Nfri. I think I am gonna have to let it slide since I put nothing in it this competition. I know that yours would work with or without the rule. I doubt it will be much of a problem later when we don't have the current TOTMs. I will make a rule about the personal goal later, but lucid dares crossing over won't be a problem aft

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast