• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Results 51 to 75 of 329
    Like Tree106Likes

    Thread: The 2012 'Paradigm Shift.' Is it in its beginning stages?

    1. #51
      Rational Spiritualist DrunkenArse's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Da Aina
      Posts
      2,941
      Likes
      1091
      Quote Originally Posted by Dthoughts View Post
      Some guy that did a 500 minute presentation called the unified field theory
      Yeah.....

      "Unified Field Theory" is a bad sign. It's what Einstein spent his last years working on. It seems like there's no such thing at this point. Such a discovery would be awesome. If it worked out, it would rightly be hailed as one of the greatest accomplishments in history. But in conjunction with ...

      says that in februari 2003 there was a meteor twice the size of jupiter passing trough our solar system. It should have enormous gravitational effects on every planet in the solar system but it didn't.
      It's pretty easy to dismiss it as garbage. Meteors are made out of rock. Rock is normally heavier than gas which is what Jupiter is made out of. Jupiter is the most massive object in the solar system other than the sun. So twice the size of Jupiter and made out of rock is pretty big. It would definitely exert a massive effect on everything near it. Given that the sun is largely hydrogen and helium and something about 1.5 (Off the top of my head. Could be a little bit larger. The factor is less than 2 though) times the mass of the sun turns into a black hole when there are no fusion reactions providing outward pressure, something that massive *may* be large enough to turn into a black hole itself. Either way, we can pretty much write this guy off as a fringe lunatic.

      At first he says he doesn't know why but at the end of the video he says he believes somebody is taking care of us.
      Well it would pretty much take god to make a mass of that size not exert gravitational influence on everything around it and, as previously established in this thread, god doesn't exist. That leaves us with.

      Now i'm not completely sure how to interpret this but to me either it means he's making it all up or his explenation is so crazy nobody would believe him anyway.
      I don't see that these two are mutually exclusive in any way.
      Previously PhilosopherStoned

    2. #52
      Ad absurdum Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Spartiate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Block 4500-7000
      Posts
      4,825
      Likes
      1112
      Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
      It IS to examine all of the theories and try to make the variables fit, because it is the only way to actually and empirically put the theories to the test, in the coming 2 years.
      But you realize that by doing so, you will mold a whole bunch of coincidences and unusual events that have no correlation (besides in your mind) to corroborate your preconceived notion? This is almost the dictionary definition of confirmation bias, and is a very poor way of conducting an investigation.

      Also here you say that you want to empirically test the validity of these beliefs, but later on you say that you're not interested in their scientific plausibility... so I remain 100% confused on what you're trying to do.

      I didn't "believe" her, even before I knew that the deadline for the theory was back in 2003. Why are you asking me this?
      Because you seem intent on ignoring the credibility of this woman, but you know as well as I do that you wouldn't believe her because she is batshit insane .

      I'm just trying to get an amalgamation of things that could be misconstrued as things that validate the 2012 theory, when taken together.
      This is probably the biggest flaw in the thread. There is no 2012 theory, only the end of the Mayan calendar. The Mayan December 31st if you will (only much more significant), but no associated prophecies. All these beliefs have come within the last century, from people trying to attribute meaning to a rather mystical date (not unlike yourself). With nothing to work with, you can attribute absolutely anything you want to 2012, therefore what's the point?

      Quote Originally Posted by Jeff777 View Post
      What woman are you referring to? To the best of my knowledge, Nibiru wasn't an idea orchestrated by any particular person. From what I understand the Sumerian tablets were deciphered and it speaks about a planet named Nibiru.



      Then again, sites like Sitchin Is Wrong help offer opposing views for what sitchin largely spent his life researching.
      Nancy Lieder

    3. #53
      "O" will suffice. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      Oneironaut Zero's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Gender
      Location
      Central Florida
      Posts
      16,084
      Likes
      4023
      DJ Entries
      149
      Quote Originally Posted by Spartiate View Post
      But you realize that by doing so, you will mold a whole bunch of coincidences and unusual events that have no correlation (besides in your mind) to corroborate your preconceived notion?
      *clears throat and picks up megaphone*
      "YES!"

      But I must ask, what is my preconceived notion?
      (Rhetorical question, seeing as how I don't have one. I am simply playing with ideas.)

      Quote Originally Posted by Spart
      This is almost the dictionary definition of confirmation bias, and is a very poor way of conducting an investigation.
      Were this an actual, serious "investigation," this would bother me. But it's not. So it doesn't. Apparently, I took the OP much less seriously than some of you. Maybe it's my fault. Maybe I just didn't put enough thought into how some of the most notorious skeptics were going to interpret it. Hindsight is 20/20, you know. As I said before, this is just playing with the most popular theories, to see how closely upcoming events can be interpreted as having to do with them. I'm Not Trying To Prove Them Right, with any sense of seriousness. It can be taken as no more than an attempt to see what events the theorists might try to explain away as being a part of their "Armageddon/Paradigm/Rapture" interpretations. I honestly didn't think that I was going to be spending this much time defending this thread, as if I'm genuinely trying to prove those interpretations right. It is a Game; a playful thought experiment. I thought it might be kind of fun and interesting, but I gotta say that I'm kind of over it now. If I haven't been able to sufficiently convey the light-heartedness of this thread, by now, it was probably a bad idea to begin with. So whatever.

      Quote Originally Posted by Spartiate
      Also here you say that you want to empirically test the validity of these beliefs, but later on you say that you're not interested in their scientific plausibility... so I remain 100% confused on what you're trying to do.
      Empirically testing the validity of the beliefs would have been a byproduct of throwing all of the coincidences and unusual events that could (even loosely) be related to the most popular theories into the thread, and see how they develop over time, if at all. Apparently, this is impossible to understand, and I'm tired of explaining it. Forget it.



      Quote Originally Posted by Spart
      Because you seem intent on ignoring the credibility of this woman, but you know as well as I do that you wouldn't believe her because she is batshit insane .
      And I've explained why I am ignoring it. I've come to the conclusion that either It's not coming out right, or it's not sinking in.

      Quote Originally Posted by Spart
      This is probably the biggest flaw in the thread. There is no 2012 theory, only the end of the Mayan calendar. The Mayan December 31st if you will (only much more significant), but no associated prophecies. All these beliefs have come within the last century, from people trying to attribute meaning to a rather mystical date (not unlike yourself). With nothing to work with, you can attribute absolutely anything you want to 2012, therefore what's the point?
      The point is that it was supposed to be in fun - a chance to play with the possibilities, without turning it into a serious friggin' debate on whether the wild claims have solid bases. The Don't. And It's Obvious. I understand that the end of the Mayan calendar is the only thing that is ACTUALLY supposed to happen. This was supposed to just be a task to humor some of the fringe theories/interpretations that have come after those initial misinterpretations. That's all. But I can see that this isn't going to go down, the way I intended, because some people are just so intent on falsifying wild claims, even when it's been explicitly stated was that the whole point was to play along with them. Knee-jerk reactions abound.

      To be honest, I figured it might be met with a little more open-mindedness, in Inner Sanctum. I should have known better. It feels kind of lame to invoke Inception on this, but I suddenly feel like Eames, commenting on how Aurthur is the best at what he does, but has no imagination. (Refer to Sig.)

      But I'm tired. Maybe I'll play around with this a little more, later on, but for right now, this thread can pretty much fizzle and die for all I care...
      http://i.imgur.com/Ke7qCcF.jpg
      (Or see the very best of my journal entries @ dreamwalkerchronicles.blogspot)

    4. #54
      Ad absurdum Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Spartiate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Block 4500-7000
      Posts
      4,825
      Likes
      1112
      Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
      They Don't. And It's Obvious.
      Not to many people! Especially in inner sanctum of all places, I had no reason to expect otherwise...

    5. #55
      "O" will suffice. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      Oneironaut Zero's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Gender
      Location
      Central Florida
      Posts
      16,084
      Likes
      4023
      DJ Entries
      149
      Quote Originally Posted by Spartiate View Post
      Not to many people! Especially in inner sanctum of all places, I had no reason to expect otherwise...
      And what better place would there be to get genuine input/information about the topic (rather than the constant attempts to try to disprove/dissent against the whole thing, which I knew was inevitable), than an area frequented by people who are most likely to believe some of those theories?

      It's cool. Forget about it...
      Last edited by Oneironaut Zero; 02-20-2011 at 04:59 AM.
      http://i.imgur.com/Ke7qCcF.jpg
      (Or see the very best of my journal entries @ dreamwalkerchronicles.blogspot)

    6. #56
      LD's this year: ~7 tommo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,202
      Likes
      4986
      DJ Entries
      7
      This is sort of like saying why would you read/write a fiction book. BECAUSE IT'S FUN!
      So stop your skepticism for the sake of fun, please.

    7. #57
      Ad absurdum Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Spartiate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Block 4500-7000
      Posts
      4,825
      Likes
      1112
      Sarah Palin will be elected as president of the USA.

    8. #58
      Sleeping Dragon juroara's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Gender
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      3,865
      Likes
      1171
      DJ Entries
      144
      Quote Originally Posted by Spartiate View Post
      I mean you can look at all the "predictions"
      There is only ONE prediction. The REAL prediction that is being spoken through the living Mayans, represented by Cirilo Perez Oxlaj, highest elder of the living Mayans.

      What Cirilo teaches is that we live in a universe where time is cyclical, or, our lives revolve around cycles. Like the seasons, the waning and waxing of the moon. The living Mayans believe we human beings are not separate from these cycles. Just as the sun and moon influence physiological processes in the human being, the Mayans believe other and greater (in scale scope and size) celestial cycles also greatly influence human behavior, down to our evolution as a people.

      An apx. 26,000 year long cycle is ending, composed of five ages. A new cycle is beginning come Dec. 21st 2012. That date is significant because, its not just the end of an apx 5000 year long age, but the larger cycle that it belongs to. These cycles aren't arbitrary or imaginary, they correlate to real celestial cycles. The Mayans believe, and not just the Mayans, that with each new age mankind has the capacity to overcome obstacles in the previous age, therefore evolving exponentially as a people.

      But this new sun (its a sun cycle) that we are entering is very important. From what I understand, to living Mayans, this new sun marks a time where mankind reaches its greatest potential, and has the capacity to accomplish true global world peace, prosperity and happiness. The reason why it also marks a spiritual age for mankind is simply because none of those things are possible without a complete global paradigm shift.

      Its popularly believed by historians that the Mayans just appeared not so long ago, about 2000 years ago. But Cirilo disagrees and says that their texts testify that the Mayan people were here the last time a cycle of the sun ended, apx. 26,000 years ago. Cirilo also explains that many of their ancient texts were hidden from the conquistadors, because the Mayans rightly feared the conquistadors would destroy everything. These texts were given to the Hopi. The Hopi elder has conferred with Cirilo (unless I'm crazy) and has said that yes they have kept ancient and most sacred texts hidden from us, the white mans world.

      The Hopi elder also agrees with Cirilo that
      1. The Hopis themselves are descendants of the Mayans
      2. That the Mayans descend from a much older and ancient civilization than our historians have recognized

      Cirilo believes that the reason why the living Mayans can talk about 2012 and what is going to happen is because
      1. Time is cyclical, cycles repeat, certain scenarios that happened 26,000 years ago will happen again
      2. And because the Mayans, or their descendants, recorded what happened the last time

      Cirilo is not exactly clear on what will happen. But he has alluded:
      1. The shift is already happening. While 2012 marks the beginning of the New Sun, the Shift into the New Sun has already begun!
      2. To everyone waiting for doomsday, what are you waiting for? As far as Cirilo can see the world is already suffering and perishing. How much worse do you want things to get?
      3. The shift will NOT happen on Dec. 21st 2012, but it will happen very fast over the course of at least a decade (of which started at least five years ago)
      4. Things will happen that might "look" like bad things. But they are only bad if you choose to remain the same. The New Sun will facilitate change, and anyone who tries to hold back change will find themselves suffering (and globally if we hold back change we will perish as a race)
      5. Cirilo gives us a few hints, learn to live with Mother Earth, or suffer
      6. Cirilo gives us another hint, our happy future relies on the marrying of the guidance and wisdom of ancient cultures with the knowledge and science of the modern world (eagle and condor myth if you ask me!)



      To answer Oneironauts question, yes I think current events completely line up with the Mayan prophesy of a New Sun, marked by a global paradigm shift hailing global peace, happiness and abundance for all.

      This future is NOT possible without truth, and it is not possible without access to that truth, which is not possible if we aren't a global community. Is there a technology that gives us the capacity to act as a global community, and spread truth as a global community? I'm bloody using it right now!

      I'm not saying the shift relies on the internet, but that the internet is going to be a tool for the shift. From wikileaks, to Iran 2009, to recent revolution in Egypt. There is a connection between wikileaks and the latest revolutions in the middle east. The demand for civil rights as you demand truth, understanding that tyrannical control relies on the control of information (deceit). Which is why the internet, a tool where revolutionaries can post the truth of their revolution, was so crucial. Could Egypt have prevailed, if no video could have been posted online? Sure. But not in the way it has prevailed. The struggle would have taken months, years, even decades.

      The revolution in Egypt has a global resonance. It took fire spontaneously over night. It was led by the people, not by any organization. It was a successful revolution that only lasted about two 1/2 weeks! That's it! That's not even a month! Think about it! It's virtually unheard of historically!

      What happened in Egypt was MODERN. M O D E R N. Its modern for so many reasons Im too lazy to talk about in this post. But modern, in this economy, also means GLOBAL!

      Who here ever imagined at the start of 2011 that Egypt would have a historical revolution? No one. I repeat. NO ONE. But it happened, right?

      That's what the Shift is like. Sudden. Sudden. Sudden. Sudden! Now Cirilo says we have a choice in this Shift, get on board or get run over!

    9. #59
      Rational Spiritualist DrunkenArse's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Da Aina
      Posts
      2,941
      Likes
      1091
      Sounds like new-agers taking credit for the work of scientists to me. I guess there won't be any paradigm shift there
      Previously PhilosopherStoned

    10. #60
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Dthoughts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      LD Count
      A few
      Gender
      Posts
      1,468
      Likes
      767
      DJ Entries
      72
      You can say that, or u can say that science and "new agers" have something in common.

      If some wise and ancient civilization much older than us that predicted a lot of things predicted global connection 26.000 years ago i don't think u have to take that lightly and look fully into it.
      To me it seems like people all over the world are starting to see the truth more clearly. People are tired of being supressed by dictators be it government dictators or economical dictators.
      If humans have ancient knowledge that has been forgotten by the masses now is as good a time as ever for the rest to find out because the internet now contains this information open for everyone.

      I think its important you keep an open mind for this sort of stuff because it may sound weird or crazy to you but thats also what it looks like when somebody tries to explain lucid dreaming to someone who doesn't give a shit.
      Oneironaut Zero and Jeff777 like this.

    11. #61
      LD's this year: ~7 tommo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,202
      Likes
      4986
      DJ Entries
      7
      This is everything Spartiate feared....

    12. #62
      "O" will suffice. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      Oneironaut Zero's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Gender
      Location
      Central Florida
      Posts
      16,084
      Likes
      4023
      DJ Entries
      149
      Thank you for you views, Juroara and DThoughts...
      http://i.imgur.com/Ke7qCcF.jpg
      (Or see the very best of my journal entries @ dreamwalkerchronicles.blogspot)

    13. #63
      Rational Spiritualist DrunkenArse's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Da Aina
      Posts
      2,941
      Likes
      1091
      Quote Originally Posted by Dthoughts View Post
      You can say that, or u can say that science and "new agers" have something in common.
      Ok? What do they have in common?

      This is typical new-age babble. It has zero content. You can say that the sky is a color. What color? Please enlighten me. From where I sit, one has an open mind and a respect for the truth. The other accepts whatever pretty sounding flotsam comes floating down the river so long as they don't have to think too hard or admit that they're wrong. Can you guess which is which?
      tommo and BLUELINE976 like this.
      Previously PhilosopherStoned

    14. #64
      "O" will suffice. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      Oneironaut Zero's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Gender
      Location
      Central Florida
      Posts
      16,084
      Likes
      4023
      DJ Entries
      149
      Enough.
      Thanks to everyone who at least tried to humor me and go along with the (however flimsy) direction I attempted to take this thread in. I should have known this wasn't possible. I already see what this thread is going to become, and I'm not going to sit here and watch it happen.

      http://i.imgur.com/Ke7qCcF.jpg
      (Or see the very best of my journal entries @ dreamwalkerchronicles.blogspot)

    15. #65
      Member nina's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Gender
      Posts
      10,788
      Likes
      2581
      DJ Entries
      17
      That's a shame, I was planning on posting. O...don't let people ruin your threads, just kick them out or delete their posts. It's your prerogative as a mod. If I hadn't closely policed my vibrational frequency thread it would have ended after the second page instead of being like 16 pages.

      See...this is why we can't have nice things.
      Oneironaut Zero and Jeff777 like this.

    16. #66
      "O" will suffice. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      Oneironaut Zero's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Gender
      Location
      Central Florida
      Posts
      16,084
      Likes
      4023
      DJ Entries
      149
      True enough.
      ...I'll give it some thought....

      Quote Originally Posted by Aquanina
      See...this is why we can't have nice things.
      Iknorite?
      http://i.imgur.com/Ke7qCcF.jpg
      (Or see the very best of my journal entries @ dreamwalkerchronicles.blogspot)

    17. #67
      "O" will suffice. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      Oneironaut Zero's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Gender
      Location
      Central Florida
      Posts
      16,084
      Likes
      4023
      DJ Entries
      149
      So this is what's going to happen:

      After a few conversations with people from both sides of this (tangential) argument, in and out of PM, I've decided to re-open the thread. However, it has been shown that some hardcore skeptics (even though I sympathize with their motives) are just incapable of enough tolerance to allow such a fringe discussion to progress, without trying to destroy every single post they believe has an illogical base. So, going forward, any further detraction is just going to be deleted. I really just don't have the patience, anymore.

      Since it apparently wasn't perfectly clear, on the first go-round, let me repeat: This is not a thread for debate about whether 2012 claims are logical, or have a factual base. This is a thread in which to present the most widely-held theories, and to toy with the idea that they are substantial, to see how well they fit with current events. Period.

      If you are so skeptical of the whole thing - or so "offended" by the fact that some people believe in this stuff (or can pretend they do, long enough to discuss the implications) - that you simply can't play along without trying to start a fight over the subject matter, your posts will be treated as off-topic. My only advice to you would be to create your own thread, in which you can debunk the entire 2012 myth, to your heart's content. This is not that kind of thread, so save your time and energy, and don't bring it here.

      For those of you who would (inevitably) like to file a complaint, you know where my PM box is.
      Last edited by Oneironaut Zero; 02-21-2011 at 01:54 AM.
      http://i.imgur.com/Ke7qCcF.jpg
      (Or see the very best of my journal entries @ dreamwalkerchronicles.blogspot)

    18. #68
      Jesus of DV Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 25000 Hall Points 10000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Huge Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_0000FF'>Man of Shred</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      LD Count
      179
      Gender
      Location
      Lethbridge, alberta
      Posts
      4,663
      Likes
      1058
      DJ Entries
      470
      Gah I've heard many different theories it's impossible to determine exactly what will happen. It's like looking at many different religions, all claiming to be the true way.

      I've heard everything from end of the world via, pole shift, a rogue planet messing with the atmosphere, The Illuminati's plan to go forward with population reduction ad infinitum.

      I do see Egypts recent revolution a significant indicator of Something, but what I don't know.

      Regarding the I-Ching, a Man Named Terrence Mckenna created timewave zero, I'm not sure how but he plotted a computer graph which measures significant upheavals in human history on a timeline which ends in 2012, when the graph finally goes do zero. How he used the I-Ching to plot this graph... I'm not sure. But there's some interesting videos about Timewave Zero on youtube.

      I've also seen many New agers take 2012 in much like a cult would. They say that in 2012, humans with enough positive karma will vibrationally shift into a new state of being on a second earth of paradise. Those with Bad karma will be left to deal with the poleshift (hell), and suffer or die and won't we aware of any shift. I have a significant problem with this theory: how is it any different than the Heaven and hell version in the bible, That only the true followers of gods (Mormons according to South Park) will make it to heaven. But excuse me, what about just regular joes and janes in all countries that have no concept of karma? what of them? Or the starving and dying children in third world countries? Are they going to be left behind on hell earth even though they have no concept of good or bad Karma? I mean come on. While this theory is certainly interesting, it stinks of fundamentalism.

      Based on my observation: Lots of things seem to be happening at this planet all at once, and it feels like it's accelerating. for me time seems to be sped up. And so far a lot of people do seem to be more aware of government corruption, and various conspiracy facts and theories. The amount of people that seem to be aware of this is increasing, I know because 5 years ago, if i would have mentioned anything about corruption in governemtn etc etc, people would ignore me. Nowadays almost everytone I talk to doesn't ignore me on this matter.
      The Best of my dream journal
      http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x15/LucidSeeker/RanmaSig.jpg
      MoSh: How about you stop trying to define everything, and just accept what you experience, and explore it.
      - From the DJ of Waking Nomad!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Cusp View Post
      I'm guessing those intergalactic storm cloud monster bugs come out of sacred energy vortex angel gate medicine wheels.

    19. #69
      The traveller Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      HeavySleeper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Glasgow, Scotland
      Posts
      1,134
      Likes
      1243
      Glad you decided to keep the thread going, O. Hopefully the fun can start now.
      PhilosopherStoned likes this.

    20. #70
      DEATH TO FANATICS! StonedApe's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Gender
      Location
      toledo,OH
      Posts
      2,269
      Likes
      415
      DJ Entries
      61
      Quote Originally Posted by saltyseedog View Post
      omg I like that picture!!!! Sorry if I'm to imature....
      Same, kinda reminds me of p-funk for some reason.
      157 is a prime number. The next prime is 163 and the previous prime is 151, which with 157 form a sexy prime triplet. Taking the arithmetic mean of those primes yields 157, thus it is a balanced prime.

      Women and rhythm section first - Jaco Pastorious

    21. #71
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>saltyseedog</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      LD Count
      eternally
      Gender
      Location
      land of the lost pets
      Posts
      2,380
      Likes
      1520
      DJ Entries
      15
      Let me ask you this, did you feel the same as you do now five years ago? Ten years ago? Twenty years ago?
      I remember the way the energy felt when I was a little kid in the 90's. I didn't understand it though. It feels much different now. These are energetic changes beyond our control. There is a big one coming though and its going to change the way people percieve the world.
      Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake

    22. #72
      Legend Jeff777's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Gender
      Posts
      8,052
      Likes
      1511
      (The image below was taken Aug. 11, 1999 in England at exactly 11:11 a.m. GMT, showing the Sun in full corona.)



      "The Mayans prophesied that from 1999 we have 13 years to realize the changes in our conscious attitude, to stray from the path of self-destruction and instead move onto a path that opens our consciousness to integrate us with all that exists.......The Mayans say that seven years after the start of Kat..n, so 1999, we would enter a time of darkness which would force us to confront our own conduct. The say that this is the time when mankind will enter 'The Sacred Hall of Mirrors', where we will look at ourselves and analyze our behaviors with ourselves, with others, with nature and with the planet in which we live. This will be a time in which all of humanity, by individual conscious decisions, decides to change and eliminate fear and lack of respect from all of our relationships. The Mayans prophesied that the start of this period would be marked by a solar eclipse on August 11, 1999, known to them as 13 Ahau, 8 Cauac. This also would coincide with an unprecedented planetary alignment, the 'Grand Cross' alignment. This would be the beginning of the last 13 years of the Kat..n period, the last opportunity for our civilization to realize the changes that are coming at the moment of our spiritual regeneration."
      LucidFlanders and Darkmatters like this.

    23. #73
      Legend Jeff777's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Gender
      Posts
      8,052
      Likes
      1511
      According to an article by David Hedges titled “Golden Age in 2012”, the golden age is expected to start on 22nd December 2012. He said in his article:-

      In the Brahma-Vaivarta Purana, Lord Krishna tells Ganga Devi that there will be a Golden Age within the Kali-yuga that will start 5,000 years after the beginning of the Kali Yuga. The Golden Age will last for 10,000 years according to Lord Krishna. The Kali Yuga calendar began at midnight on 18 February 3102 B.C. according to many sources.

      The ancient Hindu’s mainly used lunar calendars but also used solar calendars. If an average lunar year equals 354.36 days, then this would be about 5270 lunar years from the time when the Kali Yuga started until 21 Dec 2012, the year that the Mayans predict rebirth of our planet; and it is also about 5113 solar years of 365.24 days per year.

      David Hedges ended his post with the following statement:-

      Now we have another ancient source, Hindu Scripture’s called the Brahma-Vaivarta Purana, predicting a new world about the same time that the Mayans predicted it to come! Historically, this is an amazing fact since these two ancient cultures didn’t have any contact.

    24. #74
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Elias0returned's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      44
      Likes
      2
      Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Sleeper View Post
      The name is Petrus Romanus (or Peter the Roman) . .
      I don't think I'd be able to find a better link, but if it interests anyone, they can look more into it themselves. Again, I don't really believe it, but it's a funny coincidence.
      There is a direct message from Petrus Romanus at that same link (cited in message #20, this topic) on the discussion page, at the 'prev' revision of 17:22, 5 August 2009. It gives some insight into who "Peter the Roman" really is.
      Last edited by Elias0returned; 02-22-2011 at 04:20 AM. Reason: clarity of reference

    25. #75
      not so sure.. Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      dajo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      LD Count
      ca 25
      Gender
      Location
      Phnom Penh
      Posts
      1,465
      Likes
      178
      Quote Originally Posted by Aquanina View Post
      - Earth having a pole shift, or aligning with planets, or the center of our galaxy, or moving from one plane and shifting its spin, wobble, etc. etc., etc. ...someone research that please and give us some data!
      There is an alignment, but it happens every year at that time.

      I know that one of the earlier people that talked about 2012 was Terence McKenna in his Novelty Theories and Timewave Zero.

      As to the thread, I'll try to give some input.



      Quite some time ago I watched a 3 hour lecture on 2012 and the calendar (I'm looking for it*) and it basically went into detail on how the different levels of evolution of consciousness progress and get shorter each time the next circle starts. What I found interesting is that, viewed from a larger picture (big bang - 2012) some cycles do seem to outline some significant changes and if the names were correct, some of these appeared quite uncanny. I personally would put more emphasize on the big picture than picking out single events that happen now. At least start from a broader viewpoint, to understand the "changing curve".

      *It was by Nassim Haramein.

      I never actually checked the accuracy of either the dates nor the calendar itself.

      In the lecture it was actually a lot more explained than in the picture I have posted.

      We could look at the two dates that are open in the provided calendar:
      Jan 5, 1999
      Feb 11, 2011
      Anything specific happen on exactly these days?

      According to Wikipedia:
      As to 1999: Apple Computer releases the Power Macintosh G3 (Blue & White)
      But as for the date of Feb 11, 2011: Egyptian Revolution culminates in the resignation of Hosni Mubarak and the transfer of power to the Supreme Military Council after 18 days of protests.

      Here is another:




      Anyway, I guess that existence (meaning everything) is so complex and versatile that it could be fitted into any "relative" system trying to put a static order on things to make it appear true and sensible. I personally prefer the notion of a bit more chaos, but sometimes I wonder if everything happens because it is supposed to, whether we want to or not.

      Especially looking at events over the last 200 years makes it increasingly difficult to put them into "the correct order" and is almost necessarily vague. What's more, our perception of events is guided by media and may be biased as well.

      That said, I believe that the most significant invention and tool to change everything forever is the internet. That's the closest we have come to observing a collective consciousness.
      Last edited by dajo; 02-22-2011 at 01:11 PM.

    Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. beginning stages?
      By DreamThief in forum Wake Initiated Lucid Dreams (WILD)
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 08-31-2010, 07:07 PM
    2. Paradigm Conspiracy: How and Why we are controlled
      By Kuhnada29 in forum Extended Discussion
      Replies: 43
      Last Post: 02-25-2010, 08:43 PM
    3. Paradigm Shift
      By O'nus in forum Senseless Banter
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 01-22-2009, 11:38 PM
    4. Consciousness shift - 2012 or not
      By wer in forum Philosophy
      Replies: 159
      Last Post: 11-03-2007, 02:21 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •